Bills at Saints - Give Thanks for a win in this Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

obviously happy w a good road win vs a mash unit O, but a solid D.

we need brown back so bad (tre too obv, but not sure his status yet).  The biggest thing to me watching dawkins and ford closely is they look like fat body slobs, way more so than 1 and 2 years ago.  ford looks like a bloated goon, dawkins looks saggier and less stout than last season.  williams is bit tubby and doesn't move his feet to well, but he's a hoss when he gets into someone.  Brown is some kind of man child super athlete.  

i don't know if it's the S&C, the injuries, the rehap, covid, or what, but our prior starting two OTs (remember ford was our RT for a while in his rookie season?) looking sloppy and playing it really bothers me.  dawkins was never a pro bowler i don't think, but he used to play w some pep and get on guys.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dawson’s hair products are seeping into his brain 

🤣

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just here to leave you all with this little clip

Diggs, C'mon man, that guy's got a family!

Jaw-dropping. We’ve seen Diggs in training camp grunt hard when he makes moves like this. It isn’t easy. He’s incredible!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

@YoloinOhio I’m thankful you’re a Bills fan! I’ll talk to Scott about getting you a raise!😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here in Europe, I am glad that I got to see all 4 quarters on television this time round with a very late finishing time locally.

Last week the coverage against the Colts was switched to Packers/Vikings after 3 quarters due to it being a blowout!

Still areas of concern but happy for a thanksgiving win. Lets go Buffalo, lets attempt to win the AFC East for starters.

• Like (+1) 6

Thought the Bills were meh again.  Defense was good, but this was not a good litmus test vs. Semien and a depleted NO Offense.

As for the Offense, not happy with Allen's decision making and again another two bad Ints.  Not many passes deep down field again, but took what was given.

Happy that he was trying to get Diggs the ball (though not sure what he saw on the int).

Still think the offense is just off.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3

8 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Of his 5 incompletions, 2 were INT's, and 2 were throwaways under pressure. I think the only pass that hit the ground that he tried to complete was the 3rd and inches intended for Diggs.

BTW - why were we throwing on 3rd and inches?  - and - 

why did McD call a timeout after failing to draw them Offside instead of just taking the 5 year delay of game (we were at around midfield)

And that was a really good throw to Diggs too. It was just well defended.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So...turn off the propane heater under the tar pot, and put the bag of chicken feathers back in the storeroom? 🤔

Yeah put that stuff away now.  Marcellus Wallace says that's  just way too far off into medieval territory for regular season.  I'm working on acquiring a box of old phones for the Pats* game(s). Win or lose, they get thrown at the wall postgame.

• Haha (+1) 2

Glad that Buffalo won, it was needed to keep them on the right side of the playoff hunt.  This is at least a wild card team, but the two games against New England and one against Tampa will tell us where they are.   

I hope they win next week if for anything else to stop the announcers from gushing all over the Patriots and fawning over Mac Jones as if he is the next Tom Brady, that will be unbearable to listen to if New England wins.

Edited by dgrochester55

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Elated. I won’t lie and say that I saw it coming. I hoped and prayed, but I am a lot more confident going into the NE game than I was expecting that I would be. Go Bills!

I agree as it made my turkey day a very happy one. Kind of amazing that now my week is much brighter and I can watch the football shows... all from one win.

The Bills changed up the offense and got that ball out quicker and it helped in so many ways. Even without a stout run game that play action still worked. 

Lets hope Tre is ok and they do well against NE on MNF.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Thought the Bills were meh again.  Defense was good, but this was not a good litmus test vs. Semien and a depleted NO Offense.

As for the Offense, not happy with Allen's decision making and again another two bad Ints.  Not many passes deep down field again, but took what was given.

Happy that he was trying to get Diggs the ball (though not sure what he saw on the int).

The Saints ran cover 2 practically all night. I was there and it was fun to watch it live. Josh’s second INT wasn’t really on him throwing as much as holding the ball too long. I’m not sure how it looked on film but watching it live it felt like he didn’t have much time to throw the majority of the evening. I was shocked to see he completed 80% of his passes. Side note New Orleans fans are just really classy. Can’t say enough good things about them. 

• Like (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

teams with run games tend to look meh. 

51 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I am more happy for the 4 TD passes.

Brees gave a good explanation of Int #1 and Int #2 was just crappy luck. 

If he threw a pick like Simians then I would be more concerned....he basically through it into triple coverage with a LB under and the CB in coverage with safety help

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, colin said:

obviously happy w a good road win vs a mash unit O, but a solid D.

we need brown back so bad (tre too obv, but not sure his status yet).  The biggest thing to me watching dawkins and ford closely is they look like fat body slobs, way more so than 1 and 2 years ago.  ford looks like a bloated goon, dawkins looks saggier and less stout than last season.  williams is bit tubby and doesn't move his feet to well, but he's a hoss when he gets into someone.  Brown is some kind of man child super athlete.  

i don't know if it's the S&C, the injuries, the rehap, covid, or what, but our prior starting two OTs (remember ford was our RT for a while in his rookie season?) looking sloppy and playing it really bothers me.  dawkins was never a pro bowler i don't think, but he used to play w some pep and get on guys.

Brown is the most freakish O-Lineman I’ve ever seen.  Dude is just a specimen.  

Dawkins was a fringe top tier LT, more likely the second tier of Tackles, but he’s been competing for worst OL this year if not for Ford being forced into action.   I get that he had a rough time with covid over the summer, but man… We desperately need for him to figure out how to play LT again. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.