For All The Young Bills Fans Wanting to Put to Bed The 90s Comparisons

thronethinker

14 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

As a fan that was around during the 90's I've always got a kick out of such silly comparisons.

Allen isn't Kelly and never will be. He's a tough kid and better than most QB's we've but another dumb move by this idiot GM has put expectations and pressure on him he'll never reach and why I always felt it was laughable to extend him so soon.

I respect what McDermott has done here but he's not Marv Levy and never taking this team to a championship, let alone a SB and last year was just a fluke and his Dick Jauron type of moment in the playoffs.

Allen is better than Kelly as both an athlete and a QB. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

There’s no comparisons to be made. This team hasn’t even made 1 Superbowl yet. As far as comparing talent level/performance, there’s no comparisons there either because the game has completely changed since the early ‘90s. 

You also never heard we need a dome.  We used the weather to our advantage.  

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I recall a dreadful loss at Indy (terrible team back then) as well during the SB years.  Made fans question the quality of the team at the time.

There might have been one but I don’t think Faulk ever got the best of us. 

Perhaps he did once?

I can’t remember every game that far back. 

I remember Harbough beating us. 

21 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

For All The Young Bills Fans Wanting to Put to Bed The 90s Comparisons, forget about it. The 90s teams were never  out of a game so often. The 90s teams had a killer instinct and were never out of it until the last minute. Todays team does not have that, and it is not not even close. Josh may be great, but this team as a whole is awful compared to 90-94. 

Nice post and I 100% agree. This team will also never find its Thurman Thomas. I know it’s a tall order because I consider Thurman to be the best RB in the NFL but we aren’t even close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Governor said:

There were a few games where Kelly came out and threw 3 picks in the first quarter and the game was over.

I don’t remember any this late in the season tho. At one point I wanted him benched. He was awful at times.

when Kelly was bad, he was really bad.

How about the 3-20 125 yard passing game against the Reich led Panthers. Kelly was brutal

at times. Even he admitted he only made the HOF because of the K Gun offense. 

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

You’ve made a lot of dumb comments in the past but that one takes the cake.

Every single GM in the NFL would have extended Allen and, rightfully so. Allen is not the problem with the Buffalo Bills. He’s actually what is right.

Agree. Josh was bad today but in a list of Buffalo's "problems" he is very near the bottom if not right at the bottom of that list.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Nice post and I 100% agree. This team will also never find its Thurman Thomas. I know it’s a tall order because I consider Thurman to be the best RB in the NFL but we aren’t even close.

Agreed, Thurman was the most important part of that team..

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I hope you are younger than 30 years old to make such a ridiculous statement.

I’m 46 and even at a very young age I knew Kelly was never gonna get it done. I wanted him benched for Reich.

Turns out I was right. He “was” a low character guy that had a substance abuse problem and was a pretty awful person.

Kids are smart.

11 minutes ago, Sweats said:

When was that?.....oh, last year when they didnt make it to the SB.

A SB Bills team that didnt make it to the SB........................................................................................rolls eyes

No - Okoye is still breaking tackles. 91 I think. kc embarrassed the bills in a prime time game. 

14 minutes ago, Governor said:

There were a few games where Kelly came out and threw 3 picks in the first quarter and the game was over.

I don’t remember any this late in the season tho. At one point I wanted him benched. He was awful at times.

when Kelly was bad, he was really bad.

I saw Kelly throw 3 interceptions in the first half and brought led his team back to victory.  I believe it may have been a Monday night against Cincy.  When it is not going Josh’s way it looks like he sulks on the bench.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s right though. Allen is a way better Athlete and QB than Kelly ever was. Kelly never threw over 3,000 yards his whole career here in Buffalo. 

Of course he is. It’s not close. A better person too.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

You’ve made a lot of dumb comments in the past but that one takes the cake.

Every single GM in the NFL would have extended Allen and, rightfully so. Allen is not the problem with the Buffalo Bills. He’s actually what is right.

what is wrong is we have used alot of draft capital on Defense and ignore the heck out of the OL.  

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

1 minute ago, thronethinker said:

Agreed, Thurman was the most important part of that team..

And the offensive side of NFL football hasn't changed AT ALL in the last 30 years.

Right?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47nbu4ljj2v9whpm4leu

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s right though. Allen is a way better Athlete and QB than Kelly ever was. Kelly never threw over 3,000 yards his whole career here in Buffalo. 

Ummm…….yes, Kelly threw for over 3,000 yards MULTIPLE times. Cripes.

Edited by Beast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.