Bills at Saints - Give Thanks for a win in this Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

That crap goes both ways; the kool aid drinkers disappear when we get killed, too.

No they don't.  They get drowned out...and just because fans don't want to fire the coach and trade the QB doesn't make them koolaid drinkers.  When the Bills suck we admit it.  We're not blind to their flaws.  It's one week at a time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. I jumped into the GDT for 2 minutes and it was astounding, the number of new posters that I've never seen before posting that we should "shop JA for draft picks."

What in the ever-loving hell.

Watching certain members of our fan base become instantly spoiled after 1.5 seasons as a contender is incredible.  I'm honestly like a little kid after every Bills win.  

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Watching certain members of our fan base become instantly spoiled after 1.5 seasons as a contender is astounding.  I'm honestly like a little kid after every Bills win.

Yeah it's absurd. I don't get as nervous as I did last year, because I guess I just expect us to win most weeks now, but I'm like you. As a life-long Bills fan that had literally, until I was a grown man, married with children, hadn't seen my team make the playoffs since I was nine, every win is still a big deal to me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

No they don't.  They get drowned out...and just because fans don't want to fire the coach and trade the QB doesn't make them koolaid drinkers.  When the Bills suck we admit it.  We're not blind to their flaws.  It's one week at a time.

You're being nice. Anyone that says "fire the coach" and "trade the franchise QB" during a 31 - 6 blowout is a wack job. A total numb nuts when it comes to football. Ignorance at this level has to be trolling or drunkenness or both.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Check out Ike Boettger on the Breida TD.  He had some rough moments in pass protection but he put 6 points on the board pretty much by himself there.

Dude blocked all three guys on that TD run. That was amazing!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

By the numbers the run game was crud but while I was watching the game I thought it looked like a nice "keep the defense honest" attempt at running the ball.  Breida seems a much better option than Moss and Singletary while not being a track star is shifty as hell.  There were 2 and 3 yard runs where he should have been dropped 2 yards in the backfield.  I definitely felt like it helped set up play action later on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Exactly. Week to week league, especially this season. There are no perfect teams. Just a matter of being better that day. Any division leader in the NFL right now is capable of losing in the first round of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of his 5 incompletions, 2 were INT's, and 2 were throwaways under pressure. I think the only pass that hit the ground that he tried to complete was the 3rd and inches intended for Diggs.

BTW - why were we throwing on 3rd and inches?  - and - 

why did McD call a timeout after failing to draw them Offside instead of just taking the 5 year delay of game (we were at around midfield)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

So Allen is 2-0 on Turkey Day.

Good game, 4tds and the % was great, 2 ints though. He's been handing out ints like candy lately.

The first INT was on Allen for getting greedy. The 2nd INT his arm was hit and the LB made a spectacular catch.  The play should have never happened as we had a stupid penalty the play before taking n Allen TD pass off the board.

Some Bills fans seem ignorant about how well Allen played tonight given the often almost instantaneous pressure up the middle & around the end.  Very few QB's in the league could do what Allen did tonight.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Of his 5 incompletions, 2 were INT's, and 2 were throwaways under pressure. I think the only pass that hit the ground that he tried to complete was the 3rd and inches intended for Diggs.

BTW - why were we throwing on 3rd and inches?  - and - 

why did McD call a timeout after failing to draw them Offside instead of just taking the 5 year delay of game (we were at around midfield)

Man,  5 year penalty would suck 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.