Showing Id to get into game

The Tomcat

4 minutes ago, driddles said:

Canadian here, finally getting to cross the border for Sunday's game.  How early do you need to be in line to get into the stadium for kickoff?  The Bill's say gates open at 11 for 1pm games, any idea when the line really forms?

I went in for the opener at 1145 and waited for about 10 minutes to get through vax check (then ticket line is quick as usual)

I started going in later and later, went in at 12:20 last game and waited only a few minutes. It also depends on what gate at what time, its kind of a crap shoot. But I would say you would be safe going in as late as you want honestly. Local radio guys talk about going in at 1245 and walking right in. 

Bottom line: dont sweat it, go in like you would normally go in pre-covid.

Be loud AF

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, driddles said:

Canadian here, finally getting to cross the border for Sunday's game.  How early do you need to be in line to get into the stadium for kickoff?  The Bill's say gates open at 11 for 1pm games, any idea when the line really forms?

I’ve been in line around 1230 for last two games and gotten in within about 10 minutes no problem. Lines look long but have been moving fast. My experience so far has been a quick flash of my phone using the clear app and business as usual. 

• Like (+1) 1

The check in the line is cursory, but there is a random secondary spot check for some once they get in stadium 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/about-1-of-bills-fans-referred-to-secondary-review-for-vaccination-proof-at-highmark-stadium/article_eb5b1ef0-2217-11ec-b679-bf3347823b9d.html

If individuals were referred to secondary inspection, health inspectors would ask to see people's personal identification. If individuals had no proof, but were willing to let the health inspector check their vaccination status against the New York State vaccination database, they were verified and allowed entry, Burstein said. Otherwise, they had to leave.

Burstein said that of the five people who were ultimately refused stadium entry, one was a man who attempted to pass off his brother's vaccination card as his own. 

Also esp if it is raining would recommend doing the app.  My nephew brought his card to the 10/3 game in the rain and it later disintegrated in his pocket (granted most people would take better care of it by why even worry about it if you can use the app)

Edited by stevewin

50 minutes ago, driddles said:

Went to the WFT and Texans games and it was pretty quick to get in. No real change. Its a quick view of your card and move on

18 minutes ago, Heitz said:

FWIW:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announce-stadium-vaccination-policy-in-compliance-with-ecdoh-directive

Says you need a physical card, seems shortsighted on rainy and snowy days!  Most places here in VT accept a photo, but so it goes...

:beer:

Or the excelsior app, which I use. works great

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Heitz said:

FWIW:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announce-stadium-vaccination-policy-in-compliance-with-ecdoh-directive

Says you need a physical card, seems shortsighted on rainy and snowy days!  Most places here in VT accept a photo, but so it goes...

You can use one of the apps and create a digital card. 

I’ve got season tickets and barely been checked. Typically I have my card folded in the back of my phone case which is see through, I haven’t even had to take it out of my phone case yet let alone getting my ID checked.

I wouldn’t worry about anything, especially if you actually are backed. Just bring your card/app and you’ll be fine. 

I didn’t see, but heard from a friend that a few people in line in front of him bribed a guard to get in without the card. 

Safe to say, you’re fine. It’s no hassle and barely slows the gates down. 

3 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

For those who have gone to the game.

Are they scanning vaccination cards or how are they double checking to see if your vaccinated?  Double checking drivers license?

Interested if they will become a bit more laxed before the Monday night game.  You cant tell me everyone in the stadium is vaccinated I don't believe it.

Go Bills!!!!

I just show my VA vax doc and ret. mil id and roll on in. Same for my bro who served so I can’t honestly answer because I just do it automatic to do my small part to keep the line moving. Just be ready to show it all and you wont have to worry.

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

FWIW:

No, you don't need the physical card, you can use the Excelsior app if you were vaxxed in NYS OR you can use the Clear app if vaxxed elsewhere.

Also from the US CDC, clarity that "Any Combination of Two Doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO-listed vaccine will be recognized as "Fully Vaccinated", along with 1 dose of J&J."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.