11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Truth. He hasn’t been making the best decisions, looks almost rookieish since the bye. 

Which would makes sense...in a way Allen has been turned back into a rookie with the new types of defenses he’s seeing...so, he will have to mature all over again imo...

I think he can do it...and we have already started to see growth in the short and quick passing game...but he will have to focus on improving that aspect of his game in the offseason if this team is going to have a chance in the future...

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why? It’s all this ####### ever does. No matter what, Dabol just can’t help himself. Zero balance and just helps the defense out by being 1 dimensional 

I thought he learned from last week's results...where being under center helped Josh and the offense.  At this juncture he's just being stubborn.

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

We need our four missing players back. Avoid the injury bug and stop being dumba**es for for getting exposed sheesh.

We're obviously too thin except on DL, but even there, we have a million guys and none of them are difference makers.  Every team gets injuries, we just seem fundamentally incapable of winning unless we have 100% of our starters in

• Like (+1) 1

It’s simple.  Have said it after each loss this year. The guys on their lines today were simply physically stronger than our guys.  Our defensive front got shoved backward all day, and our O line gets pushed back or stood up far too often.  I don’t care about teaching blocking techniques, schemes, whatever.  When the guy across from you just kicks your ass because he’s stronger you’re dead.

• Agree 1

That was a very uniquely terrible performance...

The amount of things that went bad today could fill half a season...

They need to get healthy quick...Not that it's an excuse because there is zero excuse for what they did on the field today as a team...But they need everyone to have any real chance...For sure...

I also think the coaching is coming up real, real bad...No sustained answers when they are challenged with obstacles...Just really poor...Did they think Wentz was going to beat them today in the rain? Or that Reich would run it down their throats with JS repeatedly?...I know what I thought...

And WTF with the penalties?...Especially on 3rd down...Good grief...

Honestly...They need another off season these next 3 days...B-)

If I hear number one defense one more time I'm going t puke.  We can give passing teams a hard time.  If it's a running team we are in trouble and if they are a running team that plays great defense Allen will lose his mind turn the ball over 3 times.  Even not stopping the run we can still be in these games (like the Titans game).  We just aren't making the plays that are there to be made.

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

You are never as good as you look or as bad as you look.  Obviously lots to be concerned about but maybe these growing pains can get cleared up for a run in the playoffs.  Cant lose many more games though, 2 vs the Pats and one Vs TB....not easy.

To that point, once the Bills are eliminated, we can say that they're not as bad as they look

23 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

KC was their superbowl.  People don't want to hear this but the Bills can't beat good teams and they have a run of good teams ahead of them.  Let's stop talking superbowl and hope we can squeak into a WC slot.  It'll be great to go on the road to Pitt or Indy and get run all over

Its not to soon to talk about next year.  Let's gut the big contracts on the DL that are getting us nowhere and see if we can get some actual competent OL.  Maybe some of the big OL contracts need to be examined too, they're underperforming terribly. 

They need to get back to playing like they did last year. They are fully capable of beating anyone, I don't buy this narrative at all. It's mindset with this team right now.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Still cannot fathom how we let Wentz run for 25 yards on 3rd and 10 when three Bills made contact with him.

Shades of the Houston playoff games where two players knock into Watson and it somehow keeps him upright.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

They need to get back to playing like they did last year. They are fully capable of beating anyone, I don't buy this narrative at all. It's mindset with this team right now.

I’d rather them try to go back to 2019 here. Last year was just a perfect storm. It’s not sustainable. We never paid for throwing so much. No crowd noise, everything broke right for us. This offense is figured out. Go back to the under center play action. Stop putting it all on josh. Give that 2019 offense Diggs and Knox and a much better Josh Allen and that team kills this one. Forget last year. Bring it back to 19 and stop with this constant spread

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.