Aaron Rodgers feet

Dablitzkrieg

The guy was joking clearly but because he thinks for himself he’s now become a media villain. If you actually watch his interviews with McAfee he’s insightful and very intelligent. His humor is dry which if course today is a no no. You must be whiny and pander to all the national narratives to have any sort of respect.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

The guy was joking clearly but because he thinks for himself he’s now become a media villain. If you actually watch his interviews with McAfee he’s insightful and very intelligent. His humor is dry which if course today is a no no. You must be whiny and pander to all the national narratives to have any sort of respect.

Lol “thinks for himself.”  He called out the wrong reporter for spreading “disinformation” about him. Making dumb and incorrect decisions in the face of empirical evidence does not warrant praise although in today’s society it appears to be a badge of honor. 

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

Have you watched the interview or are you just parroting media lines?

Anyway, he didn't lie to his team and the NFL, which is what matters, got fined for other stuff, so now, it's about toe(s)

He should have painted his toenails just to mess with Rex Ryan (arrggghhh, I just made myself throw up)

That pic reminds of me of the old men in gym locker rooms, using the air dryer to dry their balls for all to see ha ha

We live in an era that Tom Brady has become more likeable the longer he plays (and not in New England) and Aaron Rodgers becomes an unlikable dip nozzle the longer he plays.

Now I get why his own family doesn't talk to him anymore.  Happy Thanksgiving, Aaron.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

LOL "because he thinks for himself".  No, because he lied to the media and fans, then made excuses about how he "had" to do so out of fear for being "cancelled"

Know what happened when Josh Allen said he was going to keep medical information private and team conversations in house?  -------> Nothing

Know what happened when Joe Flacco said "I'm not vaccinated, I have reasons, and I'm not going to discuss them to avoid creating controversy"?  ----> Nothing

Know what happened when Jordan Poyer said "I'm not going to answer questions about vaccination, If you have football questions I'll be happy to discuss them"? ----> Nothing.

No whines, no pandering from them. Complete respect from media and fans.  Oh, probably someone wrote a critical op-ed or a couple negative tweets, but that happens to everyone about everything now a days.   The fact is, no mob bearing pitchforks appeared to shred these guys. 

A week before the vaccine stuff broke, Rodgers was on McAffee's show holding forth about how he is "above"  "woke mobs" who will "cancel" anyone who disagrees with any aspect of their belief.  Next week, he's on the show whining about how he had to pander to those same "woke mobs" (that he said he was above) because they would shred him as an excuse for lying to the press about his vaccination status. 

Pick one, Rodgers: either you're "above them"  and don't care, or you live in fear of the media and pander to them in your behavior, then whine about it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

He's had that covered for 2 seasons now...

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL "because he thinks for himself".  No, because he lied to the media and fans, then made excuses about how he "had" to do so out of fear for being "cancelled"

Know what happened when Josh Allen said he was going to keep medical information private and team conversations in house?  -------> Nothing

Know what happened when Joe Flacco said "I'm not vaccinated, I have reasons, and I'm not going to discuss them to avoid creating controversy"?  ----> Nothing

Know what happened when Jordan Poyer said "I'm not going to answer questions about vaccination, If you have football questions I'll be happy to discuss them"? ----> Nothing.

No whines, no pandering from them. Complete respect from media and fans.  Oh, probably someone wrote a critical op-ed or a couple negative tweets, but that happens to everyone about everything now a days.   The fact is, no mob bearing pitchforks appeared to shred these guys. 

A week before the vaccine stuff broke, Rodgers was on McAffee's show holding forth about how he is "above"  "woke mobs" who will "cancel" anyone who disagrees with any aspect of their belief.  Next week, he's on the show whining about how he had to pander to those same "woke mobs" (that he said he was above) because they would shred him as an excuse for lying to the press about his vaccination status. 

Pick one, Rodgers: either you're "above them"  and don't care, or you live in fear of the media and pander to them in your behavior, then whine about it.

No.

if Flacco was good or Josh caught COVID, they would be getting murdered for their vaccination status. Not sure if you saw the Star thread.

That’s just ignorant.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

No.

if Flacco was good or Josh caught COVID, they would be getting murdered for their vaccination status. Not sure if you saw the Star thread.

That’s just ignorant.

I don't disagree with you that there would be criticism of vaccination status if Josh caught covid and turned out to be unvaccinated, but you're shifting the premise.

Rodger's claim is that he HAD to lie to the media back in August because the "woke mob" would have "torn him apart" if he said he wasn't vaccinated or if he refused to answer.

The FACT is, that multiple players openly acknowledged being vaccinated OR refused to answer, and they really didn't face much pushback at all for just saying that.

Rodgers is making whiny excuses for his lying behavior, which are also inconsistent with his previous statement that he's "above" caring about it.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't disagree with you that there would be criticism of vaccination status if Josh caught covid and turned out to be unvaccinated, but you're shifting the premise.

Rodger's claim is that he HAD to lie to the media back in August because the "woke mob" would have "torn him apart" if he said he wasn't vaccinated or if he refused to answer.

The FACT is, that multiple players openly acknowledged being vaccinated OR refused to answer, and they really didn't face much pushback at all for just saying that.

Rodgers is making whiny excuses for his lying behavior, which are also inconsistent with his previous statement that he's "above" caring about it.

You’re missing the point. None of this would have mattered if Rodgers didn’t test positive.

Also, you're incorrect. Josh’s non-answer got a ton of attention both with the local media, and here on TBD. 

Here’s his topic from his presses and non-answer and hilariously enough, he says a similar thing to Rodgers! It’s a hot topic and he doesn’t want to get into it.

Edited by FireChans

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You’re missing the point. None of this would have mattered if Rodgers didn’t test positive.

Also, you're incorrect. Josh’s non-answer got a ton of attention both with the local media, and here on TBD. 

I didn't say it didn't get attention, I said he wasn't "torn apart".  You disagree, prove it - find some stuff where he was "shredded" or "torn apart", vs just a couple of Op Eds saying he should "show leadership" "like Mahomes" that died out quietly.

Rodger's contention is he had to lie, or be "shredded" by a "woke mob".  And yes, Rodgers would have faced scrutiny after testing positive if he'd answered honestly back in August, but I don't see how anyone reasonable could conclude that there weren't several extra layers of furor in the media and on social media when the previous lie was revealed.

I'm not missing my point at all.  You're trying to shift the argument to the point you want to make. 

You're entitled to argue whatever point you like, but you're not entitled to re-frame my argument then declare it "wrong" because it isn't addressing the claim you want to argue.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:40 AM, Jpsredemption said:

I suppose he's got a decent IQ but I would NOT call him 'intelligent' or 'insightful.'

The guy calls  himself a 'critical thinker.'  To me, a critical thinker is someone who uses logic and facts to arrive at an opinion/conclusion.  That's not what he does.  His data points are biased and often not factual, and the logic is faulty.  

He's a "villain" in my mind because he champions  idiotic ideas that are bad for people.  He's too selfish to do his due diligence and take his position as a role model seriously.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.