Potential for Spenser Brown move? (to LT?)

Toledo Bill

20 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I hope the Bills are doing their due diligence in evaluating Trevor Penning. I’d like to see a Penning, Brown bookend pairing for the Bills. Move Shnowman to Guard

19 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Spencer Brown is a RT always has been. Wont be the best idea to move him. Now im all for Drafting his college teamate that acually plays LT starting him at guard until he is ready. 

16 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Trevor Penning, 6'7 340 great athlete just like brown. But his natural spot is on the left side. He may be a first rounder. But i think we can get him at the end of the first. Our oline instantly becomes a strong point!

13 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I like it a lot! We would have 2 tackles on rookie deals where we could overpay if need be to strengthen the interior. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do if need be. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:58 AM, Toledo Bill said:

Dawkins seems to have regressed badly. Whether due to Covid or another reason he looks like he is really struggling and is causing big problems for Allen. 
I understand that left tackle takes a special akill set and is different than right tackle but could we do any worse with Brown at left tackle?

we don’t have many options at this point but Dawkins really seems to have become a liability.

Do you really want to move a rookie RT to LT this late in the season? What happens at RT, leave Williams there?!? Dawkins sits?!? That would not be the best 5  o line men. To answer your question, yes we can and would do a lot worse with Brown at LT. He was brought in to shore up the RT spot and he has. Some of you need to take the time to watch the game again. Dawkins wasn't as bad as some make him out to be. 

Terrible idea.

Brandon Beene called Spencer "the swing tackle" after the draft.  I think Spencer has exceeded expectations.   I agree that now is not the time to make the change.  I disagree that D Dawk "wasn't [that] bad".   His body looks terrible and struggled mightily against a backup on Thanksgiving.   

I think that in the Off Season the staff should look at SB at LT and D Dawk at either RT or LG.    Not commit, but see what happens.  

Given the replies, its seems to be wise to keep Brown at RT when he returns.

Cody Ford looked somewhat improved in the last game at RG.

Ike had one very good play at LG and difficulties throughout the game.

Who is the best LG going forward? Assuming Dawkins-?-Morse-Williams-Brown are the best in their four positions.

Feliciano/Ike/Ford?

Is Ford RG only?

Williams is RG/RT only, I think he won't be here next year given that he has ceded his primary position to a 3rd round rookie.

In a way I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills try a Ford/Brown right side of the line at some point this year or if there are injuries.

27 minutes ago, quincy said:

Given the replies, its seems to be wise to keep Brown at RT when he returns.

Cody Ford looked somewhat improved in the last game at RG.

Ike had one very good play at LG and difficulties throughout the game.

Who is the best LG going forward? Assuming Dawkins-?-Morse-Williams-Brown are the best in their four positions.

Feliciano/Ike/Ford?

Is Ford RG only?

Williams is RG/RT only, I think he won't be here next year given that he has ceded his primary position to a 3rd round rookie.

In a way I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills try a Ford/Brown right side of the line at some point this year or if there are injuries.

I'd like to try Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Ford, Brown. But I think we are past the time for experiments. Should have tried it after the bye week if anytime at all. I think Fords best position would be at RG if he stays as a starter. If we keep Dawkins, Morse and Williams (RG) and Brown at RT. I'd say Feliciano would be best at LG, but I could be talked out of it.😉

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Do you really want to move a rookie RT to LT this late in the season? What happens at RT, leave Williams there?!? Dawkins sits?!? That would not be the best 5  o line men. To answer your question, yes we can and would do a lot worse with Brown at LT. He was brought in to shore up the RT spot and he has. Some of you need to take the time to watch the game again. Dawkins wasn't as bad as some make him out to be. 

Terrible idea.

That will never happen.  Even Ford being an underachieving player is still on the field.

8 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'd like to try Dawkins, Williams, Morse, Ford, Brown. But I think we are past the time for experiments. Should have tried it after the bye week if anytime at all. I think Fords best position would be at RG if he stays as a starter. If we keep Dawkins, Morse and Williams (RG) and Brown at RT. I'd say Feliciano would be best at LG, but I could be talked out of it.😉

If Spencer and Feliciano come back, I don't see how Ford gets in the line up.

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Peters is a better OT than Dawkins is right now. I think an almost 40 Peters moves, blocks and pulls better than a young Dawkins

Peters would have been great to have this season.   He was just out there looking for a chance to play for someone this summer.   I'm not a big sentimentality guy.......I root for the laundry mostly.......but would have been cool for him to finish his pro career where it started.    But the way he's playing this year the Bears will probably offer him a 2 year deal with the intention for him to be their starter for that period.    He's been their best lineman. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.