Time to go on record if you honestly believe this is still a SB caliber team or even a playoff team at this point

FilthyBeast

I've been pondering this since it was posted. Wanted to gather my thoughs a bit and not post off emotion from an embarrassing home loss.

Yes, I still believe this is a playiff caliber team. The talent is there. I also still think we win the AFCE. 

I believe once the playoffs start it's a new season and if we go in health enough and in a rhythm we can make and win a Super Bowl. 

Once the playoffs start the AFC is still wide open. KC seems to be figuring things out a bit on defense. They are going to be dangerous. And if we played them I could see them wanting to show earlier this season was a fluke. 

Same could be said if we run into Tennessee or Indy or the Steelers squeek in. We will have a chip on our shoulder. Never underestimate a team playing to prove something. Pride is a wonderful motivation. 

That said, I think Tennessee has accidentally set themselves up well as the favorite. Had Henry not gotten hurt they would have run him into the ground by the playoffs. Now they will have him back fresh and ready to roll, likely with a 1st round bye. They will have Julio back by then as well. And before the season started many laughed at their defense but they have played pretty well this year lead by the development of Simmons. 

No matter the reason Buffalo has set themselves up for an uphill battle come playoff time, but I think if they can get healthy and figure out a few things between now and then there isn't a reason they can't run the table in the post season.

I do not think this is a SB team.  However, that will be decided in the playoffs.

I am 50/50 on a playoff team.  I think the only way they get in the playoffs at this point is winning the division.  And we have Pats x2  those games will decide the division IMO.  And I think they will sweep the Patriots still.  

Edited by MAJBobby

playoff team ,but we have huge issues...to win in football you have to be able to run the ball and be able to stop the run and we can't do either. We have not been able to stop the run for a few seasons now..I do not know why we have such issues running the ball though?

If the Bills can't rebound from the embarrassment of that passive, comatose performance on Sunday , our season is over. Simeon is a lower tier backup and they just got whipped by Philly,who hasn't beaten any team over 500. Sean, who's claim to fame is hard-nosed defense, should have this group breathing fire and playing smart,physical, sure tackling football. Josh, whose reputation took a beating with that stunned look on the sideline after many inaccurate, forced throws, needs to show some leadership and get deadly serious with this must win game. These guys have been put to sleep with the media's anointing them a SB lock. Sorry guys, you've been pedestrian thru 10 games against mostly bottom feeders. Time to put your big boy pants on and play dominant football. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.