My thoughts from attending yesterday’s game

Brennan Huff

1. What a ***** disaster. Offense, defense, and special teams. We’ll be lucky to make the playoffs at this point

2. The chicken tenders at the stadium are pretty good when they’re fresh. And for $11.50 they’re a steal (sarcasm)

3. I’m hooked on the mystery boxes. I get a football every game and yesterday they got me for 2. I was pretty happy with the first one, a Stevie Johnson with the inscription “why so serious”. My second one was Boogie Basham, not so great but I guess it could have been worse

4. Parking is ridiculous. I always park on Abbot road in someone’s yard and most of them now charge 30 bucks

5. Go Bonnies

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Fortunes change quickly in this week to week league. We have seven weeks left, I wouldn't bury this team yet.

Yeah, figure out how to get past the Saints under the dome (yay!), get all your guys back for the MNF game, and then go from there.   0-4 in turnovers you can't win against anyone in the NFL.   Pretty simple.   That McKenzie fumble was key; a replay of the punt block that turned the Steelers game.   Their must be a stat out there correlating turnover TDs with losses.   I'll bet the correlation is pretty tight.  

Yesterday was my first game since the early 80’s when I was a kid.

Man how unlucky was I to pick this game.

My biggest issue other than leaving the stadium was the people in front of us were standing 100% of the time.  Is this a thing? Granted the people in front of them were standing quite a bit but these guys were the worst offender.  It felt like they were watching a high school football game behind a fence.

I get standing for key plays.  I felt bad for my Dad who has health issues to have to stand much of the time. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Yesterday was my first game since the early 80’s when I was a kid.

Man how unlucky was I to pick this game.

My biggest issue other than leaving the stadium was the people in front of us were standing 100% of the time.  Is this a thing? Granted the people in front of them were standing quite a bit but these guys were the worst offender.  It felt like they were watching a high school football game behind a fence.

I get standing for key plays.  I felt bad for my Dad who has health issues to have to stand much of the time. 

Some people believe that it is their right to stand 100% of the game. I have MS and standing for the whole game is VERY difficult.

Standing when there is a reason is fine!

• Agree 2

Yesterday was bad.  Josh was really bad, like missing open receivers, not seeing open receivers, zinging balls that required touch and lobbing balls that required zing.  I hope he figures out how to play well and with consistency, because we're not going anywhere if he plays anything like he did yesterday.

Also - I thought Daboll did a good job of designing plays to hide the O Line's issues, there were a lot of plays designed to move the pocket and Josh usually had a little time (not a lot, but should have been enough.)

Re: everyone standing all game, I feel like that's been how it is for a long time.  It sucks for people with mobility issues, I'm not sure how to address it, but I would recommend anyone in future with issues to look at ADA seating.

Last, my son had his first visit to Hammer's Lot and Pinto Ron yesterday - we had a mostly good day, even with the bad weather and worse football.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWjs6mTMocV/

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.