Bills at Saints - Give Thanks for a win in this Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Rookie.  6th rounder.  What were you expecting? 

i agree, not bashing the kid.  Just saying, despite McKenzie’s mistake last week, I’m trying to rationalize the move unless McKenzie is hurt.  I mean, with the comfortable lead, we didn’t work in any offensive snaps that I could see for Stevenson.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Thought the Bills were meh again.  Defense was good, but this was not a good litmus test vs. Semien and a depleted NO Offense.

As for the Offense, not happy with Allen's decision making and again another two bad Ints.  Not many passes deep down field again, but took what was given.

Happy that he was trying to get Diggs the ball (though not sure what he saw on the int).

Still think the offense is just off.

That second INT was the result of Allen's arm getting hit as he threw the ball. That's just bad luck.  As for decision making Allen was throwing that pass to Sanders the guy Brees said Allen should be throwing the ball to on that play.  And for the record we should have been lining up for an extra point on that play as a great TD throw to Knox was negated by an O-lineman being downfield 40 yards away from the play.

Everyone was crying for Allen to take what the D was giving and last night he did exactly that.  NO has a smart, talented veteran secondary/LB group and Allen and the Bills O looked very good against them.  With Mongo & Brown back for the NE game there is reason to be encouraged that the O will move the ball in that game.

• Like (+1) 6

Who knew the Saints had become the Aints again- an impossibly bad team when their stars are out? But a comeback beat down it was.

Highlighted by a squelching, attacking D, Fort Knox and who was that RB dude? HE stays in the lineup!

My most critical concerns?

1) Tre

2) That terrible Turnover before the half.

3) That horrible 4th Down buffoonery by McD.

• Dislike 1

I am VERY thankful for a win yesterday. If this season has taught us anything it is that No game is an automatic W ever! This quote regarding the game I thought was spot on #upstaterules

"Trying to imagine Breida and Singletary getting some holes to run through. Mitch Morse was very good, the others were very inconsistent, especially Dawkins. Diggs was upagainst one of the top 5 corners in the game, Lattimore. Robey is no slouch on the other side, too.

The RPO plays helped offset a ***** oline.

Beasely again had a very effective, quiet game, 1st down machine. Glad to see Gabe Davis making a difference again.

Dawson Know breaks Bills TE TD record for a season. I know Russ is smiling from ear to ear!!

Ed Oliver reminds me of Godzilla wrecking Tokyo, ***** up olines. Trending towards Aaron Donald, not there YET!

How good are Milano and Poyer? They better be Pro Bowl starters. Addison is getting some good pressure lately, but he is going in high on his tackles.

Final game of the season should be a goodbye game for Jerry Hughes, should have Kyle in attendance for that one.

They benched Cody Ford in the 2nd quarter for Bates and Douglas. Bates got hurt on one play and then they realized Douglas, ut-oh, Ford came back in.

Now we have to worry about Tre's knee."

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Nonsense. Yesterday Daboll proved that he finally figured out how to beat cover 2 with a poor o-line. Quick throws, run the ball and well-timed play action, screens to the speedy RB. The Saints defense is very good and we were able to move the ball consistently all night long. Pass protection is still a concern but Brown will be back soon.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That second INT was the result of Allen's arm getting hit as he threw the ball. That's just bad luck.  As for decision making Allen was throwing that pass to Sanders the guy Brees said Allen should be throwing the ball to on that play.  And for the record we should have been lining up for an extra point on that play as a great TD throw to Knox was negated by an O-lineman being downfield 40 yards away from the play.

Everyone was crying for Allen to take what the D was giving and last night he did exactly that.  NO has a smart, talented veteran secondary/LB group and Allen and the Bills O looked very good against them.  With Mongo & Brown back for the NE game there is reason to be encouraged that the O will move the ball in that game.

Diggs also got held terribly on the first pick and couldn’t make his break…I think we were the victim of the refs ‘letting them play’ on that one 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Much needed win.  I want this team to get healthy and do damage in the playoffs.  Singletary made one heck of a run last night.  That was the highlight of the game for me.  

Unfortunately the mistakes keep happening and at some point the “we need to eliminate the mistakes”  mantra just wears thin.  It seems like this team is good for at least a few turn overs every game.  The ints, and another muffed punt yesterday but we weren’t playing a contender so it all worked out.  John Madden used to say that you play thru Thanksgiving to give yourself a chance to make a run.  Well.. this team has done that and they will play meaningful games down the stretch.  So let’s all sit back and enjoy it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Diggs also got held terribly on the first pick and couldn’t make his break…I think we were the victim of the refs ‘letting them play’ on that one 

There were at least 3 plays in the first half where Allen was hit late and should have drawn roughing the passer penalties. These did not happen when he was running, he was hit when he had dropped back to pass. It was odd to not see any such flags. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I suspect you aren’t long for here. I have a nose for these sort of things..

Well, cry me a river.  By now,  Everyone knows someone afflicted with the virus who’s had lasting effects -be it senses (smell/taste/feeling) or still feeling run down. Simply because some people seem to recover very well doesn’t mean those who haven’t are any less. How ‘bout rather than crap on him, you think about what the Bills can actually do at this point in the season to remedy the situation on the field? 

It’s a dilemma for sure. If we kick Dawkins inside, who’s better to replace him on Josh’s blind side without crippling the right side?

We’ve seen your predictions. Now I’m confused how we won.

More than a few Noobs are actually reincarnations of previously banned crapnoodles. Just like ‘the Law’, it takes us a while to figure them out. But once we do, we go on an ass-bootin’ frenzy. Y’all are encouraged to share your suspicions in this regard.

See above.

If indeed you’ve had ST’s since ‘61, then you know Bart Starr made a HOF career out of play-action throws on 3rd & short🤦‍♂️. I have no idea why we called a timeout on the other play..🤷‍♂️

True I guess but I'm pretty sure McD said covid isn't an issue anymore a while back.  I could be mistaken about that but I think I heard it.  Back in September Dawkins said it was just a conditioning thing.  I am pretty sure he would be conditioned by now.  He isn't playing well at all in most games.  It's a problem.  What can they do to help it if its a covid problem?  Not much.  I really don't think his problem is because of Covid.  Hopefully his problem is the constant shuffling of the line.

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

There were at least 3 plays in the first half where Allen was hit late and should have drawn roughing the passer penalties. These did not happen when he was running, he was hit when he had dropped back to pass. It was odd to not see any such flags. 

It was also odd to see no flags when the Saints decided to get chippy and taunt our guys on consecutive plays in the first quarter.  One happened right in front of the ref when Onyemata head-butted Josh and chirped at him.  The book has been out on our guys since the post-game comments in Jacksonville:  bully them and we'll fold.  The Saints clearly had that as part of their game plan early, because they knew they couldn't out-talent us.  Fortunately the guys got through it and put the game away.

I don't care for the taunting rule, but I'd prefer that it (like every other rule) be applied consistently.

• Agree 1

Thought the Bills were meh again.  Defense was good, but this was not a good litmus test vs. Semien and a depleted NO Offense.

As for the Offense, not happy with Allen's decision making and again another two bad Ints.  Not many passes deep down field again, but took what was given.

Happy that he was trying to get Diggs the ball (though not sure what he saw on the int).

Jesus H. Christ!🤬

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I am VERY thankful for a win yesterday. If this season has taught us anything it is that No game is an automatic W ever! This quote regarding the game I thought was spot on #upstaterules

"Trying to imagine Breida and Singletary getting some holes to run through. Mitch Morse was very good, the others were very inconsistent, especially Dawkins. Diggs was upagainst one of the top 5 corners in the game, Lattimore. Robey is no slouch on the other side, too.

The RPO plays helped offset a ***** oline.

Beasely again had a very effective, quiet game, 1st down machine. Glad to see Gabe Davis making a difference again.

Dawson Know breaks Bills TE TD record for a season. I know Russ is smiling from ear to ear!!

Ed Oliver reminds me of Godzilla wrecking Tokyo, ***** up olines. Trending towards Aaron Donald, not there YET!

How good are Milano and Poyer? They better be Pro Bowl starters. Addison is getting some good pressure lately, but he is going in high on his tackles.

Final game of the season should be a goodbye game for Jerry Hughes, should have Kyle in attendance for that one.

They benched Cody Ford in the 2nd quarter for Bates and Douglas. Bates got hurt on one play and then they realized Douglas, ut-oh, Ford came back in.

Now we have to worry about Tre's knee."

For the record Ford got hurt. 

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So...turn off the propane heater under the tar pot, and put the bag of chicken feathers back in the storeroom? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H. Christ!🤬

Right.  Firing the heater back up, retrieving bag of feathers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here.  You got the attention you crave.  Now move along.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Stevenson only got 1 snap on offense and that was probably with Mitch, is this really just an over the top message to McKenzie?

I honestly do not think it is over the top. The message is ball security. Since The rookie dropped one last night, the face of the franchise will be back in on Monday night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.