When Is Star supposed to be back?

Moulds 808080

21 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The fact that we dont even know on game day if a player is playing is  bizarre. Somehow we dont know covid status or even if he is vaccinated like its some deeply personal secret like a we are inquiring about what kinky things turn him on. This whole situation makes no sense. At least with Cole B you might disagree with his vax status but he has been open about it and not vague. Star and Spencer ??

We know if he's playing.  He's in the Covid protocol.  He's not playing.

Like concussion protocol, if a player is coming out of it you see typically some signs, like him working out over in a separate area with a trainer.

Also like concussion protocol, it's open ended and each player will progress as he progresses and come out when he progresses through.  We know the minimum time, but the actual time depends upon the player and his symptoms.

I don't know why you feel you have a right to know his medical information.  The team has an obligation to report an injury (toe, shoulder) or whether the player is on the Covid list, but even there, they aren't obligated to provide the specifics of the injury unless the player chooses to disclose it.

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's unvaccinated and caught COVID - so it will be when he's 100% Could be next game or he could be gone all season. No way to know. 

Exactly.  There are signs that he's close to return, in that Hyde talked about him as being "fine", but just like Tommy Sweeney he could go in for his cardiac evaluation and be told "Nope!"

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm assuming that since he didn't play today, he actually got COVID.  I hope not but most importantly hope he's doing well.

I think he is, from what his fellow players have said in interviews.  But there's "well" as in, not in the hospital, not on oxygen, feeling OK or even pretty good while moving around the house.  And then there's "Well!" as in able to go through hard physical training and contribute at his former level in a game.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Haze_21 said:

Players forfeit their privacy when they sign deals.

Horseshit.  The team is required to report some information, like if a player has an injury, the injured area, and the player's practice and then on Fri before Sun game, his game status.

You have no right to know the specifics of the player's injury or symptoms.   Why on earth would you think you do?

13 hours ago, Haze_21 said:

Star got 50 mil and sat out last year for covid concerns to go unvaccinated and will now miss 3 games because of it, funny stuff.

I have a different term for it, but that's me

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We know if he's playing.  He's in the Covid protocol.  He's not playing.

Like concussion protocol, if a player is coming out of it you see typically some signs, like him working out over in a separate area with a trainer.

Also like concussion protocol, it's open ended and each player will progress as he progresses and come out when he progresses through.  We know the minimum time, but the actual time depends upon the player and his symptoms.

I don't know why you feel you have a right to know his medical information.  The team has an obligation to report an injury (toe, shoulder) or whether the player is on the Covid list, but even there, they aren't obligated to provide the specifics of the injury unless the player chooses to disclose it.

We dont have the "right" to know anything about these guys, that isnt and never was my point.  Teams obviously closely guard a players injury status as to keep things as up in the air as possible for opponents. I totally get that and maybe thats the case here. I was just curious whether the Bills themselves had the "right" to this knowledge  because McD seemed genuinely frustrated with Star and Spencer not being there.   

21 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Do unvaxed players still get paid while they are out for extended periods? 

Yes they do this year.  Last years opt outs got a minimal payout and had their contract $$ moved to next year.  It is why Star will still be under contract next year and 2023 now.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, Livinginthepast said:

The fact that we dont even know on game day if a player is playing is  bizarre. Somehow we dont know covid status or even if he is vaccinated like its some deeply personal secret like a we are inquiring about what kinky things turn him on. This whole situation makes no sense. At least with Cole B you might disagree with his vax status but he has been open about it and not vague. Star and Spencer ??

21 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

We dont have the "right" to know anything about these guys, that isnt and never was my point.  Teams obviously closely guard a players injury status as to keep things as up in the air as possible for opponents. I totally get that and maybe thats the case here. I was just curious whether the Bills themselves had the "right" to this knowledge  because McD seemed genuinely frustrated with Star and Spencer not being there.   

We don't Beasleys Vax status for certain.  We know he's publicly and repeatedly ridiculed the NFL's policy and he was fined back in August for violations so likely wasn't vaxed back then as the same with McKenzie.  But since then has done interviews not wearing a mask.  Some were reported to be outside, but some post games ones may not have been.  Haven't heard the Bills got fined like the Packers did.  So how come?  I'm not 100% convinced that he hasn't got vaxxed, but the whole personal freedom thing is just such a big deal to him that he will keep up the crusade.

I'm sure the everyone in the building including McD knows all the players vax status, but publicly can't state anything.  That doesn't mean he can't still be frustrated.  He also may come across as frustrated as I'm sure he's tired of being asked the same questions about it every day or the fact that while he knows their status, he nor anyone else knows when they will be cleared to play. 

On a related subject, if Star, Brown, and Mongo are all back for the NE game, who do we think will likely be be cut from the 53?  I'm guessing Douglas and one of the two DT just called up.  Likely will bring up another CB to replace White so still need to make one more roster move then.  Is Hart on the 53??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

On a related subject, if Star, Brown, and Mongo are all back for the NE game, who do we think will likely be be cut from the 53?  I'm guessing Douglas and one of the two DT just called up.  Likely will bring up another CB to replace White so still need to make one more roster move then.  Is Hart on the 53??

Yup - Hart was a healthy scratch for the Saints game.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Yup - Hart was a healthy scratch for the Saints game.

Hart gone for Brown.  Douglas to waivers for Mongo.  With star I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone for Star.  Bryant and Anuko(sp) seemed to fair well.  

Regardless of when Star comes back, I’d like to keep at least one of Bryant/Ankou active.   

Butler should just be cut at this point.  Harry is a great guy, but not sure he’s helping us much out there.  

The loss of Tre changes things, but in the two games our Defense struggled, it was due to teams running all over us and/or playing off the running threat to do so.  

It’s also becoming more and more obvious that Ed Oliver can be that game changer we need on the DL when he has a space eater next to him.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Do unvaxed players still get paid while they are out for extended periods? 

21 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Yes they do this year.  Last years opt outs got a minimal payout and had their contract $$ moved to next year.  It is why Star will still be under contract next year and 2023 now.  

Complete and total stupidity on the part of the NFL. Every other profession, if you choose to not get vaccinated and cannot do your job because of it, you do not get paid.  Should be no different for the NFL.  IMO players can choose if they want to get vaccinated or not, so long as they are honest about it (yeah, you Aaron Rogers) and accept the consequences of their decision.  Not playing due to covid after not getting vaccinated should, IMO, mean you don't get paid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The irony of Star "sitting out" due to fears of virus and "sick family members" only to go unvaccinated and then miss 3 games is just so..... well, billsy.

This team been riddled by COVID all year. Does anyone feel like this team is actually a championship contender anymore? 

Its not just the lack of vaccines and all the people missing games and injuries etc. But thats got a lot to do with it.

Edited by BillsFan692

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

The irony of Star "sitting out" due to fears of virus and "sick family members" only to go unvaccinated and then miss 3 games is just so..... well, billsy.

This team been riddled by COVID all year. Does anyone feel like this team is actually a championship contender anymore? 

Its not just the lack of vaccines and all the people missing games and injuries etc. But thats got a lot to do with it.

Star p!ssed me off. You’re so concerned about covid, and then you don’t get the vaccine and end up with covid, missing multiple games.  Of course I don’t wish ill will on anyone, but I also have little sympathy in cases like this, except for paying fans. Good luck Star and get better… but if you end up really sick or worse, that’s on you brother. 

The Bills are better when Star is in, so hopefully he’s healthy and ready to go for NE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Star p!ssed me off. You’re so concerned about covid, and then you don’t get the vaccine and end up with covid, missing multiple games.  Of course I don’t wish ill will on anyone, but I also have little sympathy in cases like this, except for paying fans. Good luck Star and get better… but if you end up really sick or worse, that’s on you brother. 

The Bills are better when Star is in, so hopefully he’s healthy and ready to go for NE. 

some people are told not to get the vaccine by their doctor. 

4 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Complete and total stupidity on the part of the NFL. Every other profession, if you choose to not get vaccinated and cannot do your job because of it, you do not get paid.  Should be no different for the NFL.  IMO players can choose if they want to get vaccinated or not, so long as they are honest about it (yeah, you Aaron Rogers) and accept the consequences of their decision.  Not playing due to covid after not getting vaccinated should, IMO, mean you don't get paid.

I'm sure the NFL would agree with you, but unfortunately for the them the NFLPA would never agree to that without getting something huge in return.  It has to be agreed upon between them.  Wouldn't shock me in the next CBA in all sports there will be more written in about pandemics, etc and what can and can not be done.  Both sides will want more assurances.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:29 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Horseshit.  The team is required to report some information, like if a player has an injury, the injured area, and the player's practice and then on Fri before Sun game, his game status.

You have no right to know the specifics of the player's injury or symptoms.   Why on earth would you think you do?

I have a different term for it, but that's me

Patients right to privacy is sacrosanct. Star however,is hurting this team by prioritizing his rights as a citizen over what's best for his team. Take a year off for health reasons, very understandable. Come back with your chest out,proud of being unvaccinated, disappointing. Getting Covid and potentially missing 5 out of 11 games, is  not being all in. Like Jerry Jones so eloquently put it, when you go in that lockeroom, it's a we thing. Star took a huge gamble by being unvaccinated and lost. He's played well when healthy, but his availability was a dreadful miscalculation by mngmt.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Complete and total stupidity on the part of the NFL. Every other profession, if you choose to not get vaccinated and cannot do your job because of it, you do not get paid.  Should be no different for the NFL. 

I can’t pretend to know all industries in the US, but any time there’s a union and CBA, what should happen is whatever is collectively bargained 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.