Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yes…..they can overcome his loss….if Josh Allen is good enough on that day. If 17 doesn’t have that extra juice, the juice he lacked vs jax, we’ll probably look terrible and very unlike a contender.  Which we saw

The offense was not there emotionally that day.....bad games happen.  The Bills have made what I believe to be permanent adjustments moving forward.....not staing in GUN all day, running both inside AND outside.  A 6th lineman on the field to help the line.   They should still be the favorites in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Um no.  I certainly do NOT think that this is an issue only with the bills.  I have no clue why you would even attempt to put those words in my mouth.  Please enlighten me as to how you know I feel this way.

I didn’t discuss the other teams you brought because they don’t have anything to do with the conversation I’m having.  Maybe they have to do with the conversation you’re having.  Losses come in all different shapes and sizes.  Several different reasons why each game is won or lost.  “Just because upsets happen” will NEVER be one of those reasons.  It seems to me that your just trying to prove that there are several different reasons why upsets happen, not just injury.  I agree with that 💯.  That’s common knowledge.  I didn’t feel the need to touch on it.

I’m worried about browns injury because I saw how our replacements performed in his absence.  That’s something tangible that we can discuss.  It actually happened.  It happened once…..there’s certainly a chance that it happens again….while playing vs a much better defense this time around.  Taven Bryant is not Buckner.  But he played like Buckner while lined up against Ford. Imagine what the real Buckner might to to him.  

I’m not sure if the loss to the Broncos should be concerning for Cowboys fans.   I haven’t broken down the game, looked at the stats or anything from that game.  I have no clue what the biggest contributing factors were to the outcome of the game.   Without knowing anything about the game, I can’t comment any further.  Luckily for us, this is a Bills website and I couldn’t care less about the Cowboys or their fans. What I do know is, the play of our OL vs the jags should have Bills fans worried.  Injuries happen.  Players miss games all the time.  There’s a good chance that we won’t be lining up Dawkins-Mongo/Boettger-Morse-Williams-brown in every playoff game.  Knowing that has me a bit worried considering how poorly our backups have played so far.  If Cowboys fans had our problems along the OL, they should be worried too

Its one game.  You’re going to concern yourself this much over one game.

You know who is as bad as the Jags?  The Texans and Dolphins.  The same offensive line started those games and we won those 3 games a combined 101-11.  
Lets just be doom and gloom over one loss.

The Cowboys, Bucs and Ravens fans need to be concerned because they lost to inferior teams….some of them got killed.

That is if you base the entire season on one loss.

3 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

If the OL plays like they did against the Jags then yes.

But that's the opposite of what you said. You said: "unless the D has a shutout, without Brown the game is pretty much over, right".

The Bills have played many games without Brown where they have crushed an opponent, but only one game against the Jags.

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The offense was not there emotionally that day.....bad games happen.  The Bills have made what I believe to be permanent adjustments moving forward.....not staing in GUN all day, running both inside AND outside.  A 6th lineman on the field to help the line.   They should still be the favorites in this game.

This is exactly my point. Identify the reasons why we lost and fix them. Brown will likely be out and we’ll be out into the same position we were 2 weeks ago.  Playing with a super suspect right side. How do we make sure that that doesn’t happen again?  The points you make are 💯 valid imo.  Identify and attempt to fix the problem.  We can’t just say “it was a bad game, it happens all the time. Especially this year.”  That would likely lead to another L jmo

Honestly at this point, figure it out. We are the team least effected by injury the last couple of years…you can’t just get mauled because a rookie OLinemen is out. Sucks that he’s out. The next guy needs to step up and maintain the intensity that we played with last week. The defense was missing a big piece last week and still played well. Regardless of who steps in…no excuses. Make plays and find a way to get this win. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

This is incredibly bad.   Colts front 7 gonna have fun with this group on Sunday.   

Everyone knows the Colts plan on punching this team in the mouth, so the message needs to be to punch back and punch back harder but just don't see how that's going to be possible given the glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball up front.

Hope Knox’s hand is OK enough to stay home and block a little more than usual. 

We also may have to adopt more of a Big-Ben-has-no-arm-so-all-throws-must-be-out-in-2-seconds-or-less approach. 

Additionally hope this means they continue to use Breida to stretch the defense horizontally. Spread everyone out. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its one game.  You’re going to concern yourself this much over one game.

You know who is as bad as the Jags?  The Texans and Dolphins.  The same offensive line started those games and we won those 3 games a combined 101-11.  
Lets just be doom and gloom over one loss.

The Cowboys, Bucs and Ravens fans need to be concerned because they lost to inferior teams….some of them got killed.

That is if you base the entire season on one loss.

I’m going to concern myself over the play of the OL until I don’t see it as a concern anymore.  You don’t have to.  

I don’t know why you continue to talk about other fans.  Yes, I feel that every SB contender this year has concerns.  Every single one.  In fact, I’m sure the coach and GM of each of those teams have concerns.  As do the fans. When you’re a legit SB contender, success is only measured in one thing.  A Lombardi.  There isn’t a contender in the league (or their fans) that don’t have any concerns. 

who is basing the entire season after one loss.  Wut in gods green earth are you talking about my man??  I’m discussing one game.  That doesn’t mean the one game I’m discussing is the only thing that I’m concerned with.  I’m concerned with:  Mongo being terrible.  Boettger being terrible.  Ford being terrible. Bates and Douglas being so terrible that they can’t beat out Ford.  Williams being terrible @ RT.

those are the things that concern me.  And it doesn’t have to do entirely with the jags game, which you are trying to put into my mouth, unsuccessfully.  

In summary- you’re upset because I’m pointing out reasons that we should be concerned.  I’m doom and glooming the website.  You don’t think we should be concerned……and you don’t think the fans of the other contenders should be concerned either.  K cool.  Yea, I’m concerned anyway.  Our OL has been bad in more than just one game.  Josh has done a remarkable job making them look better than they are.

Regarding the bolded- feliciano played 95% of the snaps in both Miami games.  Spencer brown played the entire game vs the texans. So no, it’s not the same OL.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Everyone knows the Colts plan on punching this team in the mouth, so the message needs to be to punch back and punch back harder but just don't see how that's going to be possible given the glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball up front.

What’s the glaring weakness up front on the defensive side of the ball?

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yeah but they have Wentz at QB, so...

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Honestly at this point, figure it out. We are the team least effected by injury the last couple of years…you can’t just get mauled because a rookie OLinemen is out. Sucks that he’s out. The next guy needs to step up and maintain the intensity that we played with last week. The defense was missing a big piece last week and still played well. Regardless of who steps in…no excuses. Make plays and find a way to get this win. 

Yes, agreed.  No excuses - Tennessee lost Hunter Henry, started Bobby Hart at LT, and won 2 games fer cripes sake.

Find a way with the players we have, or scour the practice squads and cutout bins of the league for a upgrade over our 2nd and 3rd strings who can do it.

56 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have like 10 guys on the D line.  We have barely 3 on the o line lol.  There is a bit of difference.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

This is incredibly bad.   Colts front 7 gonna have fun with this group on Sunday.   

Colts Front 7 showing injuries to key players.  Not saying this will slow them down, but even though it’s mid week, something to consider as well as Edmunds & Milano no beuno either 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m going to concern myself over the play of the OL until I don’t see it as a concern anymore.  You don’t have to.  

I don’t know why you continue to talk about other fans.  Yes, I feel that every SB contender this year has concerns.  Every single one.  In fact, I’m sure the coach and GM of each of those teams have concerns.  As do the fans. When you’re a legit SB contender, success is only measured in one thing.  A Lombardi.  There isn’t a contender in the league (or their fans) that don’t have any concerns. 

who is basing the entire season after one loss.  Wut in gods green earth are you talking about my man??  I’m discussing one game.  That doesn’t mean the one game I’m discussing is the only thing that I’m concerned with.  I’m concerned with:  Mongo being terrible.  Boettger being terrible.  Ford being terrible. Bates and Douglas being so terrible that they can’t beat out Ford.  Williams being terrible @ RT.

those are the things that concern me.  And it doesn’t have to do entirely with the jags game, which you are trying to put into my mouth, unsuccessfully.  

In summary- you’re upset because I’m pointing out reasons that we should be concerned.  I’m doom and glooming the website.  You don’t think we should be concerned……and you don’t think the fans of the other contenders should be concerned either.  K cool.  Yea, I’m concerned anyway.  Our OL has been bad in more than just one game.  Josh has done a remarkable job making them look better than they are.

Regarding the bolded- feliciano played 95% of the snaps in both Miami games.  Spencer brown played the entire game vs the texans. So no, it’s not the same OL.

I meant the Skins game, not the Texans.  With the way Feliciano has been playing, is it really a loss to have him out?

I'm not upset with anything and it certainly wouldn't be because you think I should be more concerned.  

I know our offensive line is a weakness, I'm very verbal about that.  I'm just not going to get overly concerned because we lost a rookie RT who has only played 4 games in which one he struggled in.  I think putting Allen under center will make a big difference.  

Our average scoring margin 16 points per game which is by far, by far the best in the NFL.  Dallas is #2 at 9 ppg. 

At one point, it was like 28 ppg which is insane.  We are currently +145 in scoring differential.

This is why I am not concerned at all about the loss to the Jags, it happens.

I guess we will disagree with upsets.  I think some days you just have bad days.  

It's why nothing is linear in the NFL.