LOL Harrison Phillips

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I've pretty much gone through these last 2 seasons under the impression that this Defense is more finesse than physical. Playing an "opportunistic" style that hopes and succeeds in creating turnovers. Whether it's mentality or scheme to me is unknown. Games like KC in the AFCCG and Pitt, Tenn and Jax this season. These teams have imposed a physicality on our offense at the beginning of games and I feel our D did not match it. Jax doesn't produce offensively so our D looked good. Coincidentally we've lost all of them. This is the main reason NE concerns me. They punch you in the mouth quickly and if you buckle, they sense it and the feeding frenzy begins. They need to stop looking to the refs for flags like crybabies and smack'em back harder. Let them know the Bills are not pinatas. I know it's a little bonkers to knock one of if not the top defense in the league. It's more about how other defenses approach our offense. I'd like to see this D send a message to opposing offenses when they get a little chippy and aggressive.

Some people just get so unbelievably opinionated about things that they have only watched and never actually done themselves.  Yeah I’m calling you out.  This is typical beer-swilling bravado.  There’s so much more to NFL strategy than you will ever come close to understanding.  But you want to sound so frigging smart, don’t you?

You don’t know jack. You’re just the kind of idiot I would love to hear spouting off with your dumb mouth at a bar while I’m there.  You think you’re some kind of genius or something.  Until you look over and see someone like me about to shut you up.  Then you sit the F down and finally shut your yap.  

Sorry for being so forward.  I’m just so tired of arm-chair know- it-alls like you trying to impress everyone with your BS.  Save it for someone who gives a F.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Asked about the Colts being a more physical team, football being a physical game, and what it means to be more physical in the game of football:

"There are some teams where you can play 40 snaps but feel fine after the game, vs another game you might play 15 snaps and it feels like you got hit by a truck and that's just kind of the difference in the run scheme and the combo blocks that you can see....I'm sure it's gonna be one of those games where you wake up Monday morning and you're a little sore, but that's a great thing, great feeling"

Reporter: "You don't want to feel like you've been hit by a truck"

Phillips: "No you do, that's a good thing, Yeah"

Reporter: "Can you explain why that's a good thing, why that's what you want?"
Phillips: "It makes you feel alive, you definitely know you had a physical game, and that's something we pride ourselves on, being the tip of the spear for our defense, and if that means getting double teamed by 330 pound dudes that's what it means"

Huh.  There may be more to Phillips than being nice to differently abled kids after all.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/levi-wallace-and-harrison-phillips-next-man-up-mentality

That's not how I'd want to spend my Sunday,  or any day for that matter. I'd much prefer to play football. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

11 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

You don’t know jack. You’re just the kind of idiot I would love to hear spouting off with your dumb mouth at a bar while I’m there.  You think you’re some kind of genius or something.  Until you look over and see someone like me about to shut you up.  Then you sit the F down and finally shut your yap.  

Sorry for being so forward.  

I love this place....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Some people just get so unbelievably opinionated about things that they have only watched and never actually done themselves.  Yeah I’m calling you out.  This is typical beer-swilling bravado.  There’s so much more to NFL strategy than you will ever come close to understanding.  But you want to sound so frigging smart, don’t you?

You don’t know jack.

😆 Well then, I take it you don't agree. Please explain for the class what strategy concepts you're referring to from your apparent playing career for the rest of Sunday drunkards since you're so intellectually superior. 😏

I never questioned the schemes that are employed, they are statistically a top D.  I just questioned the physicality of the unit when opposition gets chippy. 

I've followed this team and football since "81 so I'd like to think I know a little more than this Jack character you mention. 

Sensitivity training maybe an option here. I knew this post might ruffle a few feathers but dang dude you brought it pretty irate. I guess this is where you'd tell this beer swilling know it all you'd kick my ass if you weren't behind a computer keyboard😤

Cool👍 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Sorry for being so forward.  I’m just so tired of arm-chair know- it-alls like you trying to impress everyone with your BS.  Save it for someone who gives a F.

So, in real life you’re 5’2” tall weigh in at 127 pounds, and rarely leave your parents basement,  I’m doing this right, right? 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

Without Star, this is Phillip's most important game to date. The Bills really have their backs against the wall missing Star, Brown, Feliciano and probably Tremaine....playing a very good football team.

Missing Brown, Feliciano, Star And Tremaine kind of guts our team.

Phillips can really help us get a W this week.

Not sure what we're going to do with our O-line....

4 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Horrible Harry is a Stanford graduate with a double major in Sociology and Science, Technology and Society. You Sir, have very high standards.

Lmao...it was from an Adam Sandler movie...I think Mr Deeds...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

😆 Well then, I take it you don't agree. Please explain for the class what strategy concepts you're referring to from your apparent playing career for the rest of Sunday drunkards since you're so intellectually superior. 😏

I never questioned the schemes that are employed, they are statistically a top D.  I just questioned the physicality of the unit when opposition gets chippy. 

I've followed this team and football since "81 so I'd like to think I know a little more than this Jack character you mention. 

Sensitivity training maybe an option here. I knew this post might ruffle a few feathers but dang dude you brought it pretty irate. I guess this is where you'd tell this beer swilling know it all you'd kick my ass if you weren't behind a computer keyboard😤

Cool👍 

Blah, blah, blah...

As a fellow Bills fan, I do regret getting so "chippy"  but  I strongly recommend you take your lumps and move on.

And do not mistake me for one of those "behind the computer keyboard" chumps. 

That would be a serious mistake.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Blah, blah, blah...

As a fellow Bills fan, I do regret getting so "chippy"  but  I strongly recommend you take your lumps and move on.

And do not mistake me for one of those "behind the computer keyboard" chumps. 

That would be a serious mistake.

Lumps? Don't think so bud. You want to debate this? I can hold my own on any topic you wish to discuss. And I can do it without insulting or trying to intimidate anyone. You want to play the tough guy on a message board? Cool!

You could be an ex Navy Seal with a 3rd degree black belt (though those types never brag) and you know what it means. Absolutely Zero!

Spewing that nonsense online just makes you look foolish. You know, like some kid in his parents basement yelling for more meatloaf while playing FortNite. 

I too regret it came to this but man did you come in scorched earth or what!

It was an opinion, nothing more. Agree or disagree. Express why, preferably in a civil manner and move on.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Lumps? Don't think so bud. You want to debate this? I can hold my own on any topic you wish to discuss. And I can do it without insulting or trying to intimidate anyone. You want to play the tough guy on a message board? Cool!

You could be an ex Navy Seal with a 3rd degree black belt (though those types never brag) and you know what it means. Absolutely Zero!

Spewing that nonsense online just makes you look foolish. You know, like some kid in his parents basement yelling for more meatloaf while playing FortNite. 

I too regret it came to this but man did you come in scorched earth or what!

It was an opinion, nothing more. Agree or disagree. Express why, preferably in a civil manner and move on.

Seriously bud,  just back off now.  And BTW, I'm an ex Army MP.  Not to toot my own horn, but you have no idea what it's like to drag career Infantrymen out of bars in El Paso, Lawton Ok, or anywhere else at 3 a.m., among other things I've done.  I may have overstepped my manners here, but it's time to call it a night and move on.  Enough with the "behind the computer" BS.  I am definitely not that guy. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Seriously bud,  just back off now.  And BTW, I'm an ex Army MP.  Not to toot my own horn, but you have no idea what it's like to drag career Infantrymen out of bars in El Paso, Lawton Ok, or anywhere else at 3 a.m., among other things I've done.  I may have overstepped my manners here, but it's time to call it a night and move on.  Enough with the "behind the computer" BS.  I am definitely not that guy. 

Thank you for your service.

Retired Law Enforcement. Served 21 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Thank you for your service.

Retired Law Enforcement. Served 21 years.

New found respect sir.  Thank you for your service and please forgive my bad manners.  Personally I don't know why civilian police officers don't the same "Thank ou for Your Service" as well.  I'll take my lumps now.  I think we'll both get along better now.

Go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 3

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I've pretty much gone through these last 2 seasons under the impression that this Defense is more finesse than physical. Playing an "opportunistic" style that hopes and succeeds in creating turnovers. Whether it's mentality or scheme to me is unknown. Games like KC in the AFCCG and Pitt, Tenn and Jax this season. These teams have imposed a physicality on our offense at the beginning of games and I feel our D did not match it. Jax doesn't produce offensively so our D looked good. Coincidentally we've lost all of them. This is the main reason NE concerns me. They punch you in the mouth quickly and if you buckle, they sense it and the feeding frenzy begins. They need to stop looking to the refs for flags like crybabies and smack'em back harder. Let them know the Bills are not pinatas. I know it's a little bonkers to knock one of if not the top defense in the league. It's more about how other defenses approach our offense. I'd like to see this D send a message to opposing offenses when they get a little chippy and aggressive.

I read this and I kind of wonder what games you've been watching, in general.

I don't know what the defensive plan was in the AFCCG.  It was a plan where you lose your hat - a Bad Plan.  We also wore down in the 2nd half of the Tennessee game and were so focused on stopping Henry (which we did, barring that one long run) that we couldn't stop them on any possession.  So those are valid points for "finesse" I guess. 

If you look at the Pitts boxscore, they were pretty well shut down.

In general, the Bills defense has been playing hard and physical this year.  They've been swarming to the ball.  Guys don't just get hit by one tackler, they get hit by 2 or 3.  I can hear them hit on the TV.  Many of our turnovers are not finesse turnovers.  That fumble recovered by Hyde?  There was nothing finesse about that.  That was a straight up smack-down pigskin larceny.

We're not limiting teams to 3.8 ypa (#3) rushing by being "finesse".  We're not leading the league in QB hurry % and pressure % and top-10 in QB knockdown % while being near the bottom (27) in blitz % because "finesse".  We're first in YAC allowed because teams are "imposing a physicality" we aren't matching.

I don't see us crying for flags on D.  The crying I see (sometimes) is us being flagged for just, you know, "doing our job".  Tre White in particular gets no respect. 

And yes, it's bonkers to knock one of the top defenses in the league. 

I do think it's a fair point that we haven't been as consistent as I'd like to see on D.  I feel like sometimes we get "up" for a game and then let up the next week.  So that's a point the coaches and player leaders are hopefully addressing.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I have never been hit by a truck so I can't relate

Must hurt

I once got hit by and then run over by my own Subaru which I was trying to stop with only my body. And to be honest, afterwards, lying there bloody and bashed, chest heaving, looking up at the clouds and blue sky, I felt VERY alive. 

Does that count?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.