Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand the chain reaction.  We aren't playing the Bucs or Titans or Cowboys this weekend.

We are playing a .500 team that hasn't beaten anyone.

We should still beat the Colts.

Wonder if he’ll be available when we play the Saints on a short week? He sure was missed against the (then) one win Jags. 

Edited by Augie

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Process said:

Where the hell did I say that lmao. 

There is no non QB in the entire NFL that would shift a point spread 7 points.

What are you talking about?

You said Brown is the second most important player.  If you lose your second most important player, the line will shift.

I was exaggerating having them as favorites but if Spencer Brown is that important, the line should shift a few points.

51 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Welcome back Cody Ford. Because we refuse to use Ryan Bates.  🤮🤬

I don’t get it either.

He seems to be the next to the next to the next man up.

Edited by hemma
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

but it makes a bigger difference if you're an NFL player

Why? For whom?

For our entertainment purposes,  

let them play and accept the result regardless of it. In the end I do not think we will stop supporting the team and more importantly we not only have this year to win a  SB

Here's another doomsday scenario to consider with Brown, assuming he has real Covid right now regardless of vaccination status.....we need to watch guys like Darryl Williams, Morse and Allen closely the next few days since he was in close proximatey with them on Sunday and presumably practice yesterday.

Going to be a lot of anxiety the next few days watching to see who else tests positive on this team.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The Bills can overcome Spencer Brown missing......panic if you want, but that is just ridiculous.

Yes…..they can overcome his loss….if Josh Allen is good enough on that day. If 17 doesn’t have that extra juice, the juice he lacked vs jax, we’ll probably look terrible and very unlike a contender.  Which we saw

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Here's another doomsday scenario to consider with Brown, assuming he has real Covid right now regardless of vaccination status.....we need to watch guys like Darryl Williams, Morse and Allen closely the next few days since he was in close proximatey with them on Sunday and presumably practice yesterday.

Going to be a lot of anxiety the next few days watching to see who else tests positive on this team.

Don't think I could get more concerned than I was before, so thanks! 😟

4 minutes ago, poblano said:

Why? For whom?

For our entertainment purposes,  

let them play and accept the result regardless of it. In the end I do not think we will stop supporting the team and more importantly we not only have this year to win a  SB

It makes a difference on player availability......you're taking this much deeper than I care to.

Wow, lot's of pearl clutching over the Brown loss.  Dude's played 4 full games in his career--including the Titans loss,  when JA was sacked 3 times and scored zero points in the 4th Q including 4 shots from Titans 12 and closer.  He wouldn't be seen for another 3 weeks, at the Jets.

Chill everyone. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

lol, I've never seen so much hyperbole about a player.

Surprised Spencer Odgen Munoz isn't already on the wall of fame.

I think it's more about the guy behind him getting Josh Spartan kicked into the well. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, lot's of pearl clutching over the Brown loss.  Dude's played 4 full games in his career--including the Titans loss,  when JA was sacked 3 times and scored zero points in the 4th Q including 4 shots from Titans 12 and closer.  He wouldn't be seen for another 3 weeks, at the Jets.

Chill everyone. 

see above.

22 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t that’s possible unless it was a false positive.  It seems like COVID lasts for around 7-10 days.  If he was negative Sunday, contracted COVID Tuesday, and tested positive on Wednesday, that leaves just Thursday and Friday.  He would need to test negative on Saturday morning and then Sunday morning.  

I don’t think 2 days is enough time…and he’s probably not feeling great either.  This is if he IS vaccinated which we don’t know 

Yeah, or if he’s asymptomatic or has a very mild case. He’s need 2 negative tests 24 hours apart and would also have to be symptom free for 48 hours (so basically if he’s symptom free tomorrow and Saturday + tests negative those 2 days he can play Sunday).

Definitely a long shot for Sunday if he actually had covid, even if vaxxed.

But if he’s not vaccinated, he’s very likely out for next Thursday’s game too. (minimum 10 days).

Unless he’s unvaxxed and was just deemed a close contact of a covid positive (5 days out) but I’m doubtful that’s the case because nobody new went on the covid protocol list yesterday afaik. 

Regardless of vaccine status, I just hope he’s ok. I hope he has a very mild case (if he actually had covid) and feels better soon.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1