Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Bills at Saints

BillsFan619

I believe we can turn this thing around and it starts tomorrow night. Not saying it will be easy, but if we can pull it together and beat the Saints and Pats to get to 8-4, the last few weeks could feel like a distant memory.

There are two players that have been going through my head, one on offense and one on defense.

The Saints passing defense isn’t good so this is a game where Diggs could have a big impact. Hopefully JA will get the ball to him early and often. He’s been heating up as of late as he has 5 TDs in the past five games (he only had 1 TD in the first five games).

On defense, with Star most likely out, it’s imperative for someone to step up and be a factor against their rushing attack. When their backs (or backup QB Hill) get past the DL  (which is likely with Star possibly out again) it’s important for the LBs to limit the yards to 3-4 yard gains instead of many runs turning into 10-12 yard gains. The LB that keeps coming to my mind is Tremaine Edmunds.

I’m gonna go with Edmunds over Diggs, because if we can limit the big run plays, I don’t see the Saints having much of a chance in this game.

Who ya got, Mafia?

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. Hope it’s filled with great family and/or friend memories along with a Bills victory to get our team back on track.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think McKenzie has a big game to redeem himself.

At least one return TD plus lots of catches at the WR position 

Jake Fromm, did you just reveal the Bills game plan and secret weapon against the Saints? 😜

In all seriousness, it’d be great to have a ST play that positively impacts the game. Outside of Bass, we’ve had too many ST plays negatively impact the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Jake Kumerow.

My expectation for this game is that he will be active and take Moss's spot on the game day roster. With Special Teams Jesus out there it well allow Breida to be more involved in the offense. It also leads into being more willing to involve McK in the offense and if he gets banged up they would likely move to Breida to field kicks. So being able to use 2 quick threats on offense as opposed to keeping McK relegated to KR/PR and Breida's involvement in the offense is the results.

Kumerow doesn't even have to make a tackle to have a HUGE trickle down affect on the outcome for this.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Who do you think will play RT tomorrow night?

I know you didn't ask me but...wouldn't shock me to see Bobby Hart at RT and Willims at RG this week.

• Like (+1) 1

For me it has to be on defense and well past time for a guy like Epensa, Groot, Basham or Obada to assert themselves.

And any chance this team has of turning things around in the coming weeks hinges on getting these guys as much playing time as possible and it's almost a no brainer that useless bums like Addison and Butler need to go the way of Trent Murphy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.