Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You're making the Jags loss more than what it is.  We were upset, it happens.  

Every good team this year has a bad loss.

You can’t just say, “we were upset, it happens”.  You have to look at WHY we were upset.  What caused it.  It was pretty obvious to me that the main contributor to the loss was the poor OL play.  Williams was AWFUL playing RT.  Ford was the worst player on the field @RG.  They were playing against the jags. 

Now, I’m not saying we can’t overcome the loss of Brown.  We most certainly can.  The force is strong with 17.  We can’t just pretend that the jags game didn’t happen and act like it can’t happen again.  It can.  Hopefully Daboll and johnson  can draw up an effective strat to help out the IOL.  Buckner is a game changer.  

• Agree 1

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hate you.  I hate your smug name.  I hate your dog. 

As the messenger, and as someone who is obviously responsible for this happening, I'm going to direct all my anger towards you

ok but no reason to hate the dog

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I'd rather see Bates on the interior, but Williams mightily struggled at RT against the Jags, so I'm not sure I want to see Williams out there again. It's strange, because he played so well at RT last year.

But yes, I think Bates is a good player. I would not be surprised if he was a starter one day (maybe on a different team if we let him walk).

Everyone knows Bates should be out there but it won't happen because of this teams history of poor roster management and insisting to play the same worthless players over and over including keeping ST only players active at all costs.

Also at one point do you give a guy like Jamil Douglas a shot?

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said Brown is the second most important player.  If you lose your second most important player, the line will shift.

I was exaggerating having them as favorites but if Spencer Brown is that important, the line should shift a few points.

Only quarterbacks really affect the line tbh

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

He could be a close contact and go on that list, right? Also, we do not know his vaccination status, so don't jump to conclusions.

He would only go on as a close contact if he was unvaccinated.

So if he's a close contact then we know he is unvaccinated. If he has covid he could be vaxed or unvaxed.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said Brown is the second most important player.  If you lose your second most important player, the line will shift.

I was exaggerating having them as favorites but if Spencer Brown is that important, the line should shift a few points.

The line wouldn't move significantly for any player other than JA. Maybe it would move .5 points if Diggs was out. 

You clearly don't know how point spreads works and again I don't see the relevance lol.

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Other teams lose key lineman and don't absolutely fall apart.  

Looking forward to seeing this team show that the Offense has figured out how to adjust and we aren't completely dependent on a Rookie RT. 

I mean, the Titans had Bobby Hart starting for them in a game where they destroyed the Rams..  If Daboll is HC material, he should be able to scheme around this. 

Correct. I bet if we had simply played the same scheme against the Jags that we played against the Jets we would have won the game even with the atrocious o-line play. Get extra blockers, get Breida and McKenzie involved, run a lot of play action, get Allen moving. There is no reason Brown being out should cause our offense to totally collapse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand the chain reaction.  We aren't playing the Bucs or Titans or Cowboys this weekend.

We are playing a .500 team that hasn't beaten anyone.

We should still beat the Colts.

I guess I’d differ there as well. I see a team that’s 5-2 after an 0-3 start. Still a very winnable game though 

1 minute ago, Process said:

The line wouldn't move significantly for any player other than JA. Maybe it would move .5 points if Diggs was out. 

You clearly don't know how point spreads works and again I don't see the relevance lol.

If Bills fans are willing to bet against their team, then it looks like we have an arbitrage opportunity!  Only we know that losing Spencer Brown means an automatic L.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, george c said:

Ofcourse, there is no sensible reason to be vaxxed… #%^*+=&$

…,  this is the very scenario that will botch up this season’s potential,  ya gotta have your best players available,  look what Covid did to DD, hasn’t been the same guy since, now our RTs health has a big question mark on him, all we can do is hope for the best,🤞  like you said…,

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You can’t just say, “we were upset, it happens”.  You have to look at WHY we were upset.  What caused it.  It was pretty obvious to me that the main contributor to the loss was the poor OL play.  Williams was AWFUL playing RT.  Ford was the worst player on the field @RG.  They were playing against the jags. 

Now, I’m not saying we can’t overcome the loss of Brown.  We most certainly can.  The force is strong with 17.  We can’t just pretend that the jags game didn’t happen and act like it can’t happen again.  It can.  Hopefully Daboll and johnson  can draw up an effective strat to help out the IOL.  Buckner is a game changer.  

The Bucs offense couldn't move the ball against the WFT who has a worse defense than the Jags.  

The Titans defense couldn't stop Zach Wilson and he is playing like a bottom 2 QB in the NFL.  

The Cowboys defense couldn't stop the Broncos offense led by Teddy Bridgewater....at home.  The Broncos had 3....3 offensive line starters out for the game!

The Ravens couldn't protect Jackson in the passing game and couldn't open up holes in the running game against the Dolphins.

Yes, upsets just happen and especially this year.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

While he didn’t look exactly great in 2019, I think Ford looked better at RT than he has inside.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/2/10/21130530/2019-all-22-analysis-right-tackle-cody-ford-buffalo-bills

It's possible Ford plays at RT.  They have to know he's not strong enough at the point of attack to play RG.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I guess I’d differ there as well. I see a team that’s 5-2 after an 0-3 start. Still a very winnable game though 

The combined combined record of the 5 teams they beaten are 12-34.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

It's possible Ford plays at RT.  They have to know he's not strong enough at the point of attack to play RG.

He's definitely strong enough.  His problem is it seems everything moves too fast for them inside. 

My biggest concern right now is Brown's health, especially if he is unvaxxed. People with his body composition tend to have worse reactions to covid. We all saw what it has done to Dawkins this year. Whether Brown is vaxxed or not I hope he has no symptoms and recovers quickly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Well I guess this proves that Spencer Brown is the second most important player on offense.  A guy that has 4 starts is the second most important player.

I don't know how we scored 43 against the WFT or 35 against the Dolphins without him.

• Haha (+1) 1