Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Nope. I'm actually going to double down. This Bills defense will actually get better if or when Tre is out the rest of the year. Tre wasn't exaclty playing lights out against the Titans & Colts when  they scored a lot of points on us.

You know tre hasnt allowed a td all year right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This team drafted 3 DEs with their 3 earliest picks over the last two years.  They could have drafted a CB, something most Bills fans wanted.

And have him not dress every game? A rookie CB wasn't going to play over white, wallace and johnson. Our CB depth is fine. The 5th and 6th CB's on the team were never going to be big names or good. Well, actually we don't know that, maybe Dane Jackson or Cam Lewis will prove to be just fine as a #2 CB. But literally no team out there has 2 legit #1 CB's and if they do they most certainly don't have a starting duo of safeties like the Bills have or an elite nickel corner. You can't have everything. There is a salary cap. 

45 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

This team drafted 3 DEs with their 3 earliest picks over the last two years.  They could have drafted a CB, something most Bills fans wanted.

Do you know how many posts people have put up in the last 3 years about how Beane is not addressing the trenches, run D and/or pass rush? 

You only get so many at bats. The Bills have the best secondary in football. Wasting high picks on corners would have made no sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This Defense with Tre got smoked by Tennessee and Indianapolis.   

Last night just showed us what we already know..  if you have an average/below average Offense, you will get mowed down by this Defense. 

Maybe without Tre teams just light us up through the air, I don’t know.. but what I do know is that when our Defense struggles, it’s because good, balanced Offenses are able to run on us.  

Umm...Wentz was 11/20 for 106 yards. The pass wasn't an issue against the Colts

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I wasn’t asserting that the Saints offense was a juggernaut? That’s was just unnecessary fluff lol

You’re missing the point. The concern was that we would be in a difficult position in a game if one of CB went down because having 4 CBs active is playing with fire.

You’re asking for a 4th CB  (I’m assuming boundary CB because Taron is strictly nickel) who isn’t a total liability… the reality is that guy doesn’t play unless someone gets hurt.

It’s whether you believe keeping that guy on the active roster is worth it as compared to another position. That same caliber 4th boundary CB that we’d be keeping on the active roster is going to come off a practice squad or FA. 

You seem to be conflating the words depth and talent… it seems like you’re more worried about upgrading Dane Jackson or Levi  Wallace than you are about adding another solid CB? 

CB depth is my primary concern.  Or rather coverage depth in general.  If there was some depth at S or even LB that could help in coverage, it would help.  But we have 2 of each that I want to see defending the pass.

I think there might be some disagreement on Jackson.  I’m not comfortable with him as a starter, which is the likely scenario now.  I hope he steps up.  There were CBs getting low level contracts that were close to Wallace’s level of play.  One of those plus another safety that could start and not be a liability is what I wanted.  Neal is not that guy.  Add in a LB who is good in coverage and I would’ve been very content.  All of that wouldn’t have been expensive. 

It wasn’t just a lack of depth at CB that was the issue.  We have no safety depth and no depth at LB.  Heck we don’t even have a decent 3rd LB.  It was easy to see how any injury to any one of our top 3 CBs, top 2 LBs or top 2 safeties was going to really hurt this team.  A second injury would be very damaging.  But hey, we have like a 12 man rotation on the DL. 

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And have him not dress every game? A rookie CB wasn't going to play over white, wallace and johnson. Our CB depth is fine. The 5th and 6th CB's on the team were never going to be big names or good. Well, actually we don't know that, maybe Dane Jackson or Cam Lewis will prove to be just fine as a #2 CB. But literally no team out there has 2 legit #1 CB's and if they do they most certainly don't have a starting duo of safeties like the Bills have or an elite nickel corner. You can't have everything. There is a salary cap. 

Is there a rookie CB taken after Basham who is starting and doing well?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

CB depth is my primary concern.  Or rather coverage depth in general.  If there was some depth at S or even LB that could help in coverage, it would help.  But we have 2 of each that I want to see defending the pass.

I think there might be some disagreement on Jackson.  I’m not comfortable with him as a starter, which is the likely scenario now.  I hope he steps up.  There were CBs getting low level contracts that were close to Wallace’s level of play.  One of those plus another safety that could start and not be a liability is what I wanted.  Neal is not that guy.  Add in a LB who is good in coverage and I would’ve been very content.  All of that wouldn’t have been expensive. 

It wasn’t just a lack of depth at CB that was the issue.  We have no safety depth and no depth at LB.  Heck we don’t even have a decent 3rd LB.  It was easy to see how any injury to any one of our top 3 CBs, top 2 LBs or top 2 safeties was going to really hurt this team.  A second injury would be very damaging.  But hey, we have like a 12 man rotation on the DL. 

The coaching staff seems to be pretty high on Jaquan Johnson at S… we’ve just never really seen him play because of Poyer and Hyde. AJ Klein is definitely a good 3rd LB. 

I don’t know what you’re looking for depth wise. Name another team in the NFL that has the starting caliber  safeties and linebackers we have? Of course there is going to be a drop off from Hyde and Poyer who are both arguably playing at an All-Pro level. Of course there is a drop off from White who is an All-Pro. Of course our other LB can’t cover like Milano and Edmunds. 

It’s because those guys listed are some of the best in the league at what they do… 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Basham and Espensa have both been inactive this year, lol

This team should not be relying on Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis.

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What about Quinton Dunbar? He had a couple decent years with Washington and I'm pretty sure we had him in for a workout earlier this year.

Didn't he walk out of camp this year for personal reasons?

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Basham and Espensa have both been inactive this year, lol

This team should not be relying on Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis.

Exactly so what is the difference? It sounds like you just want a warm body on the roster but not someone that will actually play. Well, now we can go out and get that warm body. They still won't play over Dane Jackson in all likely hood. So where is the harm? Where is the foul by Beane here?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Yes, because people saying that Beane made a mistake (including some of us that s pointed out this exact issue in the off-season) is the same thing as us calling for his firing or saying he’s terrible at his job.  Such weak sauce here. 

His words were "Yet again, this is all on Beane" which sort of implies he's made a LOT of ***** ups. The guy has made mistakes like any GM, but he's also pulled this team out of the sewer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hate losing White but the greatest advantage of being a zone coverage defense is that you can get by with less natural ability at the corner positions.

They could still win a SB with this secondary.   Worse have done so.    But they need the DL to improve........better pass rush and more consistent run D.

And more importantly they need the offense to start executing with precision.   That first half was again very sloppy.   And the OL is still letting a free rusher come thru far too often.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.