11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

I can only go with what it's looked like up until this point of the season.  The offseason had a weird vibe to it, and I don't think that, even with a winning record, the team can make a playoff run.  What a sucky game this was, speaking of the game itself; probably one of the worst I've seen from this team in some time.  It makes what seemed like a sky-high ceiling in 2019 and 2020 seem like an eternity ago.

Groin out

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Not yet. If we lose next week, yes. 

It’s going to be a frustrating thanksgiving. Hope my family will put up with my yelling and swearing. Lol. 

I hope they don’t get any yelling and swearing. I think we will all be much happier if they get cheering and smiles.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It's going to come down to the games against the Patriots. They need to win them both. 

Absolutely disgusting performance by the Bills. The McKenzie fumble was the turning point obviously.

Bills need a dome. 

Disagree on the turning point, it was the 3rd and 10 and we had Wentz sacked and let him get away in the series leading up to that play. Make that tackle and it’s a completely different game. … The same drive where we had them stopped and two penalties on the same play kept the drive alive.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah, i guess you can take the Pollyanna route here.  We keep seeing this same take.  Do you believe the Bills need to win again this year, or are they good as is?  They keep losing, what, 3 of 4 now?  they're in second in the division, and look to be a terrible matchup against the Pats.  Oh well, there was always last year!

I'm not being Pollyanna.  I'm being realistic.  The Bills are flawed, clearly.  They do not match well against physical teams due to the lack of physicality on both lines.  When one or two key pieces are missing, the team falls apart completely.  They are not good enough as currently built to win a Super Bowl but at this juncture, I'm not seeing anyone that's running away with either conference.  I expect the Bills will make the playoffs, not because they are so good, but the rest of the conference teams are still beatable.  They will likely finish with a lower seeding and then we'll see.  

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody played well except Diggs and Sanders. They both made all the plays that went their way.

Oline was also better than expected. The defense and McKenzie’s fumble lost this game. That McKenzie fumble might be the worst play I have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

All I want for Christmas is new offensive and defensive line coaches

For what it's worth living in Charlotte, Panthers fans could not contain their excitement when Eric Washington was no longer around. At this point I can agree with them

18 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Defense needs a rethink. We cannot stop the run against quality teams. I trust that McDermott and Fraiser can mae the necessary adjustments so we can be sucessful against quality teams.

TRUST?? I don't trust their game time management. I don't trust their player evaluation. I'm headed to therapy now. I'm having trust issues

• Haha (+1) 2

I think what’s also upsetting is that I’m getting numb to the losses like I was during the drought years. It wasn’t supposed to be like this after reaching the the AFC Championship game last year. If there was ever a time to win it all it was this year and the team dropped the ball. They’re 6-4 on a cupcake schedule, I have zero confidence they’ll actually make a run and beat good or balanced teams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills needed to score on their first drive.  They were all set to pick up another first down, and then Cody Ford did his magic, turning a promising drive into an interception.  Presto, changeo, the Bills are down 14-0.

I said recently the three things that can stop the Bills are injuries, covid, and Cody Ford.  All three stopped us today.  That, and Josh getting too wired up to hit easy crossers for first downs.

Just now, jkeerie said:

I'm not being Pollyanna.  I'm being realistic.  The Bills are flawed, clearly.  They do not match well against physical teams due to the lack of physicality on both lines.  When one or two key pieces are missing, the team falls apart completely.  They are not good enough as currently built to win a Super Bowl but at this juncture, I'm not seeing anyone that's running away with either conference.  I expect the Bills will make the playoffs, not because they are so good, but the rest of the conference teams are still beatable.  They will likely finish with a lower seeding and then we'll see.  

Expecting them to win enough games to get a WC spot is Pollyanna-ish.  Which of these games do you believe the Bills can win?

New Orleans

New England (lol)

Tampa (lllooollllll)

Carolina 

New England

Atlanta

New York

Out of those I see Atlanta and New York as probable wins.  None of the others.  winning 8 games will not get us into the playoffs.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

KC was their superbowl.  People don't want to hear this but the Bills can't beat good teams and they have a run of good teams ahead of them.  Let's stop talking superbowl and hope we can squeak into a WC slot.  It'll be great to go on the road to Pitt or Indy and get run all over

Its not to soon to talk about next year.  Let's gut the big contracts on the DL that are getting us nowhere and see if we can get some actual competent OL.  Maybe some of the big OL contracts need to be examined too, they're underperforming terribly. 

It is kind of looking like beating KC was our “Super Bowl” indeed.

I will point out, though, that every team has a tipping point where enough starters being out affects them.  I think Star and Edmunds on D and 3 backup OLmen on O may be that point for us.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wanna hear my most vicious brutal hot take? 

Tre White is overrated. 

McD and Fraiser's defense is just overrated.  The whole thing falls apart when you face a guy like Henry, or Taylor. The "bend don't break" approach doesn't work when you get broke up front whenever they want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.