Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, nucci said:

you still need good linemen to run a screen play

In an ideal scenario, yes, you'd have five good linemen blocking for a screen play.  However, as things happen (like the subject of this thread), you work within the confines of what you have available.  Running more screens and quick passes helps to compensate for a line that can't hold pass protection for a typical longer-developing pass play.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Did you watch Doyle’s rep from the Jets game.  He got destroyed easily by Shaq Lawson who was quiet the rest of the game.

Yes, and he was playing on the left side.

If it's not Doyle then go with Bates. I don't want to see Williams at tackle again.

Edited by Mark Vader

Just now, JohnNord said:

I don’t feel so great about it, but we’ll have to wait and see.  They did win 3 games with Brown not starting at RT

True, my concern is the abyss, otherwise known as Cody Ford. 

If anything now I won't be mad if the Bills lose, I'm already expecting it. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

The season doesn't hinge on it but anytime you lose a good player it affects the team. 

He's only started a few games though and he's was never supposed to be starting this year to begin with.

The issue goes back to offseason when this front office was adamant about bringing back the same exact oline that struggled mightily last year in run blocking and against the Chiefs twice. I get Williams because he had a probowl caliber season but there shouldn't have been any question regarding letting Feliciano go and looking elsewhere to replace him.

Also magnifies Basham over Creed Humprey (who is a top 3 olineman in the entire league already) and why on earth we didn't do something at the trade deadline.

Either way everyone knew that this is the type of season we would see because of the Covid stuff still lingering and it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks as cases start to explode again across the country regardless of vaccination status.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Why do you say that? I follow him on IG. 

Ah, looks like he's cleaned it up since becoming pro. When he was drafted, there was some talk about some of the things he had posted previously.

Maybe he's changed his tune. Hopefully he's vaxxed for employment reasons, if nothing else.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Im almost positive that happens.  I’ll actually feel a little better if Bates gets the start.  They do have a little time to prepare

I think Josh being under center will make a huge difference.  Even with everyone healthy, our OLine has been below average with Josh in shotgun.  I think our 3 highest shotgun percentage game, we lost them all.  

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah, looks like he's cleaned it up since becoming pro. When he was drafted, there was some talk about some of the things he had posted previously.

Maybe he's changed his tune. Hopefully he's vaxxed for employment reasons, if nothing else.

What did he post previously?

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm actually not as worried about this as some of you are but I understand.

I think Josh being under center and the playaction game will help cover up the OL weakness.  I think we will be fine.

Josh just needs to put some extra Charmin in his back pockets