Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

We basically did lose Allen if Cody Ford is the answer. Josh will be running for his damn life. 

Exactly...people aren't panicking,  they're just being realistic. Losing Brown at RT forces Daboll to slide Williams back there where he's been terrible. And to make things worse they'll probably stick Ford at RG. Josh will be scrambling to his left all day. 

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I understand that. But given the rules of the NFL, if he's not vaccinated he's costing the team his availability for perhaps two games. It's as simple as that. 

Yes, because the most important thing is  a F@#&%ng spectacle

This is a disappointment and hurts the team, but they can certainly win the game without him.  Two weeks ago, the Cardinals lost their STARTING QB and MVP candidate Kyler Murray and still found a way to beat the 49ers with Colt McCoy at QB.  The Titans beat a good Saints team and crushed a contending Rams team without their STARTING RB and MVP candidate Derrick Henry.  Good teams are able to adjust to missing players and still win games.  Is Spencer Brown more important to the Bills than Kyler Murray to the Cardinals or Derrick Henry to the Titans?

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather keep Williams at RG and have Tommy Doyle start at RT.  I think Ryan Bates can also play tackle.

You have bizzare preferences.  Doyle is just NOT ready.  I guess we may see him, but he looked bad in preseason at RT.

The snaps that he took for Dawkins in the Jets game were turnstile-ish

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We lost games against Pittsburgh and the Jags without Brown starting.

We won games against Miami (x2) and Washington without Brown starting.

To be fair, we lost a game against Tennessee where he started, where having him let a guy blow past him caused an INT as Allen's arm was hit as he threw

And we won games against Houston and the Jets as well as KC with him

So I would say him starting is a "mixed bag"

The Offensive stats that (( believe) Sal tweeted out with/without Brown are insane.  

That said, if truly are the team they/we think they are... they should be able to scheme around this.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We lost games against Pittsburgh and the Jags without Brown starting.

We won games against Miami (x2) and Washington without Brown starting.

To be fair, we lost a game against Tennessee where he started, where having him let a guy blow past him caused an INT as Allen's arm was hit as he threw

And we won games against Houston and the Jets as well as KC with him

So I would say him starting is a "mixed bag"

Exactly.  

I just read that Spencer Brown is more important than Diggs, Knox, Beasley, Dawkins, Sanders, Morse, Williams etc....

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

FWIW, I think we would all feel a lot better if our OL/Offense can show they made adjustments and win a tough game without Spencer Brown..  I don't think any of us feel that great with the notion that our entire season hinges on the availability of a rookie RT, as good as he may be.  

We absolutely cannot weaken two positions to save one again.  I'd rather keep the other four lineman in their current spots and let Doyle or Bates take their lumps at RT.  Knox is back and we can use him to help on that side.  

Plus it’s easier to just chip or double a DE with TEs and RBs than it is to provide help to a turnstile on the interior. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No he's not lol.

We are I believe 7.5 favorites against the Colts.  If Brown is out, do you think that line shifts to favor the Colts?

Where the hell did I say that lmao. 

There is no non QB in the entire NFL that would shift a point spread 7 points.

What are you talking about?

47 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

This has nothing to do with getting vaxxed. Vaxxing doesn't stop you from getting it, the majority of cases are from vaccinated people. This is about possible having to play Cody Ford and we are *****.

yeah but it could absolutely affect if he’s available for the New Orleans game

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think what you’re discounting is the chain reaction. It essentially puts us down 2 starters. We’re now dealing with backups along the whole right side because Williams kicks out as the backup RT and then guard needs replaced with whatever abomination they put in. It’s not just the typical plug and play. 

I agree that good teams overcome it but it’s not as simple as just losing one position. 

I understand the chain reaction.  We aren't playing the Bucs or Titans or Cowboys this weekend.

We are playing a .500 team that hasn't beaten anyone.

We should still beat the Colts.

11 minutes ago, poblano said:

Please understand that being vaccinated does not make you immune, it only avoids greater risks if you get infected, so to speak, it is a preventive vaccine, not a cure.

And condoms lower your risk of contracting sexually transmitted disease! Not a cure! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I think Diggs is more important

I disagree. If Josh is protected, I think the offense can still function at a high level with the other WRs we have. 

If Josh is running for this life all game it doesn't matter what we have at WR.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Exactly.  

I just read that Spencer Brown is more important than Diggs, Knox, Beasley, Dawkins, Sanders, Morse, Williams etc....

I’d say it’s important because it bumped Williams inside…. Not necessarily because Brown’s an uber talented beast. He’s just better than the alternative and allows the team to eliminate a liability in the middle. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't consider RT a critical position.

QB, DE, LT, CB, CB, DT, WR are much more critical than RT.

I think every team is different with respect to what is critical.  On this team, Josh likes to, and seems do do better when he is able to roll to his right.  Does that make it more critical than other teams? I think its part of a complex set of issues for this offense.  I believe Spencer Brown is a critical player for this offense, in this season. To me, context is king.  And in the the context of The 2021 Buffalo Bills, RT has appeared to be critical to their results. I hope they move past this and adjust well.  Still, it makes me flinch a little bit.  I would much rather have him on the field this weekend than not.  That is not panic...  Also, with respect to the other positions listed above, they have respectable depth to overcome a missing starter.  I think we can reasonably question whether that is true for RT (or T in general).

Edited by cwater10