Lil Dirty - Benched (update - He’s back and better than ever)

YoloinOhio

That's good Hyde talked about Isiah, isiah's tweet from before the game had me wondering if it was a Spain situation again "out for season" tweet. Thinking/hoping just an over reaction of being benched. I'd like to keep McKenzie for wr depth.

Edited by Wyobills89

4 hours ago, Process said:

He's not hurt. Probably just frustrated. O well he really doesn't offer anything. Let's see what Stevenson can do.

Really love the decisions to bench Moss Butler and McKenzie. McDermott hopefully sending a message that sucking *** won't be acceptable.

I liked him as a backup to Beasley in the slot.  Had moments as a returner.

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yea and it's probably going to be next game.   

For the team at the very least today messages were sent - I don't think I've seen Singletary run like that since his rookie year.  The D line was all fired up.  

I'm as big a Stevenson guy as there is and I don't think there is anything special about McKenzie that says he should be active every game.  But Stevenson didn't take the job tonight but he was great considering the circumstances and his first game.  I think this was a great get your feet wet spot for him that he'll never forget now go back to McKenzie.

You got the rookie some PT, sent messages to everyone, but especially the guys that needed it.  Now you show trust and go back to him.  The player will respect that.  And Stevenson will be just fine.

That's good coaching.  

As for Butler, send him to the sun for all I care.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

I love this place. Everyone screaming for McD to shake things up, he does, and people are crying “OMG NOT THAT GUY BENCH THE OTHER GUY”. Give me a break. Who the hell is he going to bench instead?? We’ve got zero O-line depth, little RB depth and Diggs, Bease, Sanders, Davis are locks. So who should have been realistically benched instead?

He made the right move. He recognizes we need more speed on the field, that’s Stevenson and Brieda. McKittrick wasn’t benched for one fumble he was benched for multiple near misses and bad decisions. The fumble was just the cherry on top and opened the door for Stevenson to see what he can do before the playoffs (hopefully).

I swear it’s like people haven’t considered the possibility that Stevenson may have won that return job if he didn’t get IR’d. Not to mention the kid had a decent preseason catching passes Fromm Mr Khakis. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I swear it’s like people haven’t considered the possibility that Stevenson may have won that return job if he didn’t get IR’d. Not to mention the kid had a decent preseason catching passes Fromm Mr Khakis. 

I've considered it.  From what I saw, and from what local press who see practices reported, McKenzie won the job over Breida and Stevenson.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with McDermott benching lil' Dirty today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Inactive or active? He made me nervous a little but I think he showed a lot of heart and fire out there. Seems excited to get his shot. I like it. 

He's a rookie. He gets a little pass. Fortunately he quickly recovered his fumble and made a few yards out of it. McKenzie is no rookie and has no excuse. I'd give Stevenson a few more games to see what you have.  I'm sure McKittrick will be back.

42 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And numerous other muffs and general bad punt returning habits.

You're not the only one who has expressed this opinion, and I have the same question for you as for others

Can you provide specifics of this?  In which games and roughly when did these "numerous other muffs" occur?

What are these "general bad punt returning habits"?

Thanks for your specifics.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've considered it.  From what I saw, and from what local press who see practices reported, McKenzie won the job over Breida and Stevenson.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with McDermott benching lil' Dirty today.

Breida definitely wasn’t in contention by the end of preseason. Stevenson showed solid vision and speed. I have to wonder how close that competition was. I think that it’s possible the coaching staff put weight on the known commodity. They’re both electric in different ways…. 🤞🏼 that Stevenson ends up 1) staying healthy, 2) developing his route running enough to be a viable weapon going forward, and 3) adds some energy to teams while being reliable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.