11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I don't disagree.  I've already reached that conclusion.  I also think Daboll is holding the offense back with his "one size fits all" game planning.

Seems like the offense has become exposed. Good defensive teams will most likely be able to contain and or shut down the Bills attack. The blueprint is pretty obvious. Don't respect the run game and pressure Allen relentlessly. Daboll and company have made some changes and adjustments with little success. Ultimately, we the fans like to criticise the coaches, players, play calling, etc... Imho, it's becoming more clear with each game the Bills offensive line wows and lack of running game are significant. Of course, the inability to consistently stop the run as well. It's a personnel and scheme issue. Schemes, play calling, and coaching are very important. Look no further to the Patriots for that. Blelicheck is doing it again. In concluding, it seems like the Billls coaching staff are not able to adjust their game plans which utilizes the players best traits and skills. How long did it take for Brieda to get involved in the offense? Also, there is a failure at the top for the issues on both sides of the line. Clearly, the Bills brass sold out on improving the Dline at the expense of the Oline. 

Lots of football to play. Bill's still control there own destiny. Hoping things change for the better in a hurry. Perhaps my expectations of this team were unrealistic. 

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

With the amount of money and draft picks invested in the d-line, and the defense generally, they have precious little to show for it when it’s time to man up and beat a physical offense.

This is a passionless , PC CORRECT  team where no one is allowed to hold others accountable!  We will be told again, there are some plays we want back , and hey , 24 hour rule and it’s only one game!  Passion has been coached out of this team and under performing is just ignored!   Who cares if you lose because you MUST FORGET it in 24 hours and we have SO MANY MORE GAMES TO play!  Meanwhile Belicheck has a less talented , rookie lead team now ahead and in control of their own destiny !  Truly one if the worst coaching performances by a Bills team in quite a while. Another blow out loss to add to the list of those during mcds tenure. This is looking like poor talent evaluation in free agency , and lack of holding coordinators , assistant coaches responsible in a one dimensional offense and a very soft d against QUALITY  running teams.  I don’t see how anyone can still remain in denial that we will achieve our goals of home playoff games and A SB  appearance.  Josh continues to make critical mistakes unless he is playing with a lead. Herbert looks like the real deal while I am beginning to think Dabolls lack to help with any run support is resulting in Josh regressing as our record speaks to our true potential.  Time after time we see Josh take bad sacks while in possible fg position.  It’s was an embarrassment to give up 5 tds at home to THE ONE GUY WE ALL KNEW HAD TO BE CONTAINED , yet the Bills allow themselves once again to be the butt of jokes on a national stage!   Anyone really confident we beat the saints?  The pats look like a legit team as this team throws up losses to the Jags and a fairly one dimensional colts team at home!  

But hey , it’s only one game, and don’t think about it longer than 24 hours!   One thing this team has mastered, clichés!   That’s one thing that is certain to last longer than 24 hours!  😉😊

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just looked it up.  It was 3rd and 18 from the Indy 43.  Yes, that’s the point - if we could get back 10 or 12 yds we nave a makeable FG.

This kills me and I see it week after week. A team has third and long in the outskirts of FG range. The D blitzes. Instead of trying to get a few yards for a FG, the QB does a 5 step drop and gets sacked or throws a pick or whatever putting them out of FG range.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Seems like the offense has become exposed. Good defensive teams will most likely be able to contain and or shut down the Bills attack. The blueprint is pretty obvious. Don't respect the run game and pressure Allen relentlessly. Daboll and company have made some changes and adjustments with little success. Ultimately, we the fans like to criticise the coaches, players, play calling, etc... Imho, it's becoming more clear with each game the Bills offensive line wows and lack of running game are significant. Of course, the inability to consistently stop the run as well. It's a personnel and scheme issue. Schemes, play calling, and coaching are very important. Look no further to the Patriots for that. Blelicheck is doing it again. In concluding, it seems like the Billls coaching staff are not able to adjust their game plans which utilizes the players best traits and skills. How long did it take for Brieda to get involved in the offense? Also, there is a failure at the top for the issues on both sides of the line. Clearly, the Bills brass sold out on improving the Dline at the expense of the Oline. 

Lots of football to play. Bill's still control there own destiny. Hoping things change for the better in a hurry. Perhaps my expectations of this team were unrealistic. 

We have a self imposed lack of a run game. Today we had 11 hand offs to RBs for 73 yards.  North of 6.5 per carry.  We are tied for 6th in the league in YPC at 4.7.

It's not that we can't run, we choose not to.

The pass game when on works better, I get that. But it also makes us one dimensional which was our Waterloo last year. Also allows teams to do to you what Indy did this week and Jacksonville 2 weeks ago.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

This is a passionless , PC CORRECT  team where no one is allowed to hold others accountable!  We will be told again, there are some plays we want back , and hey , 24 hour rule and it’s only one game!  Passion has been coached out of this team and under performing is just ignored!   Who cares if you lose because you MUST FORGET it in 24 hours and we have SO MANY MORE GAMES TO play!  Meanwhile Belicheck has a less talented , rookie lead team now ahead and in control of their own destiny !  Truly one if the worst coaching performances by a Bills team in quite a while. Another blow out loss to add to the list of those during mcds tenure. This is looking like poor talent evaluation in free agency , and lack of holding coordinators , assistant coaches responsible in a one dimensional offense and a very soft d against QUALITY  running teams.  I don’t see how anyone can still remain in denial that we will achieve our goals of home playoff games and A SB  appearance.  Josh continues to make critical mistakes unless he is playing with a lead. Herbert looks like the real deal while I am beginning to think Dabolls lack to help with any run support is resulting in Josh regressing as our record speaks to our true potential.  Time after time we see Josh take bad sacks while in possible fg position.  It’s was an embarrassment to give up 5 tds at home to THE ONE GUY WE ALL KNEW HAD TO BE CONTAINED , yet the Bills allow themselves once again to be the butt of jokes on a national stage!   Anyone really confident we beat the saints?  The pats look like a legit team as this team throws up losses to the Jags and a fairly one dimensional colts team at home!  

But hey , it’s only one game, and don’t think about it longer than 24 hours!   One thing this team has mastered, clichés!   That’s one thing that is certain to last longer than 24 hours!  😉😊

Nailed it!  People have the nerve to compare this team to a team that had Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, James Lofton, Thurman Thomas, Darryl Talley, Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Steve Tasker & Marv Levy.

It’s hard not to laugh.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know how you could feel good about winning any of the upcoming games. This team has played like ***** since Josh slipped in Tennessee. There’s not an upcoming game in the next month that I feel good about. The playoffs are in serious question 

but Cynthia Freuland said we had a 98% chance to make playoffs before Sunday! As if we weren’t playing like sh*t and had the 7th toughest remaining schedule.

WHEN we don’t make it, hope the Bills are the reason we don’t have to look at her ridiculous “advanced stat” playoff percentages ever again.

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Nailed it!  People have the nerve to compare this team to a team that had Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, James Lofton, Thurman Thomas, Darryl Talley, Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Steve Tasker & Marv Levy.

It’s hard not to laugh.  

They didn't do anything either.

• Sad 1

We need to get tougher in the trenches. We've not gotten the best returns on our OL and DL. We just get manhandled by a more physical team.

I'm also concerned for Daboll. We ran the ball 8 times? Did I hear that right?

Edited by GreggTX

And the spirited discussion continues before we even make 7am on the East Coast.

I agree with the statements above reference passion, or the lack of it.  Sometimes you can’t get traction without friction.  The leaders on this team need to step up and lead us out of this.  

Lastly, I completely disagree with the sentiment that we need to fire coaches in season.  Nothing good would come of that.  My thought is that the NFL is a pendulum and that it swings back and forth on the style of play and specific schemes that are in vogue.  Personally, I think the game is beginning to swing back towards a balanced offensive approach as many defenses have moved to lighter pass rushers and LBers to defend the pass.  There are not a lot of thumpers left in the league due to their vulnerability in the pass game.  The league is changing and we need to as well….just not as quick as many would like.

• Like (+1) 1

Signing Sanders in retrospect may have been a mistake... not enough balls to go around, throws the rhythm of the other guys off, especially when the O line isn't good enough.  Would have been better investing in O line.... Up the middle on D line... wow they got blown of the ball, need another stud linebacker... Breida seems serviceable but running back by committee isn't working.  Injuries killed them and Colts took advantage.  Just my opinion.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

That game might have been different under a roof. Josh throwing zingers in the rain are harder to catch, same with field goals.

A lot of things could of made it different. Maybe if we took the first kickoff we would of scored first and put the pressure in them. Sadly we were down 24-7, our O only stepped on the field twice and really had no problems moving the ball until the damn penalties. I don’t know. That game just got of hand way too quick and for the most part the O was in the sidelines. 

A roof would of helped as well. Bass probably hit that late first half FG and make it more respectable at half

Edited by BananaB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.