11/21 Colts at Bills, Postgame Postmortem Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

There are two early games shown in Germany every Sunday. One is on television and also livestreamed, the other was livestream only.

Colts @ Bills was the livestream and television game. Packers @ Vikings was livestream only.

The game was such a blowout that at the end of the third quarter the tv game (Bills) was switched to the Packers/Vikings game and to be fair that game had a compelling and very watchable ending.

This was my first live television game of the season (without streaming) and I only got to see 3 quarters! Bills need to rebound, come on Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

I would have argued that this is the worst loss of the McD era but it wasnt. I would argue that the team looked the most unprepared it has ever looked but that isnt true either. What is undeniable is the that Bills were once again really poorly prepared for a huge game on both sides of the ball. Wow do you think the Colts were going to run the ball? I bet Frazier was shocked by this. Do the Colts have an opportunistic turnover generating secondary? I guess Daboll was shocked by this. About the only bright light was Brieda. The rest of the team was absolute garbage. 

The way this team is built it starts with the QB so Josh needs to get much better at ball security.  Next we need much much better execution and far fewer penalties.  Even with Taylor running all over us i still think we are in this game if don't turn it over multiple times and get flagged everytime we have them in 3rd down situations.

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The D line has been a massive disappointment. Just good enough to phase the MIke Whites but never good enough to affect the poised Qbs. 

Their pass rush has been consistent all season, but the run defense has been spotty. Not sure if that's on the personnel or the scheme.

Only silver linings: did not appear to be more injuries this week, Mongo is eligible to come back Thursday, Edmunds may be available, Star may be back, saints looked like doo doo too against a worse team, Kamara may not play, and we only have to discuss this ***** show for 3 days instead of 7.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know our defense got destroyed today, so is it weird that I’m more confused by the offense? That was a historically bad defensive performance, but regardless, I want to see more out of Josh. I’m as big of a fan as the next guy, but he’s our future. The defense can always be worked on and refined. I want to see more elite consistency from Allen at this point. I gave him a pass for the Jaguars debacle, but I’d like to see fewer bad games. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They don’t have that mongrel in them .. they are too finesse and not enough smash mouth… is there a coach around that can change that? 

Maybe one who will hold people accountable would be nice? We see the same mistakes week after week

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This team isn't taking their chance at winning a super bowl seriously. They thought the KC game was their super bowl. 

They need to regroup and take a good hard look in the mirror and stop all the fun and games and get back to business like last year.

KC was their superbowl.  People don't want to hear this but the Bills can't beat good teams and they have a run of good teams ahead of them.  Let's stop talking superbowl and hope we can squeak into a WC slot.  It'll be great to go on the road to Pitt or Indy and get run all over

Its not to soon to talk about next year.  Let's gut the big contracts on the DL that are getting us nowhere and see if we can get some actual competent OL.  Maybe some of the big OL contracts need to be examined too, they're underperforming terribly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.