Bills at Saints - Give Thanks for a win in this Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

Certainly the defense didn’t stop Taylor. But had the offense sustained some drives, the defense would not have been on the field all game.  

Yep, the offense and special teams (and the weather) did the defensive no favors that game. I bet If rematch in the playoffs it will be a much different game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just remembered that in today's Fox pregame show, before the Lions/Bears game, both Terry Bradshaw and one of the other dingbats predicted that NO would win by 3. So this notion that everyone just knew this would be a Bills win is BS.  Oh and all the Fox "experts" picked the Cowboys to win.

• Like (+1) 6

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The first INT was on Allen for getting greedy. The 2nd INT his arm was hit and the LB made a spectacular catch.  The play should have never happened as we had a stupid penalty the play before taking n Allen TD pass off the board.

Some Bills fans seem ignorant about how well Allen played tonight given the often almost instantaneous pressure up the middle & around the end.  Very few QB's in the league could do what Allen did tonight.

I was at the game. The pressure Allen was under was crazy.  Also wasn’t able to see the illegal man downfield on the TD that got called back but the play live was epic. Mafia was in full force tonight. Great experience!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I just remembered that in today's Fox pregame show, before the Lions/Bears game, both Terry Bradshaw and one of the other dingbats predicted that NO would win by 3. So this notion that everyone just knew this would be a Bills win is BS.  Oh and all the Fox "experts" picked the Cowboys to win.

Yep , they did.  interestingly Jimmy Johnson said Bills by 10. 

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That crap goes both ways; the kool aid drinkers disappear when we get killed, too.

I can only speak for myself, but I disappear maybe a day or two sometimes.  Mostly because I am negative and dont want to contribute to it.  Sometimes just because I dont want to keep reading crap and then face infractions when I get pissy haha.

There is kind of a difference when there are some obvious trolls that feast off Bills losses and only show when things are rough IMO.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Despite a big score, I think the Bills left points on the board in the first half.   
Pass rush is weak, a better QB picks the D apart.

I will enjoy this, but obviously NE coming up is the inflection point.  It is at home on National  TV.   No bigger game since AFCCG last year.

Do or die

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Very weird game from Josh. I am still trying to process the first half. It wasn’t really the interceptions. It was more of the hesitancy and seeming confusion. That surprised me, because the saints, I think, mostly played a lot of man.

Will be curious to hear the experts’ take on it. 

I mean he was 23/28.  Cant ask for much more than that.  He made like 2 mistakes.  1 int on the Diggs throw which was a communication error.  On one of his scramble runs he got a first down but he had Knox wide open running down the field for an easy TD.  I thought Josh looked good considering he didnt really try to force it downfield which you know goes against everything he wants to do.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not certain that we truly learned anything tonight. The Saints are so decimated by injuries that we were essentially playing a lot of backups. 

Name all the defensive starters out today.  Are we supposed to learn something or just enjoy a football game?

Defense and field position 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not on defense they didn't. The offense's performance tonight was legitimate. This is what we look like when we actually attempt to run the ball and put Breida on the field.

It was average if we are being real. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not certain that we truly learned anything tonight. The Saints are so decimated by injuries that we were essentially playing a lot of backups. 

This was never going to be that game.  

This was a “get a win and get back Brown, Feliciano and Star” game.  

Obviously losing Tre puts a wrench in that plan. 

…although I still think the key to how far this team goes is on Offense and with Allen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.