Domestic terrorist attack in Waukesha

JaCrispy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/22/us/what-we-know-about-suspect-in-waukesha-parade-tragedy/index.html

Suspect had strong support for BLM, along with a lot racist language all over his social media...hate is hate, regardless of skin color, so he should be charged with a hate crime imo...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• JaCrispy changed the title to Domestic terrorist attack in Waukesha

UNEXPECTEDLY: Get ready to forget the Waukesha attack.

It least five people were killed and more than forty were injured on Sunday night when a driver plowed his SUV into attendees of the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. The driver has been identified in news reports as Darrell Edward Brooks Jr.

The horrific attack immediately made national news because of the death toll and brutal nature of the crime. Videos surfaced online showing the driver veering towards members of the parade and narrowly missing many others. Sunday’s incident appeared eerily similar to the 2016 Berlin terror attack, where an ISIS member killed twelve people by ramming his truck through a Christmas market.

However it seems probable that Waukesha will be memory-holed by the agenda-driven media because Brooks was a black man and, according to his social media, an anti-white supporter of Black Lives Matter. This doesn’t comport with the leftist media’s demonization of white men, whose alleged privilege and toxicity are the biggest threat to America.

I don’t claim to know that Brooks was motivated by his anti-white hatred, but I do find it suspicious that the media was so eager to rule out terrorism. In fact, CNN, CBS and other outlets were reporting on an alternative motive before they had even publicly identified a suspect. The explanation they have offered as to why Brooks drove into a crowd of hundreds of people would make even the lowest IQ individual scratch their head.

Apparently, Brooks was fleeing another crime scene (“possibly a knife fight”) when he ran into the parade. It makes perfect sense, you see, when evading possible arrest to drive to a highly populated area with a heavier police presence and swerve into innocent civilians.

No one with two brain cells would think that this makes any sense, but mainstream outlets are breathlessly repeating it without offering an ounce of skepticism. Will this turn into another Las Vegas shooting? It’s been five years since that mass murder event and we still don’t have a satisfactory answer as to why Stephen Paddock would kill dozens of country concert attendees.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-darrell-brooks-media/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm sorry, but how do you  "Allegedly" run someone over with a car?

Even in this day/age of autonomous vehicles, this one's pretty clear-cut, no?

Hi, I was hit/run over by a car...here are my injuries (yikes, BTW).  

Ok, who was driving?  That guy, his car.  Ok, we'll investigate this "Alleged" hitting of you with his car.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It least five people were killed and more than forty were injured on Sunday night when a driver plowed his SUV into attendees of the annual Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. The driver has been identified in news reports as Darrell Edward Brooks Jr.

The horrific attack immediately made national news because of the death toll and brutal nature of the crime. Videos surfaced online showing the driver veering towards members of the parade and narrowly missing many others. Sunday’s incident appeared eerily similar to the 2016 Berlin terror attack, where an ISIS member killed twelve people by ramming his truck through a Christmas market.

However it seems probable that Waukesha will be memory-holed by the agenda-driven media because Brooks was a black man and, according to his social media, an anti-white supporter of Black Lives Matter. This doesn’t comport with the leftist media’s demonization of white men, whose alleged privilege and toxicity are the biggest threat to America.

I don’t claim to know that Brooks was motivated by his anti-white hatred, but I do find it suspicious that the media was so eager to rule out terrorism. In fact, CNN, CBS and other outlets were reporting on an alternative motive before they had even publicly identified a suspect. The explanation they have offered as to why Brooks drove into a crowd of hundreds of people would make even the lowest IQ individual scratch their head.

Apparently, Brooks was fleeing another crime scene (“possibly a knife fight”) when he ran into the parade. It makes perfect sense, you see, when evading possible arrest to drive to a highly populated area with a heavier police presence and swerve into innocent civilians.

No one with two brain cells would think that this makes any sense, but mainstream outlets are breathlessly repeating it without offering an ounce of skepticism. Will this turn into another Las Vegas shooting? It’s been five years since that mass murder event and we still don’t have a satisfactory answer as to why Stephen Paddock would kill dozens of country concert attendees.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-darrell-brooks-media/

Then why bring it up? Just trying to gin up some racial animus? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/22/us/what-we-know-about-suspect-in-waukesha-parade-tragedy/index.html

Suspect had strong support for BLM, along with a lot racist language all over his social media...hate is hate, regardless of skin color, so he should be charged with a hate crime imo...

never understood how anyone could view ruthless indiscriminate killing and maiming as anything but hate. 

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Then why bring it up? Just trying to gin up some racial animus? 

Wow, do you ever get the point of an article ?

AOC sparks fury by demanding reform of NYC's 'excessive' bail laws - a day after Waukesha SUV driver out on $1K bond killed five: 

by Ariel Zilber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10232605/Rashida-Tlaib-AOC-demand-criminal-justice-reforms-day-Waukesha-tragedy.html

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AOC sparks fury by demanding reform of NYC's 'excessive' bail laws - a day after Waukesha SUV driver out on $1K bond killed five: 

by Ariel Zilber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10232605/Rashida-Tlaib-AOC-demand-criminal-justice-reforms-day-Waukesha-tragedy.html

I am in the uncomfortable position of ... agreeing with you.

These bail reform laws are extreme. There is no reason why someone who is accused of a potentially deadly assault-by-vehicle/domestic violence related should ever be released on $1000 bond, or for that matter, any bond without a bail hearing in which the judge can be presented with the full version of what is alleged and what measures may be taken to protect the community pending trial. Gotta love how the elected DA is trying to throw his assistant (who handled the bail matter) under the bus ... I have zero doubt that the Assistant DA was following office policy/guidance, much of which is driven today by a "no room at the inn" policy of bailing out suspects on as low bail as they can post. And all of this is aggravated by a ridiculous overemphasis on how we are incarcerating too many people. Incarcerating too many people who don't pose a risk of reoffending in a way that endangers the community? OK, I'll let them argue that. Incarcerating too many people like this killer? No. We are incarcerating too few people like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The LSM continues to state that these victims were run over by an SUV. It should be reported that they were run over by a black man behind the wheel of an SUV. Also that he was set free by liberal bail reform and has an extensive criminal record. 

This is the heart and soul definition of CRT/Anti Racism and it’s implementation in the media- purposely downplaying minority crime while making white crime seem worse than it is...

This is purposely done in an attempt to right the wrongs of the past...But what the media don’t realize (or maybe they do) is that the unintended consequences on society are going to be very costly...Minorities will grow to think they can engage in criminality with impunity, along with thinking every white person is a racist monster that needs to be wiped off the face of the Earth...As a result, the division in society will continue to widen...

This type of reporting is dangerous, it’s dishonest, and it’s discriminatory...It’s also why nobody trusts the mainstream media and more...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am in the uncomfortable position of ... agreeing with you.

These bail reform laws are extreme. There is no reason why someone who is accused of a potentially deadly assault-by-vehicle/domestic violence related should ever be released on $1000 bond, or for that matter, any bond without a bail hearing in which the judge can be presented with the full version of what is alleged and what measures may be taken to protect the community pending trial. Gotta love how the elected DA is trying to throw his assistant (who handled the bail matter) under the bus ... I have zero doubt that the Assistant DA was following office policy/guidance, much of which is driven today by a "no room at the inn" policy of bailing out suspects on as low bail as they can post. And all of this is aggravated by a ridiculous overemphasis on how we are incarcerating too many people. Incarcerating too many people who don't pose a risk of reoffending in a way that endangers the community? OK, I'll let them argue that. Incarcerating too many people like this killer? No. We are incarcerating too few people like this.

It's just another example of the everyday failure of virtually every idea & policy that American and Global Leftists can come up with...

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Ariel Zilber

I’m sure AOC’s only objection to that whole thing was a the fossil fueled SUV. She’s delusional 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is the heart and soul definition of CRT/Anti Racism and it’s implementation in the media- purposely downplaying minority crime while making white crime seem worse than it is...

This is purposely done in an attempt to right the wrongs of the past...But what the media don’t realize (or maybe they do) is that the unintended consequences on society are going to be very costly...Minorities will grow to think they can engage in criminality with impunity, along with thinking every white person is a racist monster...meanwhile the division in society will continue to widen...

This type of reporting is dangerous, it’s dishonest, and it’s discriminatory...It’s also why nobody trusts the mainstream media and more...

Salient point about the moral hazard. The other problem I’ve come to see is if you ignore the extremists for a minute, many in the middle don’t pay enough attention to know what’s happening. 

My wife, a moderate with socially liberal lean, votes both sides, is a very passive news observer. I never talk news or politics with her but we mostly agree on big topics.

Her passive news headline alert skimming had her believing the Wisconsin kid was a white supremacist who gunned down blacks protesting and got off on a technicality. I believe that level of news consumption is the norm. So what they want, is working 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Salient point about the moral hazard. The other problem I’ve come to see is if you ignore the extremists for a minute, many in the middle don’t pay enough attention to know what’s happening. 

My wife, a moderate with socially liberal lean, votes both sides, is a very passive news observer. I never talk news or politics with her but we mostly agree on big topics.

Her passive news headline alert skimming had her believing the Wisconsin kid was a white supremacist who gunned down blacks protesting and got off on a technicality. I believe that level of news consumption is the norm. So what they want, is working 

Exactly what my wife thought.

She was very surprised when I showed her the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

Waukesha Attack Has REALLY Exposed Leftists’ Rotten Core. 

The unhinged, deadly Christmas parade attack in Waukesha, WI by Darrell Brooks was a jarring national horror. That’s a correct take on the situation.

Unfortunately, here in post-sanity America, almost everything has to be perverted by politically-infused hot takes from people who are too emotionally broken to take a breath in the face of tragedy before responding.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/11/23/the-morning-briefing-waukesha-attack-has-really-exposed-leftists-rotten-core-n1535581

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The LSM continues to state that these victims were run over by an SUV. It should be reported that they were run over by a black man behind the wheel of an SUV. Also that he was set free by liberal bail reform and has an extensive criminal record. 

LSM?

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Weird - CNN is discussing this tragedy. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Weird - CNN is discussing this tragedy. 

Didn't read past the headline again.

facepalm.gif

Police: Waukesha Suspect ‘Intentionally Drove His Maroon SUV Through Barricades Into a Crowd of People’

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/police-waukesha-suspect-intentionally-drove-his-maroon-suv-through-barricades-into-a-crowd-of-people/

It is a tragedy that this angry loser creep was not in jail. That's the whole point of what criminal justice scholars call "incapacitation." And we have thousands and thousands like him who really ought to be in jail out there committing their own particular favorite brands of crime, whether its theft or the drug trade or, in this case, intentional vehicular assault.

Having said that ... I haven't seen any offical or media attempt to minimize the horror, the evil of this act. They said "no indication it is domestic terrorism" and that appears to be correct as "terrorism" is defined by the law enforcement community: a violent action or threat of violent action in service of some type of intended political result. So by saying "not terrorism" they're not saying it was not a big deal; they're just saying that there's no indication that it was what we commonly think of as terrorism.

As far as it being a hate crime: what we're hearing about this creep's social media profile gives ample reason to investigate why he did this and who he was targeting. If he swerved to avoid black people and plowed through white people, well, yes, that's pretty good circumstantial evidence. If he posted "it would be better off if all these white people were dead" that would be really good direct evidence. But so far we don't know, we just have leads to follow and theories to guide that.

In other words ... everyone ready to pounce on the media here is really barking up the wrong tree.

• Like (+1) 1