Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes…..they can overcome his loss….if Josh Allen is good enough on that day. If 17 doesn’t have that extra juice, the juice he lacked vs jax, we’ll probably look terrible and very unlike a contender.  Which we saw

You're making the Jags loss more than what it is.  We were upset, it happens.  

Every good team this year has a bad loss.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me among the group that would rather see what Bates has to offer at RT than put Williams back out there.

Also...this is a REALLY bad time for Brown to go on the COVID list, what with the quick Colts-Saints turnaround. Ugh.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, lot's of pearl clutching over the Brown loss.  Dude's played 4 full games in his career--including the Titans loss,  when JA was sacked 3 times and scored zero points in the 4th Q including 4 shots from Titans 12 and closer.  He wouldn't be seen for another 3 weeks, at the Jets.

Chill everyone. 

Exactly.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, george c said:

It’s ALL about getting vaxxed . If he’s vaxxed and has two neg tests, and he plays against the Colts.
Un vaxxed, he sits for two games..

Your comment does not address the issue of vaccination.  Instead, t addresses wrong-headed NFL rules about vaccination.

[mod edit: yes, that's what we discuss here - the NFL-relevant impacts of covid and covid vaccination, not general "issue of vaccination"]

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
trying to nip buds
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said Brown is the second most important player.  If you lose your second most important player, the line will shift.

I was exaggerating having them as favorites but if Spencer Brown is that important, the line should shift a few points.

Vegas loves the Bills this year.  We have had a ton of double digit spreads.  The key is to stop the Colts run.  Carson Wentz is not going to beat us.  Get some pressure on him and he will wilt quickly.  The line moves based on where the money is going.  Most gamblers who aren't Bills fans are going to know much about our rookie RT.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Count me among the group that would rather see what Bates has to offer at RT than put Williams back out there.

Also...this is a REALLY bad time for Brown to go on the COVID list, what with the quick Colts-Saints turnaround. Ugh.

Agree, hope they are thinking the same

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dont worry guys, Joe B said Cody Ford wasnt really as bad as we all thought he was against the Jags.   No reason to worry.

That really isn't true. He still gave Ford a low grade, he just said he wasn't any worse than the other o-linemen. The bigger problem with Ford coming in is it likely forces Williams back to RT where he has not been as effective this year. If Brown is out we need Dawkins and Morse and Williams to step up. A lot of teams have poor guard play. That isn't an excuse for our veteran o-linemen to play like crap.

Edited by HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Stanley Lombardi said:

Your comment does not address the issue of vaccination.  Instead, t addresses wrong-headed NFL rules about vaccination.

The rules are the rules and by not following them you put your team in more jeopardy.  If you foolishly decide against vaccination you put your team in more jeopardy, not to mention the obvious positive benefits.

I think they'll play Douglas at RT and leave Williams at RG.  They can't play Ford, they know that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hate you.  I hate your smug name.  I hate your dog. 

As the messenger, and as someone who is obviously responsible for this happening, I'm going to direct all my anger towards you

• Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd rather see Bates on the interior, but Williams mightily struggled at RT against the Jags, so I'm not sure I want to see Williams out there again. It's strange, because he played so well at RT last year.

But yes, I think Bates is a good player. I would not be surprised if he was a starter one day (maybe on a different team if we let him walk).

1 minute ago, MJS said:

He could be a close contact and go on that list, right? Also, we do not know his vaccination status, so don't jump to conclusions.

A close contact of who though? Also as I mentioned, we need to watch other oline starters closely and even Josh Allen the next few days because this situation could get even worse quickly....