My thoughts from attending yesterday’s game

Brennan Huff

Im jealous of everyone here on this site who lives near the bills & get to watch them in the stadium.

Please be thankful for having that chance during the holidays!

I live in the desert Southwest & could only dream to be around our awesome fan base who all are bad a**.

Even when we agree & disagree, this team & fans have heart!

Lets get on a win streak & get scary come the playoffs!

Much Love Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Yesterday was my first game since the early 80’s when I was a kid.

Man how unlucky was I to pick this game.

My biggest issue other than leaving the stadium was the people in front of us were standing 100% of the time.  Is this a thing? Granted the people in front of them were standing quite a bit but these guys were the worst offender.  It felt like they were watching a high school football game behind a fence.

I get standing for key plays.  I felt bad for my Dad who has health issues to have to stand much of the time. 

42 minutes ago, rockpile said:

Some people believe that it is their right to stand 100% of the game. I have MS and standing for the whole game is VERY difficult.

Standing when there is a reason is fine!

Unfortunately, if you dont want to stand for most of (or the entire) game, your best bet is Club seats. Maybe the Family Section as well. Other than that, it seems the entire stadium stands for pretty much the entire game, except for long time outs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rockpile said:

Some people believe that it is their right to stand 100% of the game. I have MS and standing for the whole game is VERY difficult.

Standing when there is a reason is fine!

I usually ask the people if they would mind sitting. Since I only go with my dad who has Parkinson’s him standing a lot is all but impossible. Most are cool about it, if that doesn’t work, (or they are total tools) if there are open seats, I’d ask security if it was ok for us to move to a spot for my dad. IF they have a spot they will usually help me with my dad to the new spot.  That’s how Gillette is, I am hoping Buffalo be very similar. 

7 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

What are the Mystery Boxes?

They have footballs, mini helmets, 8 x 10s, jerseys, pylons, full size helmets. All autographed by current or former Bills. You pick a box and hope for the best. But the pricing is more that fair, it’s actually a bargain especially if you pull an Allen or a Diggs

48 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Are the mystery box footballs those ugly white Bills balls?  Also that full size helmet looks fake and cheap too.

They have white, black, and official game balls. So far I’ve gotten 2 white, 1 black, and 1 official ball

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I usually ask the people if they would mind sitting. Since I only go with my dad who has Parkinson’s him standing a lot is all but impossible. Most are cool about it, if that doesn’t work, (or they are total tools) if there are open seats, I’d ask security if it was ok for us to move to a spot for my dad. IF they have a spot they will usually help me with my dad to the new spot.  That’s how Gillette is, I am hoping Buffalo be very similar. 

PLEASE post the results of you in a Patriots jersey asking the Monday Night crowd to sit down. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

PLEASE post the results of you in a Patriots jersey asking the Monday Night crowd to sit down. 🤣

😂 it was my home crowd but I figured evenJets fans wouldn’t be jerks to someone who is elderly with Parkinson’s like my dad. (And well Giant fans were good lol)   So expecting the Bills be just as nice isn’t unreasonable. 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Have they got any Leodis McKelvins? 🤔

I want me a Leodis "MAH MAN!" McKelvin...

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

😂 it was my home crowd but I figured evenJets fans wouldn’t be jerks to someone who is elderly with Parkinson’s like my dad. (And well Giant fans were good lol)   So expecting the Bills be just as nice isn’t unreasonable. 

Depends on where you sit, NH.  Upper deck, prolly OK, end zone, fuhgeddabotit.  All the good visiting fan fights are in the EZ.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Unfortunately, if you dont want to stand for most of (or the entire) game, your best bet is Club seats. Maybe the Family Section as well. Other than that, it seems the entire stadium stands for pretty much the entire game, except for long time outs.

I’ve sat in various sections of the upper deck for 1 or 2 games a year for as long as I can remember, and have never stood for more than a few key plays every game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Yesterday was my first game since the early 80’s when I was a kid.

Man how unlucky was I to pick this game.

My biggest issue other than leaving the stadium was the people in front of us were standing 100% of the time.  Is this a thing? Granted the people in front of them were standing quite a bit but these guys were the worst offender.  It felt like they were watching a high school football game behind a fence.

I get standing for key plays.  I felt bad for my Dad who has health issues to have to stand much of the time. 

The standing in the lower bowl is pretty stupid.........but I knew about it before I moved down there so it is what it is.

I could understand the rationale for it more though if the people standing were rabid fans cheering hard to create noise to distract the opposing offense............but yesterday from early in the game fans were just standing and not making any noise.  

There was a palpable "this season was supposed to be a pleasure cruise to the Super Bowl......wtf is this bullshi*t"   vibe from the crowd yesterday.    I think it's a product of years of losing and watching the Patriots just win every year.   Fans have ignorantly assumed this was going to be easy.    We don't have the best and cheating-est coached organization in the sport.........fan support in the form of noise matters for this organization.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I want me a Leodis "MAH MAN!" McKelvin...

Depends on where you sit, NH.  Upper deck, prolly OK, end zone, fuhgeddabotit.  All the good visiting fan fights are in the EZ.

Lol we get the seats with handicap access lol. My dads literally in the wheelchair but can walk and stand but for extremely short distances..  (I mean the mans pushing 80 lol)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

All the best to you and your Dad.  Enjoy the game.

Lol he says he will wear his 1970 Giants Frank Tarkenton Jersey to the game.. lol I will just wear a normal T-shirt lol.

again though all fans should respect eachother, it’s all for fun. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

I’ve sat in various sections of the upper deck for 1 or 2 games a year for as long as I can remember, and have never stood for more than a few key plays every game. 

Good to know. Thanks!

Last time I was up there was for the 2008 opener against the Seahawks. We had to stand the whole time. Maybe it's changed since then, or maybe it was just because it was the opener.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol he says he will wear his 1970 Giants Frank Tarkenton Jersey to the game.. lol I will just wear a normal T-shirt lol.

again though all fans should respect eachother, it’s all for fun. 

I havent been to a Pats game since Fitz was our QB but the section I was in the crowd was mostly cool with Pats fans and Pats fans with us.  It depends on who is sitting around you.  Im sure just like any other crowd of 60k people... there will always be drunk a-holes somewhere.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

A friend of mine bought one for his kid, here's a picture of the one they got...

Mystery helmet.jpg

Though I am not really a big fan of these alternate helmets, that is pretty nice.  Is that Boogie Bashams auto?  Is there somebody else on the front?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.