Breida 5 attempts 51 yards

Niagara Dude

Brieda is cot capable of carrying a significant amount of the workload. He is undersized and will get destroyed running between the tackles. What Buffalo is doing is focusing on using him on the edges and he does well in those situations. I would like to keep seeing that, but don't kid yourself into thinking this guy can do anything more. 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why has brieda been inactive all year, When Moss has been this bad. Who is evaluating talent? 

TJ Yeldon is asking that same question. This staff struggles sometimes with personnel issues. Davis seeing so much less targets. This staff is madly in love with 2 very slow running backs. I can't figure it out?  If you gotta reduce snaps, let it be Moss after that drop today. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why has brieda been inactive all year, When Moss has been this bad. Who is evaluating talent? 

It’s the politics of the NFL...when high draft picks are invested, those players will always get the benefit of the doubt- even if they are not as talented as other players...it’s to protect the FO and coaching staff from looking like they made a mistake with the pick...

Unfortunately, the Bills have made plenty of mistakes with draft picks the last several years...That’s why, after extending Allen, Beane said the Bills are gonna need to start drafting better- because he knows they won’t be able to cover up their draft mistakes with FA’s anymore...👍

52 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I thought one of Breida's best runs today was inside the 10 and that sweep where he makes a defender miss and gets 4 yards.  If that were the other two guys it is most likely a loss in the backfield.

I made exactly the same observation at exactly the same time on exactly the same play.

Breida's speed opens things up and we need more of it, not less!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Mostly in garbage time but you better believe Moss will be back on the field Thursday getting carries because that's how ***** clueless coaching staffs roll.

My favourite call when was Breida was hot on one drive.

The score is 24-7 and they put moss in the next series and give it to him so he can run right into his o lineman's back for no gain.

Brilliant

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day having speed matters,  yes the Colts have a much better offensive line but even when A Bill defender made it to the backfield the guy was making players miss for positive yards and when he had holes it was big chunks of yards.  I thought one of Breida's best runs today was inside the 10 and that sweep where he makes a defender miss and gets 4 yards.  If that were the other two guys it is most likely a loss in the backfield.

We're not improving using the same two guys and I would prefer we get 1 & 2 yard runs with Breida and then getting those massive chunks yards runs that he provides over the two other guys who are just two slow

Getting big chunk plays with a speed RB is going to have those LB'S playing close to the line and opening up things for our WR'S

When he busted that one run I literally said out loud “how in the hell is this guy not RB1!??”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Most maddening part of this team is we say we can’t run the ball but we WON’T run the ball. When we have success we stop, why not make them stop us? And why does McDermott keep using Moss when Breida and Singletary are having success? Daboll has to stop being pass happy specially when our run game is actually working! It’s like he refuses to want to win that way!

Yea l agree they put to much on Josh Allen he shows his weakness when we play above five hundred teams 

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

When he busted that one run I literally said out loud “how in the hell is this guy not RB1!??”

You and the whole bar i was sitting in. I think the problem is he sucks in pass protection and since we refuse to run the ball, its always pass protect. Which in a way is funny because he is a better pass catching RB so is better suited for a passing game ...

What ever happened to the miss direction plays with Mckenzie or Diggs or Beasley?

• Like (+1) 1

And Singletary had 11 attempts 72 yards week 1. The bills aren't gonna run much so it doesn't really matter. I notice they use the fake handoffs at the start of the game and it has been working with the passing game for the most part.

Prefer to see a Breida and Singletary duo though to split full drives

Edited by motorj

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.