Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)

YoloinOhio

Well, I called that with 2 posts on the 19 th in this thread.  Knew most likely Brown lied again and that it was implausible 100% of the Bucs were immunized.  Also called that his statement released about missing time because of his “ ankle” was most likely a cover until the investigation results came out.  ( disclaimer, not politically related, just discussing this related to gaining a competitive advantage in the postseason , nothing related to Covid disease, just breaking NFL rules.  Taking the vax is between a person and dr relationship , committing felonies has been discussed on here related to football before. This is a football participation discussion). 

What continues to amaze me is on the pregame show on the NFL NETWORK, Glazer reports Browns et Al suspension for  THREE regular season games.   Kurt, the host ,remarks that the FBI did state this was a felony , which is true and I stated that on the 19 th when warnings went out to Drs that faking info on cards was a felony and could result in license revocation or fines etc.  RIGHT AFTER SAYING it was a felony , Kurt cuts to Strahan  and asks his opinion how this will affect the Bucs chance to do what they are still after !  Without batting a lash, Strahan , says no, Brown should take “ the time to rest and get his ankle healthy “ so he is ready down the road!  Do they not understand the word FELONY,,,,or is it just a way of NFL life that allows / rewards Brown w rest prior to the playoffs!? 

Why suspend this admitted criminal ( no argument he purchased the cards etc) for regular season games at this point in his career ? Want to send a real message with teeth Goodall? Allow him to play the regular season games but make him ineligible for or suspended for three or the entirety of postseason play!  The only thing that matters to these guys ( 3 game checks mean nothing now to this vet type player) , is another ring or chance to play in a SB with all the PR surrounding it.  Plus , why does the team get zero penalty for allowing this to happen ?  

Those cards were by rule to have been validated.  It’s not like it was some infinite amount of cards to validate; it’s 100 cards or less.  So once again , the NFL ignores the big picture of players committing felonies , but hey , let’s be sure they can still have the roster they want if they get to ths SB!   Making the guys who used the fake cards ineligible for post season play would properly add some punishment and accountability for the negligent Bucs organization.  This is not political , it’s a football issue. Is it fair to allow guys who committed felonies to “ rest up” for the playoffs , actually gaining a competitive advantage, when they violated NFL ( and FBI ) rules?  Isn’t this similar to some things like the Pats have done on their way to “SB” titles?  
Maybe the FBI  will step in ( unlikely given the time frame etc) , but suspending a guy who can’t play with an ankle issue anyhow just does not seem like the penalty fits the crime ( plus, we all have seen the laundry list of crimes Brown has been associated with posted in this thread, so when is enough, enough with this guy?) Are the Bucs now becoming the new PATS; get them to the SB no matter what ? Do you guys believe this is fair , esp to other teams who followed the rules or were transparent ?  😉🧐

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol

AB not wanting to be a distraction is about as laughable as is gets 🤣

If he was actually vaccinated, it would be super easy for him to prove and win his appeal. He’s not eating 3 games worth of salary because he’s innocent and AB doesn’t want to be a distraction. There’s no doubt he used a fake vaccine card.

But he may actually be vaccinated now. My guess as to what most likely happened is he used a fake vaccine card then when his personal chef spilled the beans he ran and got vaccinated for real. 

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With all those soccer players just dropping to the turf can you blame Brown or Rodgers.

The soccer players who were mostly unsymptomatic or had mild symptoms? 

When the new variant was developed precisely in a country with very low vaccination rates, which are said to be the most likely facilitator in the development of new variants?

Yup. I certainly can blame them. I can't understand those who don't.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

The issue is he lied and does put others at risk.  Vaccinated players have a different schedule of testing and different access in the building unmasked I believe.

Wonder what other players feel about this?  Sitting in meetings with a player that faked his vaccination status.  Puts them at risk.

Honestly, deserves a larger suspension and fine.  And team should be fined if they are complicit if they knew his true status through their internal investigation, or if they didn’t do their due diligence when the story came out.  Don’t care if it’s the Jags or Bucs, any player and any team should face stiff penalties if caught forging vax status.  I would lose my job if caught with a fake vax card.

Edited by davefan66
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4

Why is this guy still allowed in the NFL? This only goes to show that there is a complete lack character and integrity in anyone willing to employ Antonio Brown. Why am I not surprised it is with the team with Brady on it....

Should have been suspended for life...

It is a little confusing to me in that Rodgers was crafty subtly using immunized vs. vaccinated (wordsmithing the topic).  The real question to me is how did the team not know he wasn’t vaccinated?  It is very clear in medical device sales.  In order for us to receive our tier 1 status for clearance into the Operating Room, we have to submit a significant amount of documentation to enter the hospital.  What I mean is of the many with MMR, Varicella, and yes Covid 19, I had to submit to a third party site my FEMA vaccination card.  This is not a Covid discussion, but simply it’s pretty cut and dry.  No FEMA vacc. Card, no entry into the OR.  No declination allowed.

So if each NFL team is responsible for the mutually agreed NFL policy agreed by both the league and the union, then Rodger should’ve provided a vacc. Card.  If not, then he should’ve followed the unvaccinated. Policy with masks, daily testing, etc.

Brown and the Safety for the Bucs just flat out were deceitful with forged vacc. cards.  I don’t know why Rodgers flagrantly breaking the rules for two thirds of the season, and how the Packers allowed this deception is beyond me.  Why wasn’t he suspended if that occurred.  I don’t get it as both are deceptions.

The funny part is down here the local news reported both Bucs players are now fully vacc.  BA is so over being asked about it and quite short with the NFL.  Yesterday, he basically said they are focused on a divisional opponent, and their status as players for this team will be addressed in three weeks, and I’m done talking about it.  My favorite coach is of course McD for what he has done for Buffalo, and his unwavering philosophy and beliefs in culture, but BA is second.  The guy is no nonsense with his players, the media, and he wasn’t even skittish to call out Brady last year when he was play was mediocre.

Brady is going to have to do a real lobby job to keep Brown.  There is no mistaking who has the final say in Tampa in BA.

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

How do you suspend Brown but not Rodgers?

Why ask this question about Rogers but not Beasley and Mckenzie? Breaking protocol is a fine. Beasley and Mckenzie were warned multiple times before being fined. 

Brown submitted false documents. Very different from breaking mask protocol. I swear the whole Brown vs Rogers talk shows how easily social media can shape a false narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It is a little confusing to me in that Rodgers was crafty subtly using immunized vs. vaccinated (wordsmithing the topic).  The real question to me is how did the team not know he wasn’t vaccinated?  It is very clear in medical device sales.  In order for us to receive our tier 1 status for clearance into the Operating Room, we have to submit a significant amount of documentation to enter the hospital.  What I mean is of the many with MMR, Varicella, and yes Covid 19, I had to submit to a third party site my FEMA vaccination card.  This is not a Covid discussion, but simply it’s pretty cut and dry.  No FEMA vacc. Card, no entry into the OR.  No declination allowed.

So if each NFL team is responsible for the mutually agreed NFL policy agreed by both the league and the union, then Rodger should’ve provided a vacc. Card.  If not, then he should’ve followed the unvaccinated. Policy with masks, daily testing, etc.

The Packers knew that Rodgers was unvaccinated.   They even tried to get him an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on his home brewed treatments.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why ask this question about Rogers but not Beasley and Mckenzie? Breaking protocol is a fine. Beasley and Mckenzie were warned multiple times before being fined. 

Brown submitted false documents. Very different from breaking mask protocol. I swear the whole Brown vs Rogers talk shows how easily social media can shape a false narrative.

Isn't the difference that Rodgers lied about his status and the others were up front about not being vaccinated?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Isn't the difference that Rodgers lied about his status and the others were up front about not being vaccinated?

Rodgers didn't lie. And there is no rule against lying to fans and media, media took him saying immunized as vaccinated. Mckenzie also tweeted he was vaccinated when he wasn't.

I never actually heard anything about Rogers and covid until he got it. When they showed the clip of him saying immunized I asked myself why didn't anyone dig deeper at the time. Truth is he never had to tell anyone anything. Only the NFL needed his true status.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.