Ed Oliver has been a beast the last few games...

Hebert19

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

If Tre White is gone and it looks that way based reports this morning ,  we need other players to step up.  Thre Bills play zone but need guys in the front 7 to start making plays on the QB.  

I think we would have heard by now if torn.  No news is good news. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He has been wrecking offenses by himself.  The Colts used his aggressiveness against him so he’ll have to figure that out but he’s been a revelation the last month or so. 

Lots of traps and WHAM blocks by TEs. I’m sure McD probably coached him up about playing his gap and maintaining his 1/11th. 

I question how ready they were to see those types of plays. 

That being said, he is all over the place. His run stuffing ability, his pass rush, his hustle. He is a bad man.

• Like (+1) 3

I can see that someone on the coaching staff made him play to his potential before they had him playing like Pat Williams, and he does not have the size to do that and now he has been a recking machine at defensive tackle.  I would like to see the Bills line him up over the center on passing plays because his quickness of the ball will cause centers to be a little nervous snapping the ball.   

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He isn't arguably the best 3-tech of all time. That's fair.

He is getting there.

Edited by Marvlevydraftdaygenius

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He has been wrecking offenses by himself.  The Colts used his aggressiveness against him so he’ll have to figure that out but he’s been a revelation the last month or so. 

Same thing used to happen with Kyle too.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

No.  He flashed but got wrecked the majority of the game

He’s also literally the only threat in the DL 🤷🏻

36 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Same thing used to happen with Kyle too.

He’s also literally the only threat in the DL 🤷🏻

I think that's a slight exaggeration.  But not surprising really.  There's no lack of that on this board.

If you pay attention, you will see 57 putting a lot of heat on QB's.  He's coming off the ball hot and making some OT's work their butts off.  I've seen more than a few holds that weren't called (of course) where he basically gets tackled to the ground while he's bearing down. 

Addison is fairly consistent.  And 99 has some good mojo this season as well.  Harry gets some good penetration on lots of downs causing some serious pocket collapsing.  Yes, the sack numbers aren't there, but they're not always a reflection of true pressure getting applied. 

The dream would be to get the Davis kid from Georgia to pair with Ed at the other DT spot. He’ll likely be long gone by the time we pick, tho.

No slight to Harry, but that’s a big step down from Star, who is a step down from elite himself. We should be preparing for an overhaul of the interior DL in the off-season, jetting Butler and possibly Addison.

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

The dream would be to get the Davis kid from Georgia to pair with Ed at the other DT spot. He’ll likely be long gone by the time we pick, tho.

No slight to Harry, but that’s a big step down from Star, who is a step down from elite himself. We should be preparing for an overhaul of the interior DL in the off-season, jetting Butler and possibly Addison.

I’m at the point where I’d rather see Butler cut, Harry inactive and our interior being 3 big bodies and Oliver… Star, Bryant, Ankou and Ed.  

Make sure we stop the run, allow Oliver to be a menace, and then we can bump Obada or Basham (whoever’s active) inside on passing downs.  

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m at the point where I’d rather see Butler cut, Harry inactive and our interior being 3 big bodies and Oliver… Star, Bryant, Ankou and Ed.  

Make sure we stop the run, allow Oliver to be a menace, and then we can bump Obada or Basham (whoever’s active) inside on passing downs.  

I'm kinda there with you as well with that DT line up.  Butler and Harry seem non-existent it seems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.