Potential for Spenser Brown move? (to LT?)

Toledo Bill

I agree with Big Blitz and Pags24 …… Ford had a decent game, bordering on good.

Only ungood play I saw was when he didn’t help Williams quickly enough because Williams was immediately beat to the outside off the snap.

That is 2 pretty decent games in a row.  Wonder what they do going forward when all are available.

Feliciano … meh.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The constants during Dion’s average years at LT is poor guard play at LG, 2018 and this year. When guard play has been solid Dion has been good, 2017, 2019, 2020. 

Boettger is terrible and not helping but Dion is getting beat one on one by his man. Call it covid or regressing,  I don't know? I just know I don't ever want Williams at RT.  Maybe Spencer could do it?  They be many OL guys either drafted or acquired this offseason. So I'm sure we're going to see big changes. Right now the only lineman I trust are Morse & Brown. 

6 hours ago, quincy said:

Granderson appeared to have a very good game against Dawkins. The play where Dawkins grabbed the back of his jersey when totally beaten was embarrassing.

Dawkins was playing against a backup instead of Davenport. Can only assume that Dawkins would have fared even worse against him.

Having an out of form LT is troubling going forward.

What are the negatives in giving Brown a shot at LT?

I saw Granderson and Allen exchanging jerseys after the game....college teammates.

37 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Boettger is terrible and not helping but Dion is getting beat one on one by his man. Call it covid or regressing,  I don't know? I just know I don't ever want Williams at RT.  Maybe Spencer could do it?  They be many OL guys either drafted or acquired this offseason. So I'm sure we're going to see big changes. Right now the only lineman I trust are Morse & Brown. 

Boet got three guys on Breide's TD run....look again if you missed.  Even got a call out from Breeze

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have actually been sort of envisioning a bizarre scenario where eventually Dawkins gets bounced inside down the road and you just have 2 monster Guards in Dawkins and Williams. Then playing Brown at one of the tackles and a player to be named later as the opposite tackle. No idea why. I just keep thinking about it. Super physical and just hammering people

We are paying Dawkins $12M-$13M/yr and paying Williams $10M/yr.

Your dream is paying $23M/yr on guards who are actually tackles?

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

This is a wild thought, but maybe we keep our franchise Left Tackle at Left Tackle and keep our solid rookie Right Tackle at Right Tackle?

Dawkins is having a bad year, but he had a very bad case of covid and has absolute garbage at Guard next to him.

Do we really think he sucks all of a sudden? Like he went from being above average for several years to sucking so bad that we have to change his position?

Stop it.

I actually think the whole line played pretty well in the second half including Dawkins. Establishing the run makes a big difference and the running backs contributed to that last night.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How about the reason of he came into OTAs fat & sloppy and was rumored to be spending more time running with Bennie the Butcher and the Buffalo Kids than watching film?

There was still plenty of time between OTAs and the season to get into shape, but COVID intervened.  And a rumor?

Edited by Doc

Brown looks like the best pass blocker on the roster.  His athleticism makes him pop off the screen to be fair.  He is very tough to get around.  Imo he looks like a young Joe Thomas.  Not the player but body type and movement ability look very similar.  In todays NFL not much different from RE to LE so having him play LT or RT doesnt matter. 

Edited by Mat68
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Trevor Penning, 6'7 340 great athlete just like brown. But his natural spot is on the left side. He may be a first rounder. But i think we can get him at the end of the first. Our oline instantly becomes a strong point!

I like it a lot! We would have 2 tackles on rookie deals where we could overpay if need be to strengthen the interior. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do if need be. 

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
More power

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.