How would you FIX the Bills?

PatsFanNH

Ok if you were the HC Right now what would YOU do to fix the issues you see with the team?

Now As an outsider the one thing I’d change is running more and not being such a one deme soon also offense. Yes you have great WR and a great QB, but when your QB runs for almost as many yards as your RB and is not named Lamar Jackson IMO that’s wrong.  You need keep teams honest so things like PA work. 

Teams have no respect for the Bills running game.  Why should they?  The Bills constantly abandon it.   I think the Bills are just not hungry.  It is almost like they blew out a bunch of bad teams early and expect everyone to roll over for them.  Can you fix a mentally weak team?  I guess we will find out.

• Like (+1) 5

as far as in game adjustments= how about some McDermott?  Taylor killed us in first half, how did you adjust?  Taylor kicked our ass even more second half.

McDermott sucks at challenges, his team takes stupid penalties and is undisclipined, , and is soft

Take action to eliminate and minimize penalties.  Pre-snaps, personal fouls, unsportsmanlike.  All the dumb stuff.  I get the calls for being aggressive or trying to make a play or a block.  But so far.

Steelers - Bills commit 8 for 81

Dolphins - Bills commit 6 for 53

WFT - Bills commit 5 for 30

Texans - Bills commit 3 for 30

Chiefs - Bills commit 10 for 103 and still win as the Chiefs made more mistakes than the Bills

Titans - Bills commit 8 for 60

Dolphins - Bills commit 9 for 80

Jaguars - Bills commit 12 for 118

Jets - Bills commit 7 for 50

Colts - Bills commit 7 for 56

Not to include what was called and declined.  How many of those were drive killers or led to turnovers?  How many gave the other team's offense a break to continue a scoring drive?   Tell me the Bills lose that Jaguars game without all those penalties.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Take action to eliminate and minimize penalties.  Pre-snaps, personal fouls, unsportsmanlike.  All the dumb stuff.  I get the calls for being aggressive or trying to make a play or a block.  But so far.

Chiefs - Bills commit 10 for 103 and still win as the Chiefs made more mistakes than the Bills

Not to include what was called and declined.  How many of those were drive killers or led to turnovers?  How many gave the other team's offense a break to continue a scoring drive?   Tell me the Bills lose that Jaguars game without all those penalties.

If you notice how many penalties come on 3rd down after the Bills stopped the 3rd down conversion. How convenient for the opposition. Bills vs opponent + zebras.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Under center, use more bunch formations and motion early in the game to counter the slot run blitzes and attempt to run the ball more.

Use Brieda and bench Moss until proven otherwise.

Focus more on boots and short passes.

Feed Diggs, Knox and Beasley.

Get our line healthy with Brown back in, and don't get tricked into thinking we can just attempt chunk passing our way down the field. It may work against some teams, but not the good ones.

Unfortunately, we cannot solve our lack of physical presence in season. We can change the mentality some though and that is what the above does.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

If the players getting together to have a "talk" didn't fix their mentality, nothing will. These are grown men, motivation comes from within. 

I think this is right.   I've managed people for decades now, and one fundamental truth is that a tiger can't change it's stripes.  If someone is unmotivated, i've learned now that you can either accept an undermotivated employee, or you can get rid of them.  You can put people on a PIP but all that does is teach them the bare minimum threshold they have to achieve to keep their jobs.  Too many of the Bills appear to be ok with losing.  I don't envision that changing - McD had his chance, should probably have cut someone after the Jax game, might have brought some focus on the rest of the dead enders, but at this point it's pretty clear they're playing out the string.  Anyway, i'm sure if McD just claps a little harder, and dogballs comes up with a little more gimmicky scheme, maybe they can squeeze out a couple more wins.  Not holding my breath though.  If McD doesn't send a message to the locker room, then this team & season are lost.  I'm not sure what that looks like, maybe bench some starters, i'd probably sit anyone without a vax because they're not dependable anyways.

• Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Convince Allen that he needs to take what is given to him when facing good defensive fronts and to not lose patience and force deeper throws. 

Agree with these sentiments. Getting our OL healthy, pass targets catching the ball and Daboll calling better games can also help.   

I think our starting OL might be “good enough” to get us by if Josh makes better decisions with the football and we aren’t committing penalty after penalty.  

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok if you were the HC Right now what would YOU do to fix the issues you see with the team?

Now As an outsider the one thing I’d change is running more and not being such a one deme soon also offense. Yes you have great WR and a great QB, but when your QB runs for almost as many yards as your RB and is not named Lamar Jackson IMO that’s wrong.  You need keep teams honest so things like PA work. 

They came out running - then got off schedule, threw a pick.  Scored the next drive to make it 14-7.  Then it was 24-7 before they touched the ball again.  Mckenzies mishap changed what they were really able to do in the 2nd half.  That and their inability to figure out how to stop taylor.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.