Spencer Brown placed on Covid List [Edit: Thurs 11/18]

Royale with Cheese

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

This has nothing to do with getting vaxxed.

If he's vaxxed, he might be able to play Sunday, and will almost definitely be able to play against the Saints.

If he isnt vaxxed, he can not play either game.

HUGE difference, and plenty to do with being vaxxed.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If we are relying on a rookie RT to make our break our season, then we have bigger problems.

We will be under center more that will help the OLine.

There have been major upsets the entire season.  The WFT beat Tampa, Jets beat the Titans, Broncos destroyed Dallas, Dolphins manhandled the Ravens.

Don't let the Jax game change you're entire thinking on this team.

I hope you’re right.  It’s isn’t as much about Brown as much as it is about the situation with Cody Ford.  He has been bad in just about every start and Williams hasn’t played that great at Tackle this season either.  I’m pretty concerned about this outcome 

While the injuries and covid issues keep piling up for this team, let's be serious though.....if our entire season hinges on a 3rd round rookie olineman then again this front office had an epic failure this offseason.

One thing is clear though, Ryan Bates must start now right tackle. Time to stop worrying about him getting hurt because of his backup center ability because at this point it doesn't matter and need to keep Williams at RG and Ford nowhere near the field as a starter.

• Like (+1) 4

FWIW, I think we would all feel a lot better if our OL/Offense can show they made adjustments and win a tough game without Spencer Brown..  I don't think any of us feel that great with the notion that our entire season hinges on the availability of a rookie RT, as good as he may be.  

We absolutely cannot weaken two positions to save one again.  I'd rather keep the other four lineman in their current spots and let Doyle or Bates take their lumps at RT.  Knox is back and we can use him to help on that side.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, JohnNord said:

I hope you’re right.  It’s isn’t as much about Brown as much as it is about the situation with Cody Ford.  He has been bad in just about every start and Williams hasn’t played that great at Tackle this season either.  I’m pretty concerned about this outcome 

That would be concerning.  If Bates or Doyle can't start over Ford....how bad are they right now?

If I read the tweet from Sal or Joe B with who has been lining up with the first unit and I see Ford....gut punch.

1 minute ago, letsgoteam said:

I have never been a doom & gloom type when it comes to the Bills. But, unless the D has a shutout, without Brown the game is pretty much over, right?

I don’t feel so great about it, but we’ll have to wait and see.  They did win 3 games with Brown not starting at RT

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

While the injuries and covid issues keep piling up for this team, let's be serious though.....if our entire season hinges on a 3rd round rookie olineman then again this front office had an epic failure this offseason.

One thing is clear though, Ryan Bates must start now right tackle. Time to stop worrying about him getting hurt because of his backup center ability because at this point it doesn't matter and need to keep Williams at RG and Ford nowhere near the field as a starter.

The season doesn't hinge on it but anytime you lose a good player it affects the team. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That would be concerning.  If Bates or Doyle can't start over Ford....how bad are they right now?

If I read the tweet from Sal or Joe B with who has been lining up with the first unit and I see Ford....gut punch.

Im almost positive that happens.  I’ll actually feel a little better if Bates gets the start.  They do have a little time to prepare