Bills at Saints - Give Thanks for a win in this Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

I honestly do not think it is over the top. The message is ball security. Since The rookie dropped one last night, the face of the franchise will be back in on Monday night.

I have no problem with sending that kind of message to fumblers.  The Patriots will not abide it at all.  Ask Jonas Gray and Steven Ridley, among others, about that.

And when you send that message to one guy, other guys pay attention.  Singletary seemed to have a tighter hold than usual on the rock last night, didn’t he?

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's finding out what happened to Cam Newton.    When you act like a football player.......you don't get those calls.   It's not right but it's how the game is called.    You gotta' act like you don't belong on the field with those defensive players to consistently get those calls.    Hell.......that little post-play whisper in Josh's ear in the first half would have been a 15 yarder if Ed Oliver did it to Trevor.

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Run Josh less.  Get more calls in the pocket.  

See these are the comments I don’t get-is this sarcasm and it just came off terribly or are you really saying you want our QB to be “less of a football player”? He can’t stay in the pocket because there is hardly ever a pocket for him to stay in. So you guys want him to stay in the pocket and get crushed just so the Bills can maybe get 1 roughing the passer penalty-doesn’t seem smart at all to me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

See these are the comments I don’t get-is this sarcasm and it just came off terribly or are you really saying you want our QB to be “less of a football player”? He can’t stay in the pocket because there is hardly ever a pocket for him to stay in. So you guys want him to stay in the pocket and get crushed just so the Bills can maybe get 1 roughing the passer penalty-doesn’t seem smart at all to me

I got them.  When you're built like JA, you won't get some calls.  Also once he takes off and runs he's treated like a RB, not protected like a QB.

Should I draw a picture to explain????😜

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Design run Allen less.  Guys only got so many shots in em.  Im not saying for him not to protect himself and use his legs to get of the pocket.  Qb power, Qb sweep are extra hits he doesn't need to take.  By running him less imo he will be granted more penalties.

17 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Design run Allen less.  Guys only got so many shots in em.  Im not saying for him not to protect himself and use his legs to get of the pocket.  Qb power, Qb sweep are extra hits he doesn't need to take.  By running him less imo he will be granted more penalties.

Allen is more likely to get hurt standing in the pocket.   

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree.

You can disagree all you want, but there is data that shows Quarterbacks who run more are not more likely to be injured, see below.

Quarterbacks that Run Most are Not Injured Most

These same stats have been used time and time again by local analysts to dispute the idea that Josh needs to "run less."    Josh is more likely to be injured by tacking a sack than he is on a designed run.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, snap counts are out and on offense, he got one snap to show us anything

I should have put more context in my original post to clarify he didn’t show much to me that ‘rationalized benching McKenzie, especially if he only got one offensive snap at the end of the game.’  I would have thought he would have gotten some snaps up 24-0 to see if he understands the offense and his responsibilities.

The Saints are basiclly the Patriots.  Besides Harris and Henry the offenses are about the same skill wise.  Trevor Simieon is Mac Jones at this point. The defense are the same imo.  Both good secondaries one solid edge defender.  This is an extremely winnable game even with the White news.  I think NE are vastly over rated.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The Saints are basiclly the Patriots.  Besides Harris and Henry the offenses are about the same skill wise.  Trevor Simieon is Mac Jones at this point. The defense are the same imo.  Both good secondaries one solid edge defender.  This is an extremely winnable game even with the White news.  I think NE are vastly over rated.  

schematically, I believe both the saints and pats play a ton of man coverage too. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

You can disagree all you want, but there is data that shows Quarterbacks who run more are not more likely to be injured, see below.

Quarterbacks that Run Most are Not Injured Most

These same stats have been used time and time again by local analysts to dispute the idea that Josh needs to "run less."    Josh is more likely to be injured by tacking a sack than he is on a designed run.

That entire methodology is flawed. Her first mistake is constructing 6 groups arbitrarily based on her desire to see a spectrum for some reason. The fact that Russell Wilson is grouped with Lamaar Jackson is all you need to see. Wilson is not a running QB, he scrambles to buy time and winds up running ~5 times per game. She even admits she knows the NFL but has no background in data analysis. Don't take every blog you read on the internet as gospel because it has charts.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Lots of football fans like to talk about how dangerous it is for a QB to run.  Where is the data to support that? 

It's just based on basic logic and common sense, but that doesn't mean it's accurate.

Fans also love to harp on "the defense is getting tired" when the offense doesn't stay on the field as much as desired, but the data actually suggests that the is NO CORRELATION between defensive time on the field and "tiredness".

It's just a myth, along with "trap games" which don't actually exist.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Siemian is mac jones?  Lol.  

Solid Starting RB + starting TE vs 2 backup level players.

a defense coached by Bill Belichick = to dennis allens defense because they have somewhat similar talent?  

One team wins 5 in a row.  The other team has lost 4 in a row.  

we just lost our best defensive player.

yeah….sounds like the Saints and Pats are basically the same.  

if only the definition of same = not the same

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

a defense coached by Bill Belichick = to dennis allens defense because they have somewhat similar talent?  

Yeah, but, I mean……other than that…….🤷‍♀️

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lattimore=Jackson

Jordan=Joudon

Davis=Hightower

Jenkins= Mccourtey

I could continue but will not.  Yes, Mac Jones is no better than Trevor Siemion.  His run with Denver is not that similar than Mac Jones.  At the end of the day Trevor couldnt score enough points to win the games they needed to.  I think Jones meets a similar fate in December.  I could be wrong but im far from sold.  

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Lattimore=Jackson

Jordan=Joudon

Davis=Hightower

Jenkins= Mccourtey

I could continue but will not.  Yes, Mac Jones is no better than Trevor Siemion.  His run with Denver is not that similar than Mac Jones.  At the end of the day Trevor couldnt score enough points to win the games they needed to.  I think Jones meets a similar fate in December.  I could be wrong but im far from sold.  

Seriously, quit while you’re only a little behind. You’ll never reach ‘ahead’.

41 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Lattimore=Jackson

Jordan=Joudon

Davis=Hightower

Jenkins= Mccourtey

Yeah sure man.  You’re right.  I already stated that above.  Great post.  Definitely the “same”.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.