Carson Palmer concerned?

Thriftygamer83

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Anybody else feeling that this isn't just a small shot in the dark anymore?  USC wants to re-invent itself.  With a buy out offer, contract sheet, and to woo away talent with head coaching pedigree.  Folks can tell me a million times but it's like a Parker novel for me.... until, it happens we cannot rule anything out.

Concerned that Devin Brown de-committed? Nothing new with USC losing in-state recruits 

1 hour ago, Vertig0 said:

Exactly. And no offense to Palmer, but he's talking like he's the GOAT. Sorry Carson, but what the ***** did you ever accomplish in your general let down of a journeyman career... 

gee, guess what he said mattered when he turned Josh’s mechanics around from a 50% completion rate to.65%.  Now just cuz he gives an expert, critical opinion of his student , he is a POS, and his evaluation means nothing. That pass to knox was a uncatchable bullet in the rain and I guess a previous pro qb , who I am betting has achieved more than you in pro football, probably played in conditions like that more often than you have in thE NFL , has a little more credibility regardless of his own teams career for an underachieving franchise. Funny how many guys seek his counsel and guidance now, but once someone critiques Josh, all past credibility is lost!? Typical fan boy stuff, it’s true when you praise our QB, but any legit critique and your opinion means nothing , even tho Josh still places great value on that experts opinion.  I bet he is still accomplishing getting paid a great deal for his teaching and advice every offseason , not bad for a journeyman!  Sorry tho that I don’t know much about your career as an NFL QB, so if your record is better than Carson’s , I honestly apologize. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

gee, guess what he said mattered when he turned Josh’s mechanics around from a 50% completion rate to.65%.  Now just cuz he gives an expert, critical opinion of his student , he is a POS, and his evaluation means nothing. That pass to knox was a uncatchable bullet in the rain and I guess a previous pro qb , who I am betting has achieved more than you in pro football, probably played in conditions like that more often than you have in thE NFL , has a little more credibility regardless of his own teams career for an underachieving franchise. Funny how many guys seek his counsel and guidance now, but once someone critiques Josh, all past credibility is lost!? Typical fan boy stuff, it’s true when you praise our QB, but any legit critique and your opinion means nothing , even tho Josh still places great value on that experts opinion.  I bet he is still accomplishing getting paid a great deal for his teaching and advice every offseason , not bad for a journeyman!  Sorry tho that I don’t know much about your career as an NFL QB, so if your record is better than Carson’s , I honestly apologize. 

Josh is not Carson Palmer’s student.  Josh has worked with Jordan Palmer.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

gee, guess what he said mattered when he turned Josh’s mechanics around from a 50% completion rate to.65%.  Now just cuz he gives an expert, critical opinion of his student , he is a POS

Dude.  You're mixing up your Palmers

Carson: long time NFL QB for the Bengals and Cardinals (with a Raiders drive by)

Jordan: Josh Allen's QB coach

Video and people discussing what was said: Talking about Carson

You: Talking about Jordan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

#1, as others have said, Josh was tutored by Jordan Palmer, not Carson. So basically everything you've said is wasted. 

#2 I didn't know I had to be a professional athlete in order to formulate my own personal opinions on quarterback play and sports. Guess I better not discuss politics because I'm not a politician. Criticize a movie?! How dare I, I'm not even an actor! 

#3 I appreciate you taking the time to ***** all over me when I, in fact, admitted it was a bad take that I posted because of sour grapes about 5 minutes after my initial response (2 hours before you responded). But hey, why take the time to read the entire thread, let's just go blindly attack someone with a factually inaccurate diatribe for zero reason. 

Sorry to have personally ruined your night Mr. Palmer. 

Edited by Vertig0

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Whoops!😅

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

a russian bot who thinks Philly is in  California and thus McDermott is gonna take the USC job.  

Leave the Russians out of it unless you vant Ivan to pay you a vizit 

Edited by Putin

I think part of the problem is we're now the hunted. Every team uses the Bills as a measuring stick game. The Bills have had one game this season where they felt like the hunters, the Chiefs. 

I'm not in panic mode like a lot of fans are. I said before the Colts game the Bills are a finesse football team. Finesse vs power is not a good match when the power team is fired up trying to prove they're a top team.

We're still finding out about the Bills. Is their success sustainable? McDermott is learning how to handle a football team that knows they're good. Sometimes it's hard to match the opponents energy. 

This is all new to the Bills. We're finding out who they are. They've gone from hunters to the hunted. We get everyone's best game. I'm not concerned yet. It just might be a case of they're better when people doubt them.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The OP is crusading the idea that McDermott has "checked out" and will quit the Bills to take the HC job at USC, complete with wrong information about McDermott having grown up in the USC area vs. reality (where he was actually born and grew up).  He's started 1 or 2 other threads and other posts about it and won't let go.

This time he's trying to sneak it in by titling it "Carson Palmer concerned" and linking the video, in the hopes we won't notice, I guess.

I have never been so confident about anything as I am about the fact that Sean McDermott will not be the next USC coach. 

There is literally a 0.0% chance of it happening.

• Like (+1) 1

Weird. Carson Palmer was on the Dan Patrick (I think) radio show last week, and he was positive about the Bills after their loss to Jacksonville, saying there is nothing to worry about and that all teams have a bad game and there were some injuries. He said (at that time) the Bills were still the favorites in the AFC for the SB. I was going to post this last week, but didn't have time.

Edited by chongli

I remember one "piss missile" where he hit Beasley in the hands with a rocket, about 10 yards downfield, and Beasley couldn't handle it.  Palmer is right that that one was on Josh and not Beasley -- it was way too hard a throw for the situation.  I don't remember that one getting intercepted but I was in depressed oblivion by that time so who knows.

11 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Anybody else feeling that this isn't just a small shot in the dark anymore?  USC wants to re-invent itself.  With a buy out offer, contract sheet, and to woo away talent with head coaching pedigree.  Folks can tell me a million times but it's like a Parker novel for me.... until, it happens we cannot rule anything out.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I gently caress my chest hairs and it usually makes me sleepy.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What a stupid thread. Are you *****in serious😂🤣🤣 Now we’re questioning Josh? WTF is wrong with this fan base? And Carson Palmer lol. Remind me what he did in his career? That’s the last QB I’d ever listen to

When did McD ever get considered or consider the SC job?? I’ve seen no links or rumors backing any of this up. Did this OP pull this out of his ass??

Losers mentality and that’s all Palmer ever was. Had to Whine and B word his way out of Cincinnati. 

Did you actually watch it? Palmer makes some good points, particularly about his short-range throws with super-high velocity. We’re seeing drops because the ball is simply coming in too fast at times; it’s not the fault of the receiver always. Palmer also states emphatically that he loves Allen.

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

On 3rd and 18, Allen should have thrown the ball out of bounds so that the Bills could punt. Cool.

That is not what he said. At all. There were shorter options on that play that would have gotten them into FG range. He didn’t take them and threw it into the teeth of a two-deep zone with a lurking safety. And yes, a punt that nailed them deep would have been better than the INT.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.