Bills Defense is Legendary??

bigduke6

Everyone looks at sacks, but if you create high pressure and play excellent coverage you create a recipe to force turnovers...which the Bills lead on, by a hilariously large margin. Granted a bulk of those turnovers came at the hands of Davis Mills, Taylor Heinecke and Mike $#&*(@ White, but turnovers are still turnovers.

What's better...a sack or a turnover? I would argue the latter.

This is a championship caliber defense, on the same level as the 2015 Broncos just from the eye test.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think this second half of the season will say more about this D, to many easy teams this first 9 with bad QB's!

Still i like the fact this D played great up to this point!

I think Ranch Dubois, chill charlie!, Mellow Mike, do-Dad, Pimple Pete, Chucho Calderón, Ramadam Steve, Right Dude Here, McNuggs, Stephany Nuggs, Bangkok Dangerous, Lady Godiva, and even Simple Simon, would all agree .

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

A "legendary" defense wouldn't allow the Titans to do whatever they wanted.

Or lose to the Steelers either.

Certainly can't blame them for the Jags game though since they did their part and held them to 9 total points.

I've said many times this team is great as a collective unit and sum of parts, but still think against other solid teams they falter at times because of not having a true star in the front seven.

Also despite all the numbers about pressure this team is generating we've moved towards the bottom of the league in sacks basically average 1.5 per game and that shouldn't be the case at this point of the season especially against so many rookies/poor QB's on the schedule that other defense have feasted on.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

I am in no way comparing our defense to the 85 Bears...but that legendary defense got lit up by Marino in their sole loss of the 85 season.  Again, not drawing a comparison between defenses but rather just pointing out that even arguably the best defense of all time had a down game.  It happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Or lose to the Steelers either.

Certainly can't blame them for the Jags game though since they did their part and held them to 9 total points.

I've said many times this team is great as a collective unit and sum of parts, but still think against other solid teams they falter at times because of not having a true star in the front seven.

Also despite all the numbers about pressure this team is generating we've moved towards the bottom of the league in sacks basically average 1.5 per game and that shouldn't be the case at this point of the season especially against so many rookies/poor QB's on the schedule that other defense have feasted on.

How is our defense blamed in the loss of the Steelers?  We gave up 17 points.

We have held every single team except the Titans below their season average....many of them very below which includes the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Was thinking of a thread like this last night. 

Some crazy things about this defense.  We have more than double the number of int (15) than we do TDs through the air (6); 58% completion percent overall!; I dont think Tre White has given up a TD; Jordan poyer has given up like 20 yards of YAC all season.  I am honestly surprised we are allowing an average of more than 200 ypg through the air.  

I think we are probably not appreciating the play of this defense.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

We have a very good defense with guys who have been playing it together for several seasons now, especially on the back end, and they can complete each other’s sentences at this point. That said, while they’re a good defense, I’d hardly classify them as a dominant defense. I’m not sure that kind of defense exists anymore. 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

hmmm 

i guess  KC sucks right?

Still think it's somewhat of a hollow accomplishment given where KC/Mahomes were when we played them and where they are now and sadly we probably lose against the Chiefs 8 out of 10 times if we played them again.

This is why aside from the Patriots, the Chiefs are going to be the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs and are still reigning AFC champs until they are eliminated.

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Still think it's somewhat of a hollow accomplishment given where KC/Mahomes were when we played them and where they are now and sadly we probably lose against the Chiefs 8 out of 10 times if we played them again.

This is why aside from the Patriots, the Chiefs are going to be the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs and are still reigning AFC champs until they are eliminated.

Before playing the Bills, the Chiefs scored 42, 24, 35 and 33 points.  That's 33.3 ppg.  

Their defense is what was losing them games, not the offense.  We stopped their offense.

In their last 4, they scored 41, 13, 20 and 3.  That's 19.2 ppg.

So now the Chiefs are tougher and would beat us 80%s of the time?  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Before playing the Bills, the Chiefs scored 42, 24, 35 and 33 points.  That's 33.3 ppg.  

Their defense is what was losing them games, not the offense.  We stopped their offense.

In their last 4, they scored 41, 13, 20 and 3.  That's 19.2 ppg.

So now the Chiefs are tougher and would beat us 80%s of the time?  

Yeah but that info doesn't fit the narrative of his crusade, so you probably should just leave that out of here. 

post-25038-0-92048700-1488503491_thumb.png

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

The defense came thru.  If JA had not slipped it would be a W.  What else they supposed to do? 

30 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Wow the Patriots scare you this much ha?  They beat the Jets Browns Chargers and Panthers on their win streak.  Seems like hollow accomplishments. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

hmmm 

i guess  KC sucks right?

That's 1. Tennessee is the other.  The next best scoring Offense they faced is WFT at #20.  The rest (Steelers #26, MIA 28, Jets 27, Jags 31 and Houston32)--every D has been T-ing off on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How is our defense blamed in the loss of the Steelers?  We gave up 17 points.

We have held every single team except the Titans below their season average....many of them very below which includes the Chiefs.

Oh cmon, let him live in his own delusion! 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.