Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Billschinatown said:

I think it's more about the guy behind him getting Josh Spartan kicked into the well. 

see above.

Brown's sample sized is so miniscule, I don't see how anyone can find a significant delta.  

The O-line will not be an order of magnitude worse, as it seems a bunch of posters are worrying.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not weak to say upsets happen.  Every single upset happens for a reason but you seem to think it's only an issue with the Bills.

I gave reasons why the other upsets happen but you only want to acknowledge the Bills offensive line issues.  

You don't think there's reasons why all the other teams I mentioned lost?  

The Ravens, Titans and Bucs all played terribly when they were upset...just like the Bills and it's not any different.  

The Broncos were down 3 offensive starters and the Cowboys still couldn't stop their offense.  How concerning should that be for Cowboy fans?

Totally agree.  Teams and players (and race horses) just have bad days.  They don't have their A game, or their B or C game even.   Pitchers in baseball are a great example.

Now the line did suck against Jax-- no question.  But a lot of upsets are just when the favorite is having a bad day.  One of the reasons why sports are so interesting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What really annoys me about the Bills being without Brown, Star, and Edmunds is that it will completely miss all the national talking heads, so when the Bills lose it will be "Oh, the Bills aren't very good" with no acknowledgement of what's really going on.

why is that important to you? If they lose, that's more important than what the media think. Just watch the games and ignore everything else. It's a waste of time

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What really annoys me about the Bills being without Brown, Star, and Edmunds is that it will completely miss all the national talking heads, so when the Bills lose it will be "Oh, the Bills aren't very good" with no acknowledgement of what's really going on.

So what?  Nothing really matters until the season is over, and then we will see where the dust settles.

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not having all these players available sucks but it will be just an excuse if the Bills do in fact lose to the Colts.

If the Bills truly fancy themselves as an elite SB type of team you still beat a quality team like the Colts at home and do so handily like the Pats did last week against the Browns.

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chicken Little much?  Since you've already predicted the "L" for Sunday, can I have some Lottery #'s please?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Not having all these players available sucks but it will be just an excuse if the Bills do in fact lose to the Colts.

If the Bills truly fancy themselves as an elite SB type of team you still beat a quality team like the Colts at home and do so handily like the Pats did last week against the Browns.

Has the team ever made excuses after a loss?

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he's vaxxed, he might be able to play Sunday, and will almost definitely be able to play against the Saints.

If he isnt vaxxed, he can not play either game.

HUGE difference, and plenty to do with being vaxxed.

he would still be out next sunday, 10 days.

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

we should go out an discuss this. 

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What really annoys me about the Bills being without Brown, Star, and Edmunds is that it will completely miss all the national talking heads

Something tells me that if the Bills do lose at least one national talking head will mention these guys are out.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The pats are an elite SB type of team? 

2 hours ago, nucci said:

But in the NFL it is different. If he is vaccinated he has a better chance of playing Sunday then if not. Majority of cases are not from vaccinated people

He would still be out next sunday, 10 days, so it's a moot point. Also, the CDC hasn't updated that data in a while, it might be wrong for me to assume the withholding the data, but probably not. In your life & the NFL, think about the people that have tested positive recently, vast majority are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I am genuinely upset to hear this. At this point us trying to run this offense without Brown is like the Goonies trying to beat the Fratellis without this guy:

l-intro-1631735306.jpg

If we can't beat the Colts at home without Spencer Brown, we are just pretenders anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I don’t get it either.

He seems to be the next to the next to the next man up.

I mean, it's entirely possible that they watch Bates in practice and that's how they evaluate him at G and at T

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

…,  this is the very scenario that will botch up this season’s potential,  ya gotta have your best players available,  look what Covid did to DD, hasn’t been the same guy since, now our RTs health has a big question mark on him, all we can do is hope for the best,🤞  like you said…,

Again, to be fair - McDermott has repeatedly said that Dawkins is recovered from Covid now.  Of course, it's entirely possible that he's suffering from more subtle lingering effects (mental), but it's also possible he just let being a celebrity go to his head and is struggling to get back into the right physical shape and mindset.