Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

We need a thread on options. I'm woefully uninformed about who we have on our practice squad and how good our depth is.  

Has Dane Jackson been good when he has filled in?  

Why is Quinton Dunbar not playing for any other team now? I keep hearing his name come up as a potential signing.

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I recall after the Colts game reading on here that someone thought Tre was overrated. And that comment got at least five or six thumbs up or agree emojis. Those posters are about to see how overrated he isn’t. Obviously a terrible thing to happen to him and to the defense, but let’s hope that this just makes them stronger by unifying them. There’s not gonna be any shut down corner out there. That defensive line needs to get to the quarterback and they need to create pressure to make it easier on the cornerbacks and safeties to make plays.

Yup.  Wallace or Jackson lining up against #1 WRs will be telling.  That’s gonna hurt. 

Huge blow.

Terrible for Tre, he is such a great guy. I’m glad he got his contract and love he is likely a Bill for life.

But…

How many people at the beginning of the year said, “The Bills can win the super bowl because of how well Tre White plays” ? 

None.

We will miss Tre. His ability, his fire and his personality more than we can probably measure. But this team will live and die by Josh All-in and the offense. We’re just going to have to score more now than we thought. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

We will see just how good of a secondary coach and defensive coach McD is. This team has been very fortunate with injuries in the secondary since 2017. Only EJ Gaines missed a lot of time in the secondary now with White out we will see how well McD can scheme around a major injury.

Agree. But if there is a system and team that can absorb this it's us. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I've got to be a little critical of Brandon Beane here. He went into the season with little CB depth. This one is going to sting.

Nothing new. It's every single year under McDermott. This year, it finally catches up to him. We'll see how well he can coach up scrub DBs here; that's all he chooses to keep for depth year in and year out.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Quinton Dunbar is the name going around.

I've seen it. Don't know if I agree. Seems like no one (including Buffalo) even has extended a PS spot to him. I would suspect Buffalo to look for a guy (if going outside our own PS) that has been at least practicing and would be in theory game ready.

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Huge blow.

Terrible for Tre, he is such a great guy. I’m glad he got his contract and love he is likely a Bill for life.

But…

How many people at the beginning of the year said, “The Bills can win the super bowl because of how well Tre White plays” ? 

None.

We will miss Tre. His ability, his fire and his personality more than we can probably measure. But this team will love and die by Josh All-in and the offense. We’re just going to have to score more now than we thought. 

You’re not wrong. 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Huge blow.

But…

None.

We will miss Tre. His ability, his fire and his personality more than we can probably measure. But this team will live and die by Josh All-in and the offense. We’re just going to have to score more now than we thought. 

I'd have have said we need three guys to stay healthy - Allen, White and Diggs. 

I have expressed many times on this forum my view that we might just be 1 elite player short to be a Championship team. We have those three (most SB teams have 4 or 5) and we can't afford to be without any of them to win a Superbowl IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This is not great. Feel bad for Tre, in addition to this year who knows when he will be back to his normal self. 

Unfortunately, time marches on and we have big shoes to fill. Unfortunatly there is no way to replace what White brings in a 1:1 swap. Glanced at the practice squad lists and it's not a great list of replacements. I've broken a few names up into tiers. Next man up is our players in the PS. 

"Next man up" tier:

Nick McCloud

Josh Thomas

"Players with Bills Ties" tier:

Lafayette Pitts-Atlanta

Kevon Seymour-Balt

Nickell Robey-Detroit

"I've Heard of them" tier:

Darqueze Dennard-Colts

Brian Poole-Colts

Joshua Jackson-Chiefs

In addition I've seen someone suggest kicking the tires on EJ Gaines.

Better hope McD and Frazier are as good at scheming a way to make up for the loss.

Josh Thomas is a safety.

12 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Am i the only one that likes Lewis more than Jackson? 

Lewis is a slot corner.

No need to fear all they have to do is move Isaiah McKenzie over to the defense to help the secondary out since he has experience playing there.

In all seriousness there will be an adjustment period but be thankful for Hyde and Poyer. Good news is minus the Bucs there isn’t much of a huge threat from the receiver position in the up coming games. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Get well soon Tre. As for the Bills..... with one thing and another it just hasn't been our year 😔

I fear the FO shares your passivity.  It was there for the taking this year - you make your own luck.  They had everything perfectly set up and just a bit more proactive foresight would’ve increased their margin for error and would’ve left them less exposed in this situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Nothing new. It's every single year under McDermott. This year, it finally catches up to him. We'll see how well he can coach up scrub DBs here; that's all he chooses to keep for depth year in and year out.

I love how people think the cap applies to everyone but the Bills. Let me guess, you would’ve also like him to bring in some all-pro guards, some tackle depth, a surefire pass rusher, a monster run killing DT, and now elite corner depth instead of the “scrubs.”

Sounds completely reasonable, not sure how these mediocre coaches and gms keep jobs around here with guys like you around. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.