Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Started looking at some veteran FA corners last night just to see what’s out there. This is going to suck but you can’t just throw away the whole season. Levi is pretty solid. I personally would take my chances moving Taron Johnson outside for the rest of the season. We already know he’s good and I can’t imagine finding anyone better at this stage of the season. I’d play Levi and Johnson on the outside and use Neal in the slot. There are a few guys you can sign that have been decent in the past but nobody overly impressive. Obviously still hope for the best with Tre but you can’t just say the season is over. There are still a lot of really good players on this defense. Certainly more then most if not all of the other AFC teams.

I see your logic but I disagree.  I do think Taron Johnson is probably the player on the roster most capable of filling Tre's shoes but you're still getting 70% of the perimeter CB while suddenly vacating the Nickel CB slot where Taron excels and replacing him with a 70% as good product, creating two problems rather than the one.  

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

People talking about corners that need to step up, but this DL needs to show they can take over games.   They are the main thing that can help minimize the loss of Tre.  

If Bryant and/or Ankou impressed, keep them active along with Star, so we can make sure teams aren’t able to get 5+ yards per run.  Keeps teams in longer passing downs and allows us to keep safeties out of the box.  Then hope Ed Oliver continues his emergence, because Colts game aside, he’s been dominating.  

The DL has already shown what they can do: pressure the QB a good amount of the time.   They're not going to suddenly get better and "take  over games" because Tre's out.  

Statistically, we've had the 2nd best D in the league.  Without Tre, it'll get somewhat worse but it won't become bad.  

Let's hope it's good enough we still win ball games.  The O has to get more consistent.  

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

The DL has already shown what they can do: pressure the QB a good amount of the time.   They're not going to suddenly get better and "take  over games" because Tre's out.  

Statistically, we've had the 2nd best D in the league.  Without Tre, it'll get somewhat worse but it won't become bad.  

Let's hope it's good enough we still win ball games.  The O has to get more consistent.  

Agree on all points. The Tre loss will be enormous for this team… but what scares me more than not having him on the field is that we’re one more CB injury away from panic button. CB depth is an issue for us. Now we’re one down, and unfortunately that one is probably our most significant loss on D. 

Moving taron outside isnt really an option imo...we would be left with a big hole at nickel corner. And not only that but taron is one of our best blitzers, thats gone if you move him outside. Were going to have to roll with what we have and its a massive loss

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Just from watching it. He walked off. I’m no doctor but didn’t look too bad. 

Walking after is not a significant sign.  In my younger days I fought full contact taekwondo.  My roommate and I were both fighting and he walked up to me at a tournament after an early bout and said he was done.  He looked fine and was walking fine.  I thought he lost his first match (which would’ve been a surprise).  He’s just said “no, my knee.”   Completely torn ACL.  No pain at all afterward, just when it tore.  He showed me how loose it was, so it was obvious something was really wrong with it.

So while I am hoping for the best for Tre, a complete ACL tear looks like the  likely situation.  I hope that it’s not worse than that (additional damage).  If that is what it is, then best wishes for him to be fully recovered by week 1 next season.  Other than Allen, Tre is probably tied with Diggs as the second most important player on this team.  This sucks and it’s going to hurt. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has the team said anything?  Typically reports around ACL tears are “team fears….”, they usually know when they test it, and the MRI ends up being confirmation. 

Right, I thought we would know by now. 

19 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Agree on all points. The Tre loss will be enormous for this team… but what scares me more than not having him on the field is that we’re one more CB injury away from panic button. CB depth is an issue for us. Now we’re one down, and unfortunately that one is probably our most significant loss on D. 

You’re correct, but I feel like maybe we should be hitting that panic button right now. The depth of players who can cover is pretty nonexistent.  Coming in we had Milano and Edmunds at LB, Poyer and Hyde at safety and Tre, Wallace and Johnson at CB.

I am not a Neal fan.  He might be next man up, but I think that will be a problem.  The other options are Jackson and then Lewis.  Or a signing.  Of those I think Jackson might be the best option so that Johnson can stay in the slot.  Otherwise it’s Johnson moving outside and Neal as a third safety with one of our three safeties taking the slot WR.  Ugh.  I don’t love shuffling multiple players around. 

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The Bills have been playing with fire for years with no CB depth.  They have been incredibly lucky, but yet again, this is all on Beane.

What in the hell are you talking about.  Jackson then Lewis.  I’m sorry they don’t have another AllPro lined up.  No team does.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I know that injuries are random and can happen to anybody -- hell just ask any Saints fan.  But man, we knew CB depth was a problem for years and just didn't address it.  I love Beane, but this seems like a roster management error.

How many problems can he address? This team was in utter shambles 4 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yes, the man is just terrible isn't he. Someone fire him and bring back Buddy Nix 

Yes, because people saying that Beane made a mistake (including some of us that s pointed out this exact issue in the off-season) is the same thing as us calling for his firing or saying he’s terrible at his job.  Such weak sauce here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

What in the hell are you talking about.  Jackson then Lewis.  I’m sorry they don’t have another AllPro lined up.  No team does.

Yea, I’m not going to get on Beane for CB depth like I have our OL situation.

For one, most teams that have a top flight corner, don’t have another one out there with him…. We actually do, in case people forgot, he just plays in the slot.  

The second point, we’re a heavy zone team.. that minimizes the need for elite shut down corners on the field.   

While not ideal, I do believe that if there’s any position McDermott/Frazier can scheme competent play from… it’s in the secondary (especially with Hyde/Poyer back there).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.