Report from the French Quarter

Clark Rotary

Fun trip.  Spent most of the day yesterday at the WW2 museum, which was way better than I had expected. 

Today we had a nice breakfast and took in the parade for the southern classic.  The the voodoo museum, the death museum, some bar hopping, and then we'll head out for supper in a bit. 

Fun city to visit for a weekend, especially considering the W.

Edit: Oh yeah and we took in Rent last night.  I'm really not the target audience for that one lol.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, Einstein said:

Chicago has a high crime rate, but not for tourists. Most of the crime is perpetuated against their own.

New Orleans on the other hand has a high rate of crime for tourists. If you choose to take that risk, so be it. I will not.

FAE18-CFA-B66-B-40-CA-BB06-34853-DAE9-E8

847-DB13-F-17-DB-41-BE-9883-383884-E903-

Re-read what it says. That article was written in 2019. It is talking about how NO has been the most dangerous city SINCE 1994.

I was there for 6 days in January 2020. Walked from one end of Bourbon Street to the other on multiple nights.

Not. One. Problem.

And this was during the National Championship Game (Clemson vs. LSU). 

If I would have listened to you, my wife and I would have to be locked up in our hotel the entire time we were there. 

I think the 64 oz Hurricane I bought for $10 was more dangerous than the "actual" danger.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I was there for 6 days in January 2020. Walked from one end of Bourbon Street to the other on multiple nights.

Not. One. Problem.

If I would have listened to you, my wife and I would have to be locked up in our hotel the entire time we were there. 

I think the 64 oz Hurricane I bought for $10 was more dangerous than the "actual" danger.

Some people smoke 2 packs a day their entire life and live until their 90.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Not. One. Problem.

5iT2KF.md.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

NO is objectively horrible. Verifiable. Statistical.

What a strange hill to chose. I don’t get it, but I’m sure you have your reasons. 

Every city has pros and cons. They can both be extreme. Great night life may be offset by a higher crime rate for some. In almost all cases, if you use your brain and avoid obvious dangers, you’ll be just fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Some people smoke 2 packs a day their entire life and live until their 90.

I've been out on Bourbon Street a number of times now without personal incident.........but once when I was there for business 5-6 years ago a guy that I know and don't care for got rolled leaving Bourbon Street and ended up being brought back to his hotel by police wearing only his underwear.    You definitely want to stay in a decent sized group at least.  The violence has been more by accident in my experience.......my wife bumped heads with another woman when they were intoxicated .......one of those "oh you dropped that let me help you" moments.........and that woman had an enormous black eye at the business function we were at the next day. :lol:   Why companies/industries think they can have productive business gatherings in New Orleans I don't know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.