Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We are serious contenders…..when our OL is at its best.  

Could say that aboit another 10 yeams in the league. 

"Under perfect situations we are a contender"

However, we no longer live in perfect situations. In addition to normal injuries we also live in COVIDland now. To come into the season that paper thin at crucial spots is irresponsible for teams that are making a Super Bowl run. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  So does that mean that if you lose a starting RT, the season will collapse?

You're making it sound like losing Brown is like losing Allen.

No , just responding to everyone saying that we shouldn't be depending on a rookie for the season. I'm saying his experience doesn't matter. If you lose any starting OL you're going to have problems. Very few teams have good OL depth

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Man I sure hope he can be cleared to play by Sunday. Bills need him desperately.

If he’s vaccinated he has a chance. If not, unfortunately we know for sure he’s out for (at least) the next 2 games (10 days from today, minimum).

I don’t that’s possible unless it was a false positive.  It seems like COVID lasts for around 7-10 days.  If he was negative Sunday, contracted COVID Tuesday, and tested positive on Wednesday, that leaves just Thursday and Friday.  He would need to test negative on Saturday morning and then Sunday morning.  

I don’t think 2 days is enough time…and he’s probably not feeling great either.  This is if he IS vaccinated which we don’t know 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You say collapse like we walk in every week Kings of the Castle and easily crush every team. We've done it a couple times, but we also just lost to the Jags. Who kows which Bills team shows up week to week. It's any given Sunday in this league, and having your starting RT out hurts any team.

It does hurt but if you're a good team, you don't let this position cripple your offense.

Some people are acting like we just lost Allen.  One poster said losing Brown means we will get blown out....he's not that critical.  We won games without Brown starting as well.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A good team doesn't collapse because one rookie RT doesn't start.  If we aren't good enough to overcome a rookie RT loss, then this team is really in trouble.

Depth is not what it was in the 80's and 90's.  In the salary cap world, any team misses a quality starter.  When you are missing one at a critical position that you are thin at, you miss him that much more.  Does that equal collapse?  I doubt it, but his absence will be felt.  First year player or not, he has become a player that this team counts on.  I am looking forward to seeing how Dabol adjusts.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It does hurt but if you're a good team, you don't let this position cripple your offense.

Some people are acting like we just lost Allen.  One poster said losing Brown means we will get blown out....he's not that critical.  We won games without Brown starting as well.

We basically did lose Allen if Cody Ford is the answer. Josh will be running for his damn life. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

No , just responding to everyone saying that we shouldn't be depending on a rookie for the season. I'm saying his experience doesn't matter. If you lose any starting OL you're going to have problems. Very few teams have good OL depth

I agree but a RT isn't a critical position IMO.

We are still a better team than the Colts.

1 minute ago, cwater10 said:

Depth is not what it was in the 80's and 90's.  In the salary cap world, any team misses a quality starter.  When you are missing one at a critical position that you are thin at, you miss him that much more.  Does that equal collapse?  I doubt it, but his absence will be felt.  First year player or not, he has become a player that this team counts on.  I am looking forward to seeing how Dabol adjusts.

I don't consider RT a critical position.

QB, DE, LT, CB, CB, DT, WR are much more critical than RT.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We lost games against Pittsburgh and the Jags without Brown starting.

We won games against Miami (x2) and Washington without Brown starting.

To be fair, we lost a game against Tennessee where he started, where having him let a guy blow past him caused an INT as Allen's arm was hit as he threw

And we won games against Houston and the Jets as well as KC with him

So I would say him starting is a "mixed bag"

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  So does that mean that if you lose a starting RT, the season will collapse?

You're making it sound like losing Brown is like losing Allen.

I think what you’re discounting is the chain reaction. It essentially puts us down 2 starters. We’re now dealing with backups along the whole right side because Williams kicks out as the backup RT and then guard needs replaced with whatever abomination they put in. It’s not just the typical plug and play. 

I agree that good teams overcome it but it’s not as simple as just losing one position. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Agree 1