I am not a ESPN fan but Steven A had it right

Sharky7337

I hate to disagree but Steven is a blowhard.  What does Allen's contract got to do with anything?  Should they have put him in at DT to try to tackle Taylor?

Steven A's analysis here is beyond lazy.  Yesterday's game was all abut the Bills not being physical and the Colts jamming the football down their throats.  Sometimes when I hear this fool talk football I wonder if he actually knows anything about football. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Patriots signed quality free agents ,  Beanne has signed nothing but trash free agents.  Other then Beasley he has wasted loads of money and free agents and not one is a difference maker,  add his wasted draft choices and you have a team that is average 

Two years straight he drafts a RB in the third round. They both suck. And for some reason it takes McClappy 9 games to decide to dress Breida, who very well may be the best back on the team. And while we're at it, let's not involve Gabe Davis in game plans either. The dude lit it up last season and rarely drops passes. Everything is pissing me off right now, lol. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I hate to disagree but Steven is a blowhard.  What does Allen's contract got to do with anything?  Should they have put him in at DT to try to tackle Taylor?

Steven A's analysis here is beyond lazy.  Yesterday's game was all abut the Bills not being physical and the Colts jamming the football down their throats.  Sometimes when I hear this fool talk football I wonder if he actually knows anything about football. 

I mean I agree he's a blowhard and some of it is high level national media analysis. But it is embarrassing and they are wetting the bed and if josh is our guy we should be ahead of mac jones.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Stephen A is a basketball guy... and nowadays, he doesn't even seem as knowledgeable about that sport either.  He is ESPN's top personality...I used to find him fairly entertaining, but I don't take him too seriously.  He is like a Howard Cosell for this century...all bluster, little substance. His job is to create hype and controversy...he's good at it, if you like that sort of thing.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

His point is valid, how many TDs did that mvp candidate 258 million dollar qb throw? 

It wasn’t 5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Patriots signed quality free agents ,  Beanne has signed nothing but trash free agents.  Other then Beasley he has wasted loads of money and free agents and not one is a difference maker,  add his wasted draft choices and you have a team that is average 

And what about the 20 years before this season, when the Patriots were praised for taking exactly the same approach as Beane has, in filling their roster?  There are 7 games left in this season...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

I mean I agree he's a blowhard and some of it is high level national media analysis. But it is embarrassing and they are wetting the bed and if josh is our guy we should be ahead of mac jones.

First off let's wait until the end of the season to see where the Bills and Patriots are.  And Mac Jones isn't driving the Pats success.  It's the fact they they're coached by the greatest coach in the history of the NFL; they have an outstanding offensive line; they have a solid running game; a fantastic OC; a very good defense that during their win streak has played consistently well and without any obvious weaknesses.

And this is not about Allen versus Mac Jones.  If you switched the teams and Allen was QBing the Pats and Jones the Bills our record would be 3 - 7 and the Pats would probably be 9 - 2.

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Flame away but he's right.

Josh Allen had 3 count them 3 incompletions in the first half and yet the Bills where down 24-7 at half…he promptly had 2 passes dropped in the 3 and out to start the second half…Josh is the best player this franchise has had in 20 years …he doesn’t play RB or DT or MLB this game was lost by the front office and coaching staff…but do agree with Stephen A this team is drifting into fraud territory 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His point is valid, how many TDs did that mvp candidate 258 million dollar qb throw? 

It wasn’t 5.

Did Josh give up 185 yards rushing and 5 TDS to the same guy? Or decide to call for field goals of 57 or 59 yards in the wind and rain? Josh is the absolute least of our worries 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It wasn’t 5.

It's a stupid comparison in today's NFL.  You can look at any number of games and show how an undrafted guy making the NFL minimum put up better stats then a guy making top dollar.  How about when Mike White blew away Joe Burrow?  I mean Burrow was the NUMBER ONE DRAFT choice making a lot more money then free agent drifter White.

And to make matters even worse, Steven A is comparing a RB's production to a QB's production.  Well in last years playoff game Allen had 3 TD's and almost 400 yards of total offense. Did Taylor even get to a combined 100 yards?  No, he didn't he had 84 total yards.  And how many TD's did he have in that game? 

As for yesterday's game did Steven A consider if weather conditions might have impacted an elite RB's numbers compared to an elite QB's?

If the expectation going forward is that Allen must have a great game every week because he makes a lot of money now then Bills fans are going to be very disappointed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

You hold out hope they can figure something out, but if I’m honest about how I’m feeling… he nailed it.

I would supplement that with an element Stephen A and all non Bills fans can’t add themselves because they can’t truly feel it.  As a Bills fan you kinda expect the worst.   It’s basically in your DNA.  

This is the first year I haven’t purchased the ticket.  I only watch the games if they are on TV.  I’d not missed a single Bills game since 1986 (that I could watch), but I came in dreading this season.  After the four Super Bowls and then two decades of let down (and more often than not just plain and utter disgusting football and penny pinching), even last years brilliant season hasn’t been able to shake that “they’re gonna let you down!” feeling ( at least I’ve had) since opening day.  

I hope they prove me wrong.  I hope they can figure something out.  There is certainly time to do so.  You hate sayings like “any given Sunday” et all, but this really is a week to week league.  It’s logical to think a team that has talent (and this one absolutely does) can turn it around.

That’s three really bad losses.  Tennessee is the only loss that isn’t sickening.  Two of the three were at home.  Defend our dirt is laughable at this point.  This team with this talent.  It’s starting to feel disgusting again, but for different reasons than the drought.

Maybe they need a 9-7 loss to the Cleveland Browns wild card game season to string this all together…. Of course that would be 10-7 or 9-8 now. No bickering Bills with this squad of nice guys, and please no end zone sure td drop to end the season (thank you Ronnie Harmon, right behind Scott Norwood and Music City in top traumatic Bills memories to which there are gazillions at this point). 

Whatever happens I think I didn’t buy the ticket because I didn’t want the Bills to disappoint me again, or at least (because I still watch when they are televised nationally) I wanted to try keep a healthy distance from what I considered inevitable. 

It’s not mattering in the slightest.  Still sucks you in like a black hole.  This is goin to be a long year if something doesn’t change soon, and what a cherry it would be to watch New England take back the division title in the process. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Two years straight he drafts a RB in the third round. They both suck. And for some reason it takes McClappy 9 games to decide to dress Breida, who very well may be the best back on the team. And while we're at it, let's not involve Gabe Davis in game plans either. The dude lit it up last season and rarely drops passes. Everything is pissing me off right now, lol. 

Does anyone know both those RB'S were both two of the slowest in the draft at 4.66 forty,  not how you do that two years in row. I don't want to hear about the line because I saw Breida making plays that we have not see from either guy. 

30 minutes ago, Buftex said:

And what about the 20 years before this season, when the Patriots were praised for taking exactly the same approach as Beane has, in filling their roster?  There are 7 games left in this season...

Name the difference makers this team has?  and Milalo is not a difference maker.  I got White/Diggs and Allen,  you needed speed and he signed Sanders who is 34 years old.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Does anyone know both those RB'S were both two of the slowest in the draft at 4.66 forty,  not how you do that two years in row. I don't want to hear about the line because I saw Breida making plays that we have not see from either guy. 

I actually did not know they were that slow. I knew they were slugs, but wtf were you thinking Beane?? 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I actually did not know they were that slow. I knew they were slugs, but wtf were you thinking Beane?? 

Not hard to see how Breida can press the edges with great speed and burst to the line where other two guys take forever to get to the line.  If was not a massive weakness then why was Beanne trying to sign Bell last after the deadline after he was released from the Jets.  The fact is both backs were brought back this year because Beane did not want admit he wasted 3rd rounder. The good news is because Beane hit on the most important position on the field he can easily fix this in the offseason. We still will make the playoffs but this is not a Super Bowl team and let's hope he learns from this.  We need about 3-4 new offensive starters next season,  2 lineman min ,  Speed WR to help take away double teams Diggs is dealing with and new running with better speed. I would settle for one starting lineman and new starting RB but who knows maybe they pull it together this season.

29 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Name the difference makers this team has?  and Milalo is not a difference maker.  I got White/Diggs and Allen,  you needed speed and he signed Sanders who is 34 years old.

Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde... I won't waste a lot of time arguing the point.. the argument that starts out "take away all the good players he brought in, than what has he done?" isn't really worth it.   

I get it...the Bills disappointed all of us... the season ain't over... there have been times in recent years where elite teams like the Bucs, Chiefs and your beloved Pats have had lulls at parts of the season.  They may not be the Super Bowl champs that so many crowned them as, but lets not pretend that one really ***** performance destroys all the progress they have made. 

Unless you are truly convinced that they really are a fraud, I hold out hope that the monumental disaster that we saw yesterday, that affected literally every facet of the team, was an aberration of sorts.  Maybe I am nuts....but I will be watching every game they play this season....whether it is seven more, or 8- 11, I am still thinking they have a good shot at winning them.  The wheels aren't completely off...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.