Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Estro said:

If he's not vaccinated he won't be back in time for the Saints game. 

If he is vaccinated he'll be back.

I have no information on his vaccine status, other than a hunch.....and my hunch is that he's not. I'm expecting him to miss Thanksgiving day game,, hopefully I'm wrong.

If I had to guess, I’d guess that he’s not - but even if he is - it’s a short week.  If he has symptoms, no guarantees either way. 

5 hours ago, Estro said:

I have no information on his vaccine status, other than a hunch.....and my hunch is that he's not. I'm expecting him to miss Thanksgiving day game,, hopefully I'm wrong.

If he's out 10 days he's not vaccinated.  Simple math. First Star and now Spencer. Very important starters. I'm so sick and tired of this F...ing virus. It's sure taking it's good time leaving.....

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If he's out 10 days he's not vaccinated.  Simple math. First Star and now Spencer. Very important starters. I'm so sick and tired of this F...ing virus. It's sure taking it's good time leaving.....

It won’t leave; we’re going to be stuck with it for ever more. With vaccinations, treatments and immunity the restrictions should eventually dissipate though.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

My bad, I meant Dawkins is the penalty machine.  

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

It’s not as much about a promising rookie missing the game, it’s about the collection of misfits and another Oline shuffle required to replace him.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Estro said:

Not necessarily. He still has to cycle through any symptoms he may have and pass two negative tests. Big Ben is vaccinated and still isn’t cleared yet for tomorrow after missing last week’s game. Trubisky was on the the list for 10 days too. The point is we don’t know any of their vax status or symptoms but 10 days is probably the expectation each time. 

edit:Ben cleared today 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It leave such a sour taste...

- after all these years of rooting for the Bills, to finally have a team CAPABLE of winning it all BUT half of the players (seemingly) not CARING about winning it all.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

For the first time, I’m a pro mandatory vaxxer for all football players. If spencer brown’s absence is the reason we lose this game then I’m gonna be pissssssssedddd

Could get much, much worse. Who else on the team quietly chose not to get vaccinated? Mongo? Knox? Davis? We could be seeing the same pattern every week for the rest of the season into the playoffs, if the Bills make them. The margins are pretty slim in the best of cases. Plus, not every player who gets COVID will come right back. Dawkins was in the hospital for like a week or more. But better to miss games, land in intensive care or even die in agony than risk a vaccine that may, someday, who knows?, have side effects. I read on Facebook that a guy's cousin developed a rash!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

Could get much, much worse. Who else on the team quietly chose not to get vaccinated? Mongo? Knox? Davis? We could be seeing the same pattern every week for the rest of the season into the playoffs, if the Bills make them. The margins are pretty slim in the best of cases. Plus, not every player who gets COVID will come right back. Dawkins was in the hospital for like a week or more. But better to miss games, land in intensive care or even die in agony than risk a vaccine that may, someday, who knows?, have side effects. I read on Facebook that a guy's cousin developed a rash!

it's happening to many teams. Cooper out at least next 2 Cowboy games

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s not as much about a promising rookie missing the game, it’s about the collection of misfits and another Oline shuffle required to replace him.

That's been all season, yet they are 6-3 and lead the division.

14 hours ago, DrDare said:

will Spencer be available for the Thanksgiving game?

The answer is "Perhaps"

Factors:

Is he vaccinated? 

The general guess from his Insta timeline and a photo from a month ago of him wearing a mask (TBN story) on the sideline seems to be "No."

-If not vaccinated, the minimum he can be out is 10 days from the date his positive sample was taken (Nov 17 or 18) - Nope, he's missing the Thanksgiving game too.

-If vaccinated and no symptoms, in theory he could test negative today and tomorrow or tomorrow and Sunday, and be active for this Sunday's game - but that is probably unlikely.

-Either way, he could be out longer than 10 days if he has persistent symptoms or fails medical clearance

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It isn’t simple math. If he’s out less than 10 days, you can indeed infer that he is vaccinated. It doesn’t work the other way, though. Vaccinated players can be out 10 days as well (or longer). 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

- after all these years of rooting for the Bills, to finally have a team CAPABLE of winning it all BUT half of the players (seemingly) not CARING about winning it all.

I am a pro-vaccine too....but you have to allow others to make judgement on a virus that is NOT YET WELL Understood by humans and we have no idea on whom to trust amongst Government, Drug Lobby's and people with financial interests. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

Your math is a bit off. At least 91% of the team is vaccinated according to Beane.  If you equate the vaccine decision to caring about winning it all, what lends you to believe that (seemingly) half the the players don’t care about winning it all? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I am a pro-vaccine too....but you have to allow others to make judgement on a virus that is NOT YET WELL Understood by humans and we have no idea on whom to trust amongst Government, Drug Lobby's and people with financial interests. 

I don't trust any of them. I trust my Dr and the medical people in my family

• Thank you (+1) 1