Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This doesn't give me a lot of hope that he'll be back in time for either The Colts or The Saints 😔

I’m a bit of a Michael Rapaport fan. He does some live videos that are quite humorous. He did one this summer where he was out on the street and talking about how excited he was to get this over with but then sports figures were coming out as questioning what scientist were providing in terms of info. The quote was something along the lines of, “these doctors are going to school for 12 years and you are the right tackle of the Dallas Cowboys. Shut your mouth and listen to people who know better than you.” This falls right into place. I don’t understand why the world has come to a place where opinion means as much as fact. Peoples opinions are that the vaccine is being forced upon them. The fact is that the vaccine is being used to protect them and the health care system.

Maybe I shouldn’t be posting such opinions on here and I have overstepped. If so, I apologize.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks, of course.  We'll have to see how McDermott tries to cope with his absence.  Unfortunately, the Bills have not demonstrated that they can function effectively on offense with him out.  Feliciano should be back at least.  We want McDermott to have as many options as possible for manning the interior of the offensive line.

As far as Tommy Doyle is concerned, I think the team has concluded that he is both less athletic and behind in his development relative to Brown.  It is the team that will have to decide whether or not half a season of practice has sufficiently reduced his deficiencies.

Edited by BigAl2526

30 minutes ago, todd said:

They’re probably going to need to play 12 personnel to deal with this. One of the TEs will need to be a ol part of the time. This o line can’t really deal with any personnel losses. 

The good news is that having Knox back will make it less painful as he is a good blocker if they need to help at RT. 

6 hours ago, Patience said:

In an ideal scenario, yes, you'd have five good linemen blocking for a screen play.  However, as things happen (like the subject of this thread), you work within the confines of what you have available.  Running more screens and quick passes helps to compensate for a line that can't hold pass protection for a typical longer-developing pass play.  

You don't think teams would be on the look out for more screens, for more quick passes?  Teams could focus on defending against that.

And you need good lineman, there's no getting around it.

14 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

This sucks, of course.  We'll have to see how McDermott tries to cope with his absence.  Unfortunately, the Bills have not demonstrated that they can function effectively on offense with him out.  Feliciano should be back at least.  We want McDermott to have as many options as possible for manning the interior of the offensive line.

As far as Tommy Doyle is concerned, I think the team has concluded that he is both less athletic and behind in his development relative to Brown.  It is the team that will have to decide whether or not half a season of practice has sufficiently reduced his deficiencies.

Brown being 1 of the 5 best lineman on the team isn't an indictment on Doyle.  Brown flashes as the best lineman on the team.  Doyle just needs to be more than a liability.  Bar isnt high her at all.  

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

While I agree, I'll look at this from a team sports approach. I'll never forget an interview with Fran Tarkenton after he broke his leg while with the Vikings. He said he let his team down by not being able to play. Everyone knows a broken leg isn't his fault, but he understood the expectations of playing a team sport that you depend on your teammates to be there when needed. To risk missing two critical games during a tough stretch coming up hurts the team and Brown let's his team down by not being there. If he isn't vaccinated, it's a huge letdown for the team.

It's a very logical assumption. Statistics back it up.

Agreed. It is no different than so many other decisions players make. You do what is best for the team. In a normal world it would be get vaccinated. But the ridiculous political element becomes more important than the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

JFC....get the ***** vaccination. You got the chicken pox, measles, mumps and polio vaccines and your still alive?? This is turning into a joke.

Every 70,000+ fans have to be vaccinated, so why not every player??? 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Didn't Green Bay go on the road and beat a 7 - 0 Arizona team missing half a dozen key starters including BOTH their WR's and TE? Sure I would rather have Brown in the line up but if we can't at least split the next two games with him out we don't deserve to win the division.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

This ***** might cost us the season. Seriously. The O-line blows without him.

I don't know what they come up with, but hope they keep D. Williams inside and try somebody else at RT. Brown has quickly proved his value and as a rookie I expect he will get better and better. So not having him out is a major loss, as we saw against Jags

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Alarmist much? Settle down there little guy. 

There was a team last year before Brown in aBills Jersey 🙄 

Did you watch the Jax game little guy??? The o-line was trash thay whole game there peanut!!

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Did you watch the Jax game little guy??? The o-line was trash thay whole game there peanut!!

Did you watch 2020? Check your hysterics.

Hey once he recovers his immunity will be so awesome there is no way he catches a breakthrough case during the playoffs. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You don't think teams would be on the look out for more screens, for more quick passes?  Teams could focus on defending against that.

And you need good lineman, there's no getting around it.

Being on the lookout for out creates hesitation on the defensive line, no?  Which may be of assistance in pass blocking, wouldn't you say?

And you seem to miss the same point others are - unless you know of "good linemen" to pick between now and Sunday afternoon, this is what we have.  Saying we need "good linemen" does what, exactly?