Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Even if vaccinated he still needs two negative tests in a row right? we could be waiting for that hopefully 

Correct. I am only inferring that "Nobody has been ruled out yet" But maybe they mean players with traditional injuries. Or maybe hes just being vague. We will find out soon enough.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

Williams has had a total of 3 penalties called on him so far this season, out of 661 snaps.  He's not even close to a "penalty machine."  Brown became the starter at RT because he was ready to start and because moving Williams improved the RG spot.  

And don't worry, we don't need you to tell.  You didn't like the pick.  We get it.

My bad, I meant Dawkins is the penalty machine.  

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Didn't like the pick?  Meh, 3rd rounder can be a throwaway.  If he turns out to be a stud that's a find.

Point is that people fretting that the team is doomed Sunday because a rookie who's missed more starts than he's made will miss another start, is a bit over the top.....

More worried about Star being out but Brown being out is a problem for sure. 

Assuming Brown is out the Bills need to do more of what they did last week. Two TE sets, a bit more Gilliam in backfield, extra OL on plays, etc. I think sets with both singletary and breida split in the backfield can be effective with chip blocks and routes to the flat. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Williams is a penalty machine.  He's not better than Brown I guess.

But to answer your question specifically, it's hard for me to tell....because it's been difficult to zero in on his play because he's had only 4 starts and only 1 in 4 weeks.  

If your argument is that Brown's value is in keeping an awful Ford off the field, then...ok.  I guess that's something.

I blinked and I missed it.

My argument is that he is the best player on the team in his position and the depth is grocery baggers.  He also plays that position very well so far.  If you can't see why losing him on an already terrible line is bad then you didn't really watch the games this year.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills beat the Colts in a playoff game last year without either of them.  Stop worrying so much.  

and they struggled to do so in large part because they were dominated in both trenches.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

My argument is that he is the best player on the team in his position and the depth is grocery baggers.  He also plays that position very well so far.  If you can't see why losing him on an already terrible line is bad then you didn't really watch the games this year.

and they struggled to do so in large part because they were dominated in both trenches.

was there, saw no struggling. We were firmly in control of the game for 3 plus quarters. 24-10 with under 12 minutes to go. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I haven't said he's no good.  But the Bills have had 3 blowout wins with him and 3 without him as the starter.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Williams has had a total of 3 penalties called on him so far this season, out of 661 snaps.  He's not even close to a "penalty machine."  Brown became the starter at RT because he was ready to start and because moving Williams improved the RG spot.  

And don't worry, we don't need you to tell.  You didn't like the pick.  We get it.

If you keep him at RG, that's where he's most productive. Stick him back at RT and penalties will be the least of your worries. 

22 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Thank god the colts have a middling pass rush. I really hope we keep Williams at RG to help against Buckner (and keep continuity on the iOL) and roll with Bates or Doyle at RT.

RG is going to be an issue again this game

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dawkins has 5 total called penalties in 664 snaps.  

Third rounders shouldn't be throwaways.  And so far, he is a find.

But yes, the game/season isn't over if he's gone for this game.  It will make it harder though.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'd not ruled out then maybe they have 1 negative test already. Positive sign.

Let's hope.

Edited by Doc

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Dawkins has 5 total called penalties in 664 snaps.  

Third rounders shouldn't be throwaways.  And so far, he is a find.

But yes, the game/season isn't over if he's gone for this game.  It will make it harder though.

Let's hope.

6.  tied for 4th highest number.

For the bolded, we'll find out Sunday.

33 minutes ago, DrDare said:

will Spencer be available for the Thanksgiving game?

If he's not vaccinated he won't be back in time for the Saints game. 

If he is vaccinated he'll be back.

I have no information on his vaccine status, other than a hunch.....and my hunch is that he's not. I'm expecting him to miss Thanksgiving day game,, hopefully I'm wrong.