Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If winning was a top priority for these unvaccinated Bills players, they'd be vaccinated. 17 teams in the NFL are 95% or better vaccinated, this group includes the Pats and Titans. 4 teams are 100% vaccinated (The Raiders - Falcons - Bucs - Rams). 4 teams are less than 85% vaccinated. Likely the Bills are in this group. This info is on NFL.com. The teams in the playoff hunt that are the most vaccinated, provides them a big edge.  Deservedly so. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

20 pages about a RT with 4 career starts who is about to miss his 3rd game out of the last 4-----this place is amazing!!

What does the number of starts Brown has have to do with anything?  He's proven already to be one of the Bills' top-4 OL (at least) and a very good player.  And he allows them to move Williams to RG and improve that spot.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

If winning was a top priority for these unvaccinated Bills players, they'd be vaccinated. 17 teams in the NFL are 95% or better vaccinated, this group includes the Pats and Titans. 4 teams are 100% vaccinated (The Raiders - Falcons - Bucs - Rams). 4 teams are less than 85% vaccinated. Likely the Bills are in this group. This info is on NFL.com. The teams in the playoff hunt that are the most vaccinated, provides them a big edge.  Deservedly so. 

Both McDermott and Beane have said the Bills unvaccinated players are “in the single digits”.

If we assume they are counting the practice squad, that would be at a minimum >87% (if 9, the highest “single digit” number)

Oh, and on the Bucs…..Not. So. Fast.

45 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Thing is, that RT with 4 starts has made it quite clear the OL is much better with him playing. Which is a good sign he's done that well in that little time

I don’t agree.  They weren’t great in the Tennessee game. 

You can’t pin O-line play, good or bad, on a RT over 4 games

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

What does the number of starts Brown has have to do with anything?  He's proven already to be one of the Bills' top-4 OL (at least) and a very good player.  And he allows them to move Williams to RG and improve that spot.

top O line after 4 career starts? At RT?

no

Edited by Mr. WEO

58 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

20 pages about a RT with 4 career starts who is about to miss his 3rd game out of the last 4-----this place is amazing!!

What’s amazing, is he is literally the key to this team not imploding.  Beane has a lot to be proud of.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

top O line after 4 career starts? At RT?

no

I think it's impossible to deny the positive impact Brown has had on the line. He's helped greatly improve 40% of our line by being a better RT than Williams and Williams is a better right guard than anyone else that has played that position. It's impossible to not see the impact he has made.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think it's impossible to deny the positive impact Brown has had on the line. He's helped greatly improve 40% of our line by being a better RT than Williams and Williams is a better right guard than anyone else that has played that position. It's impossible to not see the impact he has made.

It’s impossible to draw such a conclusion in 4 games out of 9

45 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

100% agree.

People have had 8 months to do research on the vaccine.

You don’t get it, you leave yourself open to this, and possible side effects.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So if you believe the OL wasn't good in the Tenn game, do you think they would have been better if Brown was not playing then? Fact is Brown makes this OL better, otherwise they wouldn't be still starting him.

To me it's obvious he makes this OL better so not sure what you're seeing, so we will just agree to disagree

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

So if you believe the OL wasn't good in the Tenn game, do you think they would have been better if Brown was not playing then? Fact is Brown makes this OL better, otherwise they wouldn't be still starting him.

To me it's obvious he makes this OL better so not sure what you're seeing, so we will just agree to disagree

4 games out of 9 (1 a loss with 3 sacks in JA) doesn’t overcome null hypothesis, statistically 

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dont worry guys, Joe B said Cody Ford wasnt really as bad as we all thought he was against the Jags.   No reason to worry.

He wasn’t to my surprise as I wanted the Bills to ship him to Cuba after the game.  I rewatched the game though after pff gave Ford the highest grade for that game among the o-line focusing on just the o-line.  Ford had a bad game while the rest of our o-line had a REALLY bad game.  Joe B saw the same thing when he came out with his all22.  Ford was the most logical scapegoat though amongst Bills fans.  

The thought of a Ford-Buckne or Boettger-Buckner matchup is truly cringe worthy. I hope Josh doesn't get killed. I'm equally worried about stopping their ground game. As far as the vaccine goes, you can still get covid and spread it, but there are so many conflicting opinions on its efficacy and they mostly seem based on politics rather than science, so it's hard to know who to believe.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

You call it bedwetting - I call it realism. Did you see the OL without Brown? Now we're walking into a game with Indy without Brown, Lotulelei, Edmunds, and possibly Milano. Optimism is great. But you'd be kidding yourself to not be concerned.

Just so happened that Daboll called a horrible game against Jags, and Josh was trying to do way too much.

This oline is still capable without Brown.  People forget Darryl was given a nice extension for his play at RT.  Daboll needs to adjust and not call 50 passes vs 9 runs.

Injuries impact every team, we have a ton of depth and need to play mistake free ball.

You call it bedwetting - I call it realism. Did you see the OL without Brown? Now we're walking into a game with Indy without Brown, Lotulelei, Edmunds, and possibly Milano. Optimism is great. But you'd be kidding yourself to not be concerned.

Just so happened that Daboll called a horrible game against Jags, and Josh was trying to do way too much.

This oline is still capable without Brown.  People forget Darryl was given a nice extension for his play at RT.  Daboll needs to adjust and not call 50 passes vs 9 runs.

Injuries impact every team, we have a ton of depth and need to play mistake free ball.

• Disagree 2

30 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Were you watching the games we played with Brown out of the lineup? It was God awful line play. The game plan had no effect on Josh having no protection in front of him every single time he stepped back to pass. Daryl was given an extension for his play at RT last season. This season? He's been so utterly terrible at RT, that they moved him to Guard and started Spencer Brown instead. And when we shifted him back there following Brown's injury - he was even worse!

Ford was benched for terrible play, Feliciano was playing terrible and is now on IR. I don't know what Offensive Line you've been watching or what depth chart you're looking at - but I couldn't possibly disagree with your assessment that we have a ton of depth and are capable without Brown any more if I tried.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2