Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

In your life & the NFL, think about the people that have tested positive recently, vast majority are vaccinated.

A vast majority of Americans are vaccinated so duh and your NFL data is wrong

Edited by 716er
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really but the 90% of the fans on here will and you know it.

yet if the colts had significant injuries, and the bills beat them, i guarantee that you'd be the first to say the bills win was just due to the colts injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I am genuinely upset to hear this. At this point us trying to run this offense without Brown is like the Goonies trying to beat the Fratellis without this guy:

l-intro-1631735306.jpg

I mean, John Matuszak was a hell of a player.

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He would still be out next sunday, 10 days, so it's a moot point. Also, the CDC hasn't updated that data in a while, it might be wrong for me to assume the withholding the data, but probably not. In your life & the NFL, think about the people that have tested positive recently, vast majority are vaccinated.

That's not correct. 10 days if unvaccinated

Unvaccinated individuals must isolate for 10 days away from the club facility.

Vaccinated individuals who are asymptomatic may return to the facility once they have received two consecutive negative laboratory PCR tests taken at least 24 hours apart. Vaccinated individuals who are symptomatic must also return two negative tests taken at least 24 hours apart and must be asymptomatic for 48 hours. If vaccinated individuals don't return two consecutive negative tests, they may return after 10 days.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

yet if the colts had significant injuries, and the bills beat them, i guarantee that you'd be the first to say the bills win was just due to the colts injuries.

They might be without multiple key pieces this week too which will certainly help offset the situation but if the Bills beat the Colts and do it decisively it proves a lot IMO so I'm not going to discount it.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They might be without multiple key pieces this week too which will certainly help offset the situation but if the Bills beat the Colts and do it decisively it proves a lot IMO so I'm not going to discount it.

you're neat.

9 minutes ago, Casey D said:

If we can't beat the Colts at home without Spencer Brown, we are just pretenders anyway.

I'm exaggerating because I wanted to make a Goonies reference, and I do think we win on Sunday, but there's no doubt this line has a different attitude when Brown is playing. 

• Agree 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]
35 minutes ago, Augie said:

Praying he’s back by the Thanksgiving game or I just might be a foul host to a house full of people. I’m glad I was alone for that Jacksonville game, though I’m sure the neighbors heard me at times! 

More likely fowl host - amirite 😛 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not weak to say upsets happen.  Every single upset happens for a reason but you seem to think it's only an issue with the Bills.

I gave reasons why the other upsets happen but you only want to acknowledge the Bills offensive line issues.  

You don't think there's reasons why all the other teams I mentioned lost?  

The Ravens, Titans and Bucs all played terribly when they were upset...just like the Bills and it's not any different.  

The Broncos were down 3 offensive starters and the Cowboys still couldn't stop their offense.  How concerning should that be for Cowboy fans?

Um no.  I certainly do NOT think that this is an issue only with the bills.  I have no clue why you would even attempt to put those words in my mouth.  Please enlighten me as to how you know I feel this way.

I didn’t discuss the other teams you brought because they don’t have anything to do with the conversation I’m having.  Maybe they have to do with the conversation you’re having.  Losses come in all different shapes and sizes.  Several different reasons why each game is won or lost.  “Just because upsets happen” will NEVER be one of those reasons.  It seems to me that your just trying to prove that there are several different reasons why upsets happen, not just injury.  I agree with that 💯.  That’s common knowledge.  I didn’t feel the need to touch on it.

I’m worried about browns injury because I saw how our replacements performed in his absence.  That’s something tangible that we can discuss.  It actually happened.  It happened once…..there’s certainly a chance that it happens again….while playing vs a much better defense this time around.  Taven Bryant is not Buckner.  But he played like Buckner while lined up against Ford. Imagine what the real Buckner might to to him.  

I’m not sure if the loss to the Broncos should be concerning for Cowboys fans.   I haven’t broken down the game, looked at the stats or anything from that game.  I have no clue what the biggest contributing factors were to the outcome of the game.   Without knowing anything about the game, I can’t comment any further.  Luckily for us, this is a Bills website and I couldn’t care less about the Cowboys or their fans. What I do know is, the play of our OL vs the jags should have Bills fans worried.  Injuries happen.  Players miss games all the time.  There’s a good chance that we won’t be lining up Dawkins-Mongo/Boettger-Morse-Williams-brown in every playoff game.  Knowing that has me a bit worried considering how poorly our backups have played so far.  If Cowboys fans had our problems along the OL, they should be worried too

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, it's entirely possible that they watch Bates in practice and that's how they evaluate him at G and at T

Again, to be fair - McDermott has repeatedly said that Dawkins is recovered from Covid now.  Of course, it's entirely possible that he's suffering from more subtle lingering effects (mental), but it's also possible he just let being a celebrity go to his head and is struggling to get back into the right physical shape and mindset.

Could very well be the case with DD, but regardless, the end results haven’t been what one would call good imo, the O line certainly does not need more performance issues…, 

there is a joke in there somewhere.., 😁