Bills Defense is Legendary??

bigduke6

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Except you know they lead the league or are at the top of the league in pressure rate while only 5 teams have blitzed less than the Bills 19.7%

Blitz % 19.7 (6th lowest)

Hurry % 16 (1st)

Pressure %  30.6 (1st)

If you like PFF which I don't they have the Bills 

Pressure rate: 48.9% (No. 3)

Quick pressure rate: 28.2% (No. 1)

Hey now! Let’s not go putting facts in here! Some people have made up their minds already!  :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills can just get the Offense back to what they were doing last year this team can go very far ! It always seems that is the 1 thing the Bills can't do is get both sides of the ball playing well .

If they can just continue with what they got restarted this past week against the Jets this could be a legendary season !! GO BILLS !!! 

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

You realize QB pressure is not an official NFL stat, but hey now, don’t let that little fact get in the way. 

So then what?  Its a sack or nothing happened?  Top stat sights have a pressure stat/hurries/hits type of stat.  Just because NFL.com doesnt have one...

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So then what?  Its a sack or nothing happened?  Top stat sights have a pressure stat/hurries/hits type of stat.  Just because NFL.com doesnt have one...

I’d been all in favor of seeing what is the result of all these pressures.  % of passes completed and for how many yards 

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Still think it's somewhat of a hollow accomplishment given where KC/Mahomes were when we played them and where they are now and sadly we probably lose against the Chiefs 8 out of 10 times if we played them again.

This is why aside from the Patriots, the Chiefs are going to be the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs and are still reigning AFC champs until they are eliminated.

Mahomes MVP QB

say it again MVP QB

say it one more time MVP QB

Mc & Cheesy won 5 games.  
Pssss so did Tim Tebow 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's 1. Tennessee is the other.  The next best scoring Offense they faced is WFT at #20.  The rest (Steelers #26, MIA 28, Jets 27, Jags 31 and Houston32)--every D has been T-ing off on.

I wanted to post Tenny 

but the 20+ points they scored held me back.  

what people forget is even the best of the best are never 100% all the time 

30 minutes ago, BTB said:

I’d been all in favor of seeing what is the result of all these pressures.  % of passes completed and for how many yards 

How about leading the league in interceptions with 15, more than double the league average. Is that real enough for you? I’d rather have the ball back than get a 7 yards sack. 

Edited by Augie

29 minutes ago, BTB said:

You can easily look that up but its not on the "official NFL.com" site.

NFL Team Opponent Average Team Passer Rating

1 Buffalo 60.7 

2 New England 75.7 

3 Green Bay 82.4 

4 Dallas 82.7 

5 Denver 83.1 

6 Carolina 85.2 

7 LA Rams 86.0 

8 New Orleans 86.5

9 Arizona 87.0

10 Minnesota 87.0

NFL Team Opponent Passing Yards per Game

1 Carolina 173.7

2 Buffalo 190.2 

3 Green Bay 202.7

4 LA Chargers 206.0 

5 Arizona 206.4 

6 San Francisco 208.7 

7 Denver 218.3 

8 New England 220.1

9 Pittsburgh 225.9

10 Chicago 226.1

There is the top 10 in both categories.  As you can see the Bills are league leaders in pass defense.  I will also add they lead the league in interceptions with 15 and played less games then some.  Interceptions a lot of times have to do with QB pressure.  Yes our backfield also takes credit for this too but thats why its a team sport.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They are first place in their division and have only one more loss than the Bills despite playing one more game and a far more difficult schedule. They aren't the team they were the last few seasons but they don't suck. 

They’re no Colts Pats Titans or Bucs on offense 

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How is our defense blamed in the loss of the Steelers?  We gave up 17 points.

We have held every single team except the Titans below their season average....many of them very below which includes the Chiefs.

Those 17 points felt super lucky too on the Steelers part…Ben was just lobbing balls up and his receivers made every ridiculous play  possible 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Mahomes MVP QB

say it again MVP QB

say it one more time MVP QB

Mc & Cheesy won 5 games.  
Pssss so did Tim Tebow 

I wanted to post Tenny 

but the 20+ points they scored held me back.  

what people forget is even the best of the best are never 100% all the time 

True.  But most of the teams the Bills D has faced have been abused by every other D in a similar fashion.  

8 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

saw this,  thought id pass it along.   was an interesting read and tbh i had no idea we were tops in pressures due to the fact that we seem to rarely get home with it.

Go Bills!!!  :)

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/11/18/22787878/buffalo-bills-defense-stats-numbers-feature

I’ll let you know on February 13, 2022 if the Bills are a legendary defense or not. Impossible for anyone to proclaim this before that date. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

You completely missed my point. I have no problem with our defense. They are playing AMAZING football. I love them!

I have a problem with the use of the word “legendary” after one half of one season (as I clearly pointed out above). I’m think some (a few) people are pointing to negatives, with some valid points, but also some  just inherently negative people. I’m not one of them. In fact, I’m often accused of being the opposite. I think most people, like myself, just object to the hyperbole that is the use of the word “legendary”. Nine games does not make a football legend. 

I stand corrected.  Probably would help if I read more carefully.  My bad.  In my defense my soon-to-be ex wife was pissing me off earlier.  Apologies for taking it out on you all here.  After all,  the Bills are like therapy for me right now.  Seriously 

• Like (+1) 1

Our defense is good, but look at the QB's we've faced: Roethlesberger, Tua, Heinike, Mills, Mahomes, Tannehill, Tua, Lawrence and White. Not a very impressive list other than Mahomes. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate them an 8. Give us a Vita Vea and a TJ Watt clone and a probowl worthy CB 2 and we're legendary. The last time this team had a legit 'legendary' defense was in 1965.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.