Carson Palmer concerned?

Thriftygamer83

Anybody else feeling that this isn't just a small shot in the dark anymore?  USC wants to re-invent itself.  With a buy out offer, contract sheet, and to woo away talent with head coaching pedigree.  Folks can tell me a million times but it's like a Parker novel for me.... until, it happens we cannot rule anything out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

On 3rd and 18, Allen should have thrown the ball out of bounds so that the Bills could punt. Cool.

Exactly. And no offense to Palmer, but he's talking like he's the GOAT. Sorry Carson, but what the ***** did you ever accomplish in your general let down of a journeyman career... 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

On 3rd and 18, Allen should have thrown the ball out of bounds so that the Bills could punt. Cool.

Or check down to a 5 yard gain and then miss the 56 yard FG in the swirling wind giving Indy the ball in better field position then the INT did.  Do these guys even think about what they're saying?

I'm not sure Palmer has seen tape of the INT he's referring to. If he had he would have known that was the design...empty shotgun set and a seven step drop lol. It's either a first down, incomplete, or an INT which is not much worse than a bad punt. The two checkdowns were each run short of the line of scrimmage and would have lost yards most likely.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

Exactly. And no offense to Palmer, but he's talking like he's the GOAT. Sorry Carson, but what the ***** did you ever accomplish in your general let down of a journeyman career... 

Carson Palmer was a top-flight NFL QB.

And he's not talking like the GOAT. What are you talking about? He's talking like an NFL commentator.

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Anybody else feeling that this isn't just a small shot in the dark anymore?  USC wants to re-invent itself.  With a buy out offer, contract sheet, and to woo away talent with head coaching pedigree.  Folks can tell me a million times but it's like a Parker novel for me.... until, it happens we cannot rule anything out.

Hunh? USC? What?

Did you paste the wrong thing or something?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Hunh? USC? What?

Did you paste the wrong thing or something?

The OP is crusading the idea that McDermott has "checked out" and will quit the Bills to take the HC job at USC, complete with wrong information about McDermott having grown up in the USC area vs. reality (where he was actually born and grew up).  He's started 1 or 2 other threads and other posts about it and won't let go.

This time he's trying to sneak it in by titling it "Carson Palmer concerned" and linking the video, in the hopes we won't notice, I guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Vertig0 said:

Do you realize how many great NFL coaches weren't great NFL players??? How many great NFL GMs never played a down in the NFL? So does that automatically make them crap evaluators?

NO.... that argument is lame.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Carson Palmer was a top-flight NFL QB.

And he's not talking like the GOAT. What are you talking about? He's talking like an NFL commentator.

I will give you the GOAT comment, I was more irked that he was shitting on tackling and some of Josh's passes, panic, etc. But you are correct, more of a NFL commentator opinion and me just having sour grapes. 

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Do you realize how many great NFL coaches weren't great NFL players??? How many great NFL GMs never played a down in the NFL? So does that automatically make them crap evaluators?

NO.... that argument is lame.

Yeah, I get it. It was a bad take, see above. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Vertig0 said:

Yeah, I get it. It was a bad take, see above. 

Cool... I know it is frustrating having to see this but we need a kick in the a** really. Maybe if Josh hears more about what he needs to do better from peers, it will help. It won't, however, help the one dimensional offense we have and that is a lot more concerning to me.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The OP is crusading the idea that McDermott has "checked out" and will quit the Bills to take the HC job at USC, complete with wrong information about McDermott having grown up in the USC area vs. reality (where he was actually born and grew up).  He's started 1 or 2 other threads and other posts about it and won't let go.

This time he's trying to sneak it in by titling it "Carson Palmer concerned" and linking the video, in the hopes we won't notice, I guess.

Isn't he from or grew up there at least in Pa near Philly I thought?  Maybe the OP needs a map.

Kind of funny I live in the Carolinas, when anyone area talks about USC it's University of South Carolina.

What a stupid thread. Are you *****in serious😂🤣🤣 Now we’re questioning Josh? WTF is wrong with this fan base? And Carson Palmer lol. Remind me what he did in his career? That’s the last QB I’d ever listen to

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

This OP won’t quit with this. Zero chance McD takes the SC job. 

When did McD ever get considered or consider the SC job?? I’ve seen no links or rumors backing any of this up. Did this OP pull this out of his ass??

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Losers mentality and that’s all Palmer ever was. Had to Whine and B word his way out of Cincinnati. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Carson didn’t say anything out of the ordinary.  It sounds like he doesn’t follow the team as closely as we do.  He was correct in just about everything he said - but he did lack a little context.

I don’t think the issue was as much with tackling as it was with the lack of fits on the DL.  When an OL can easily push the front seven around to the point where the secondary has to make tackles at the second or third levels it’s never good.  Especially against a back like Taylor.

As far as Josh, yes there have been some bad decisions.  But these have been brought on by the situation he’s in - namely an offensive line who struggled to protect, the lack of a running game, and a multiple score deficit on Sunday.  Josh definitely needs to learn to play from behind but given the situations above, it can be ridiculously challenging.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.