Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The coaching staff seems to be pretty high on Jaquan Johnson at S… we’ve just never really seen him play because of Poyer and Hyde. AJ Klein is definitely a good 3rd LB. 

I don’t know what you’re looking for depth wise. Name another team in the NFL that has the starting caliber  safeties and linebackers we have? Of course there is going to be a drop off from Hyde and Poyer who are both arguably playing at an All-Pro level. Of course there is a drop off from White who is an All-Pro. Of course our other LB can’t cover like Milano and Edmunds. 

It’s because those guys listed are some of the best in the league at what they do… 

Again, my issues aren’t with starters.  I’m very happy with them.  Better depth players would not have been expensive and should’ve been acquired.

Klein is limited and massively overpaid.  He is not good in coverage and he’s not good against the run.  About the only thing I want to see him do is rush the passer - and we have plenty of those players already.  If you don’t believe me, then believe McD.  There is a reason that even against offenses trotting out run packages they have been playing nickel and keeping Johnson on the field and Klein on the bench. 

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

His words were "Yet again, this is all on Beane" which sort of implies he's made a LOT of ***** ups. The guy has made mistakes like any GM, but he's also pulled this team out of the sewer. 

Okay, but I’d say there’s a difference between being frustrated by multiple mistakes and calling a guy trash and calling for his job.  No one expects Beane and McDermott to be perfect.  I think most of us are thankful that they’ve turned this team around - and they’ve gotten a lot of love for that already.  But they should be accountable for their mistakes too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Okay, but I’d say there’s a difference between being frustrated by multiple mistakes and calling a guy trash and calling for his job.  No one expects Beane and McDermott to be perfect.  I think most of us are thankful that they’ve turned this team around - and they’ve gotten a lot of love for that already.  But they should be accountable for their mistakes too.

That's a complex thought. I'll allow it, but watching you . . . 

• Like (+1) 1

I have a reliable source that says Vontae Davis is available.

Get er done Brandon

I'm kidding ... just kidding

well I'm NOT kidding about Davis' availability, but I AM kidding about wanting the Bills to waste a dime on the phone call to him

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Again, my issues aren’t with starters.  I’m very happy with them.  Better depth players would not have been expensive and should’ve been acquired.

Klein is limited and massively overpaid.  He is not good in coverage and he’s not good against the run.  About the only thing I want to see him do is rush the passer - and we have plenty of those players already.  If you don’t believe me, then believe McD.  There is a reason that even against offenses trotting out run packages they have been playing nickel and keeping Johnson on the field and Klein on the bench. 

Who are these better depth players that could’ve been acquired that you’re referring to? 

Johnson is out there because he’s one of our best players - that’s not a negative towards Klein. Klein is our 3rd LB. He’s depth… sorry he’s being used as depth instead of playing over Taron Johnson? Taron is fantastic in run support and gives you flexibility to defend the pass. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billever76 said:

You know tre hasnt allowed a td all year right?

How did he do against Titans and Colts? How did the Bucs beat Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl, were their cornerbacks better than Tre? We are blowing this Tre injury way out of proportion. Dane Jackson will fill in nicely for him. Not worried at all.

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hate losing White but the greatest advantage of being a zone coverage defense is that you can get by with less natural ability at the corner positions.

They could still win a SB with this secondary.   Worse have done so.    But they need the DL to improve........better pass rush and more consistent run D.

And more importantly they need the offense to start executing with precision.   That first half was again very sloppy.   And the OL is still letting a free rusher come thru far too often.   

Except they have been playing a lot more man the past 2 years...

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Who are these better depth players that could’ve been acquired that you’re referring to? 

Johnson is out there because he’s one of our best players - that’s not a negative towards Klein. Klein is our 3rd LB. He’s depth… sorry he’s being used as depth instead of playing over Taron Johnson? Taron is fantastic in run support and gives you flexibility to defend the pass. 

I agree on Johnson and I advocated for extending him before that happened.  My point on Klein was that he’s expensive but not very good depth.  He also limits our ability to put a 3rd LB on the field when teams are loading up an running the ball.  I have covered some of the possible depth additions in the past.  I’m. It going to do that again.  Do your own homework.  Just look at free agency signings this past off-season and you can see that good depth was not that expensive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.